RS3 8Y exclusive paint choice help

BazzaB

Reaction score
Hi all you tasteful folk. I have placed a Vorsprung order with exclusive paint and currently have chosen Sebang Blue - on the basis my last RS3 was that colour and I liked it and now it is not a standard colour and I don't like any of the standard colours.
However... this seems to be missing an opportunity and shows little imagination given the scope of choice. I would appreciate people's thoughts on a great colour to choose when the world is my lobster (not red though). Thanks.

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
Hi all you tasteful folk. I have placed a Vorsprung order with exclusive paint and currently have chosen Sebang Blue - on the basis my last RS3 was that colour and I liked it and now it is not a standard colour and I don't like any of the standard colours.
However... this seems to be missing an opportunity and shows little imagination given the scope of choice. I would appreciate people's thoughts on a great colour to choose when the world is my lobster (not red though). Thanks.
Lots of colours in this thread as a start :)

If you are looking for something special, would it be an option to order a standard colour and wrap it? This gives you a lot of choice and cost wise is probably no more expensive than ordering an exclusive colour.

I am assuming that exclusive paint might result in a longer lead time for your delivery (I could be wrong there...)

If you are looking for something special, would it be an option to order a standard colour and wrap it? This gives you a lot of choice and cost wise is probably no more expensive than ordering an exclusive colour.

I am assuming that exclusive paint might result in a longer lead time for your delivery (I could be wrong there...)
A decent wrap done properly is around £2,500-£4k.

Hi, good point though at a net cost of £2k v up to £4k for wrap I aim to make the right choice and stick with it (sorry about the wrap pun...). cheers

Reactions: J.Smith
A year or so dealerships say for an exclusive paint
Sepang
Nogaro
Kingfisher
Ara
Navarra
Racing Mica
Merlin Purple
Venetian purple....erm erm...!!!
San Marino
All excellent metallic colours if it's a metallic paint your after

Reactions: 8YARWY
And if ordered today you’ll beat the December price increase which saves you more than the £2400 required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Waq1 and Mike.46
Hi, good point though at a net cost of £2k v up to £4k for wrap I aim to make the right choice and stick with it (sorry about the wrap pun...). cheers
Yes sorry, I have a wrap guy who sponsors our business so gives us mates rates, I think I'm a bit out of touch with current pricing :) Exclusive paint definitely seems the way forward if you're not in a rush for the car. Sepang blue is one of my all time favourite Audi colours

First post after many years in BMW M.

I too have a Vorsprung Sport back in Sepang Blue ordered. I was also thinking the same thing, if I'm going exclusive, why go for a standard Audi colour?

Info seems sparse on the subject but is it true you can spec ANY colour even from other manufacturers?

I quite like Porsche Gentian Blue...

...although I really like Racing Mica Blue.

My M4cp is Blue Hera Mica which is very rare.

Really?

I've got an estimated build date of June...

I'll try and find the thread.
When you say estimated build date, is that just something the dealer has given you as their best guess or is it an actual unconfirmed build week in the order system?

Finding out...

Have you got a link to the other thread?
Post #364 if the link doesn't take you right there

First post after many years in BMW M.

I too have a Vorsprung Sport back in Sepang Blue ordered. I was also thinking the same thing, if I'm going exclusive, why go for a standard Audi colour?

Info seems sparse on the subject but is it true you can spec ANY colour even from other manufacturers?

I quite like Porsche Gentian Blue...

...although I really like Racing Mica Blue.

My M4cp is Blue Hera Mica which is very rare.
Well Gentian is Porsche.. which is VAG

What do we think to this then: arrow grey

A new take on nardo ?
Update of Suzuka grey ?

like it: yes / no ?

Reactions: HereWeGo and Jassyo06
What do we think to this then: arrow grey

A new take on nardo ?
Update of Suzuka grey ?

like it: yes / no ?

Arrow Grey was a standard colour on the A1 mate so really not an Exclusive paint

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 144
Arrow Grey was a standard colour on the A1 mate so really not an Exclusive paint

bl#%Dy hell it doesn’t look as good in that pic ... showroom lighting helping again I guess !

Reactions: Jassyo06