RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

I have decided to get my round wheel retrimmed to Alcantara. I’m hoping to take it in next week and they will give me a “loaner” RS flat-bottom wheel for the week or so it takes to re-trim it.

Obviously, I won’t have an airbag as my car airbag is a different shape - and I’m also wondering how many warnings I am likely to get as a result of a non-connected airbag.

Any thoughts? Do we think that it might cause other systems to stop working?

That must be costing a fair bit considering all the material needed to cover that HUGE round wheel ..... lol ;) :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Southall87, kayemill, Terminator x and 2 others
Agreed ... can't say i miss the part alcantara wheel from my last RS3 or full alantara / micro-fibre from my A45.
PITA the keep looking smart - feels nice in winter though lol

One thing I don’t miss…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Agreed ... can't say i miss the part alcantara wheel from my last RS3 or full alantara / micro-fibre from my A45.
PITA the keep looking smart - feels nice in winter though lol
Eh, I imagined you in driving gloves always Snake!

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Few reasons
1.its cheap to manufacture
2.doesn't wear well at all,Colour Fades on a steering wheel
3.High maintenance
4.when worn it becomes bald and shiny

Bald & shiny……..

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Alcantara....Nice to look at but don't touch
Exactly, I had one done for my R8, after a week or so I could see it losing the alcantara look where I placed my hands, a quick brush sorted it, and the same the following month, but this time for pictures to sell it on E-Bay :)

Starting to see a few cars with the maxton body kit fitted, plus all the little stickon winglets and such

I think it looks utterly awful - struggling to understand why people would fit it…

Besides lowering and more aggressive wheel offsets/wheels, from the outside the car looks spot on so don’t get the desire for those tacky bits n bobs.

I may be in the minority - anyone tempted by it?

Reactions: Jay 1234, AndyVWR, RSt3ve and 5 others
Starting to see a few cars with the maxton body kit fitted, plus all the little stickon winglets and such

I think it looks utterly awful - struggling to understand why people would fit it…

Besides lowering and more aggressive wheel offsets/wheels, from the outside the car looks spot on so don’t get the desire for those tacky bits n bobs.

How to ruin a good looking car from factory.

Seems a Facebook groups wet dream.

Reactions: Spinstorm, Keano04, kayemill and 1 other person
Check out the interior on this.
Audi can do it when they want to.
Will the uk get this car & in this spec ?

Reactions: Terminator x and AndyVWR

My ideal spec would have been a Launch edition car, I like the carbon edition , but not the roof spoiler, hence one of the reasons I went Vorsprung, so, having avoided the roof spoiler the thought of sticking spoilers and little winglets on doesnt make a lot of sense I agree

Reactions: Keano04

I'm with you on this in general, and being specific, it's not even a nice kit IMO.
On cars like the A35/45 the aero pack really lifts the car. But the styling of the rs3 is just so nice as is.
Each to their own with these things, but I'm always of the opinion that if you aren't happy with the look of your car, buy another one. Wheels is probably the exception, but even these now are pretty much nailed on by the manufacturers.

Reactions: Keano04
I'm with you on this in general, and being specific, it's not even a nice kit IMO.
On cars like the A35/45 the aero pack really lifts the car. But the styling of the rs3 is just so nice as is.
Each to their own with these things, but I'm always of the opinion that if you aren't happy with the look of your car, buy another one. Wheels is probably the exception, but even these now are pretty much nailed on by the manufacturers.

There’s one on the 8Y FB page, looks terrible.

60k car with 50 bob bits stuck on it

It’s getting a lot of love from some of the replies….not.

Reactions: RSt3ve and Jassyo06

I just want a more aggressive looking diffuser but put off that you need to drill the bodywork to attach most of this stuff.

Check out the interior on this.
Audi can do it when they want to.
Will the uk get this car & in this spec ?

Interesting- fbsw combined with ACC and lane assist too!

Last edited:
I don’t think it has that - all cars seem to have the stalk for lane assist but the button may not do anything.

But then again it could be like that German RS3 we saw…

I don’t think it has that - all cars seem to have the stalk for lane assist but the button may not do anything.

But then again it could be like that German RS3 we saw…
why would you put a button that dis nothing on a car that’s going to cost £85k - £100k depending on trim. + Lane assist / lane departure warning is a basic safety system and legal requirement for new passenger carrying vehicles.

more likely new developmen from Audi for selected MY23 models.

Reactions: Jassyo06
why would you put a button that dis nothing on a car that’s going to cost £85k - £100k depending on trim. + Lane assist / lane departure warning is a basic safety system and legal requirement for new passenger carrying vehicles.

more likely new developmen from Audi for selected MY23 models.
No. More likely it’s cheaper to make one type of stalk and disable the function, than make two types of stalk. Plus they can make more money if you enable it on FoD.

My B9 S4 had the full ACC and full lane keeping with the FBSW. It uses the old system rather than the new capacitance sensors though, or did for my car, hence why they can do it with these cars.

My B9 S4 had the full ACC and full lane keeping with the FBSW. It uses the old system rather than the new capacitance sensors though, or did for my car, hence why they can do it with these cars.

My S5 has the same spec but FBSW where removed as an option from MY22. Had a look a new RS5 this week with the tech pack and that the round wheel. Didn’t have the opportunity to test if used the old torque input or new capacitance sensors unfortunatly

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit and Jassyo06

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, RS03??? and 1 other person
I've already managed to inflict a few minor chips in the paint and was trying to get hold of a touch up pen. However Ayr Audi advised that the paint was exclusive and could not get one.

Pretty sure it's a standard color. Anyone know where I could get one?

Edit: Tried Glasgow as well. Paint code is Z6A. Do I just nip to B&Q and get them to mix some up.

Last edited:
I've already managed to inflict a few minor chips in the paint and was trying to get hold of a touch up pen. However Ayr Audi advised that the paint was exclusive and could not get one.

Google search your paint code there's a mob in England that do Vag paint touch up pens £12 delivered

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill

Edit: Tried Glasgow as well. Paint code is Z6A. Do I just nip to B&Q and get them to mix some up.
Exclusive paint lmao - give A&L Paints a phone in Killie, they should be able to make you up a match.

01563 543794

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill

I’ve used both these companies in the past.

Reactions: Jay 1234, garethdj, kayemill and 2 others
Here's another

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-130659_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-130659_Chrome.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Jay 1234, 8YARWY and kayemill

Kyalami was a exclusive paint colour when it first got introduced on the TTRS

Reactions: kayemill
Exclusive paint lmao - give A&L Paints a phone in Killie, they should be able to make you up a match.

01563 543794
It was a Exclusive paint initially first seen back in 2017 of course it ain't now available RSQ3....and the 8Y as we know
Below is the pfl ttrs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-221533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-221533_Chrome.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 77
It was a Exclusive paint initially first seen back in 2017 of course it ain't now available RSQ3....and the 8Y as we know
Below is the pfl ttrs
Yeah I know, but you’d think Audi would be aware of this by now.