RS3 8Y engine modifications

Received it last Friday. I live in Colombia South America. It is non OPF

Where does the second line go in your picture ? The one that ends top right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received it last Friday. I live in Colombia South America. It is non OPF

Difference is shown here for NAR cars like yours.
51418362331ea612fa9587f11a167c18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HGP announced its stage 3 https://www.hgp-turbo.de/2-5-tfsi-2022-mit-ottopartikelfilter-opf.html with turbine modification , wagner EVO 1 intercooler installation , catalytic converter - opf modified . Honestly the modification seems too extreme to me and I don't like that the engine starts to push after 4,000 rpm .
What I am interested in understanding instead is installation Wagner EVO 1 intercooler . As they explain in the video adoption of an EVO 3 style version is useless on the 8Y because of closed grille in the license plate area . What I can't figure out is if the air deflector ( see photo ) to better channel air to intercooler is a HGP production item or is it an original deflector modified by HGP ? Can anyone check on Audi spare parts catalog if this deflector exists as standard ?

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 117
HGP announced its stage 3 https://www.hgp-turbo.de/2-5-tfsi-2022-mit-ottopartikelfilter-opf.html with turbine modification , wagner EVO 1 intercooler installation , catalytic converter - opf modified . Honestly the modification seems too extreme to me and I don't like that the engine starts to push after 4,000 rpm .
What I am interested in understanding instead is installation Wagner EVO 1 intercooler . As they explain in the video adoption of an EVO 3 style version is useless on the 8Y because of closed grille in the license plate area . What I can't figure out is if the air deflector ( see photo ) to better channel air to intercooler is a HGP production item or is it an original deflector modified by HGP ? Can anyone check on Audi spare parts catalog if this deflector exists as standard ?
That 'may' not be strictly true depending on how the cooler is 'boxed' in.
On my lads Golf all the air goes in under the bumper and we sealed the cooler off to the bodywork/bumper etc, about 3/4 of the intercooler is behind the bumper itself so not in direct airflow, It works really well and inlet temps are within 10c of ambient temperature. Golf is running an RS3 motor at about 525hp

Photo 2 Golf

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesOff, kayemill and RichK
Pic just after finishing it, car runs Mk1 TT 6 speed 4WD gearbox, with 'diesel' ratio crown whel and pinions, forged engine at 9.5-1 comp (std is 10-1) hybrid turbo, Syvecs ecu/direct, and port injection, water/meth injection, Rallye/Syncro tunnel/rear end floors with Haldex rear differential and stand alone controller, 100-200kph in aroud 6 seconds dependent on gear change (inlet to air filter is different now) also really needs a larger diameter turbo feed pipe

IMG 1136

Reactions: FBF01, Waq1, garethdj and 4 others
Pic just after finishing it, car runs Mk1 TT 6 speed 4WD gearbox, with 'diesel' ratio crown whel and pinions, forged engine at 9.5-1 comp (std is 10-1) hybrid turbo, Syvecs ecu/direct, and port injection, water/meth injection, Rallye/Syncro tunnel/rear end floors with Haldex rear differential and stand alone controller, 100-200kph in aroud 6 seconds dependent on gear change (inlet to air filter is different now) also really needs a larger diameter turbo feed pipe

View attachment 257452
Most of that went straight over my head - though it sounds brilliant and I bet it gives a few other drivers a shock as it takes off at the lights!

Reactions: FBF01