rs3 8v wheels onto s3 8v

24styles

#teamsolar
Reaction score
getting some rs3 8v rotors at the weekend and i noticed the staggered setup with the 255/30/19 and 235/35/19 and i just assumed the 255 would be on the rear but ive noticed that on rs3's they have the wider tyre and wheel on the front....anyone know why this is and weather i should put the wider wheel and tyre on the front or rear of my s3???

this is the specs
255/30/19 8.5j et43
235/35/19 8j et46

I believe the staggered set-up is to deal with the understeer. So I would give a go, I just love the understeer in my S3.

Reactions: Rob2k68, batch and Tom.H
I believe the staggered set-up is to deal with the understeer. So I would give a go, I just love the understeer in my S3.

thats wot i was thinking, might make it a bit better but i dont know if thers any difference from rs3 to s3 that would mean it wouldnt be the same....i dont really drive mine often enough or hard enough to come across the understeer, and im also hoping the change from the stock contis to my new goodyear eagle f1 asciymetric 3's will help

thats wot i was thinking, might make it a bit better but i dont know if thers any difference from rs3 to s3 that would mean it wouldnt be the same....i dont really drive mine often enough or hard enough to come across the understeer, and im also hoping the change from the stock contis to my new goodyear eagle f1 asciymetric 3's will help

wider tyres and new goodyears should certainly help and yes, the understeer doesn't appear in normal driving. I did just recently replace the rear ARB with 034 Motorsport bar & links, you can tell the difference in everyday driving, you feel the car not leaning on the outside tyre as much and does reduce the understeer noticeably.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and 24styles