RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

That's some low usage

Screenshot 20220607 204048 myAudi
I don't expect more than 5.5-6k a Yr, currently around 11 weeks and 1200 miles

My last car did 5600 miles in 13 months when sold.

2,444 from Jan 19th, she's getting on a bit now :tearsofjoy:

A few steady months then I'm off to Italy, so 3000 miles will get added in 11 days or so. It'll be a scrapper by then!!

• Haha
Reactions: RS5JON, Snake Pliskin and kayemill
Absolutely, day to day driving I forget its been lowered. The new dynamic ride is fantastic so even Dynamic setting and lowered feels great

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Deleted member 160894
Absolutely, day to day driving I forget its been lowered. The new dynamic ride is fantastic so even Dynamic setting and lowered feels great
Thanks, that's good to know. It's always a worry on our "wonderfully" surfaced roads but that's definitely a good option then :)

Who's got standard suspension and who adaptive ?

I've got the standard and very happy with it to be fair.
My last car (Merc A45s) was rock hard whereas the RS3 is supple / comfortable but still firm - much better.

Almost two months and this on the clock.
56501dd02e5799f97f28a94a0b92a721.jpg

I’ve got standard suspension and can’t fault it. Had mag ride on the old one and was a bit worried but no issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

My last car (Merc A45s) was rock hard whereas the RS3 is supple / comfortable but still firm - much better.
I'm on standard, I looked at adaptive but figured I would never run it in comfort anyway so decided against it. The feel is more than good enough for our roads.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and kayemill

Adaptive here….. I’ve set it to softest setting also.

I’m on 1,926 but it started at 706 so I’ve done 1,200 miles in 6 weeks but my mileage is on average about 200 a week and some weeks if I have a car for a video I won't drive it at all.

This week and next I have two EVs for example.

I got adaptive

I’m on standard too and happy enough with it. About to drop it 25mm on the Eibach sportlines so hope it doesn’t ruin it as they’re supposed to keep almost the same ride quality.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
I can't speak for the standard suspension as I have DRC mentioned earlier, but I drive mainly in comfort but even in Dynamic its a very compliant ride lowered.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Deleted member 160894 and 8YARWY
I can't speak for the standard suspension as I have DRC mentioned earlier, but I drive mainly in comfort but even in Dynamic its a very compliant ride lowered.
What about with multiple people in the car?

2,444 from Jan 19th, she's getting on a bit now :tearsofjoy:

A few steady months then I'm off to Italy, so 3000 miles will get added in 11 days or so. It'll be a scrapper by then!!
Snap, I'll be driving mine to Italy on Friday! :thumbs up:

1,150 miles done for me since collecting mid April.

Reactions: RSt3ve

I’ve got adaptive and it’s superb. RS cars have a bad rep for rode quality but For comfort the 8y is great.

If being critical, in some situations owing to the diff you can really feel the weight transfer (feels like a rally car on a gravel stage to over egg it a tad for the purposes of clarifying the feeling I mean) but I’m getting used to that. To put it another way, I think dynamic could be firmer but otherwise happy

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Deleted member 160894
one of lifes mysteries - to quote maverick

only had 1 pax in the car so far, front seat
Ok, thanks. Does your car look level after the suspension has settled and had some mileage on it? Some pictures posted by owners on the internet a while ago showed the back of the car looking like it had been lowered more than the front.

Some RS3 bashing in the comments.

Funny how MR Wizard said he was struggling to keep up with a new RS3 in his original video yet in this video of his Cupra Dyno he says there was nothing in it.

So 50/50 on the suspension but positive comments all round.

most people in the car I’ve had is 3 and felt no difference to be fair. Was giving some beans as of course they wanted an RS demo from time to time lol ;)

Reactions: kayemill and Deleted member 160894

Would love to hear more about the road trips to Italy

Reactions: kayemill, RS5JON and RSt3ve

Where are you heading to? I can't wait, I did it in 2018, one of the best things I ever did.

Would love to hear more about the road trips to Italy

I'll do some updates from mine when I go, heading to Cortina d'Ampezzo in Italy via the Eurotunnel, Belgium, Germany, Austria and return via Switzerland, Germany & Belgium.

Where are you heading to? I can't wait, I did it in 2018, one of the best things I ever did.
Staying near Lake Como and exploring the lakes. We can't wait, was meant to go as Covid started. So been a long time coming! First time for us, any tips?

Sounds like yours will be a great trip too, enjoy!

Staying near Lake Como and exploring the lakes. We can't wait, was meant to go as Covid started. So been a long time coming! First time for us, any tips?

Sounds like yours will be a great trip too, enjoy!
Very nice, I passed through there in '18 to the west of the lake but passing to the east this time, lovely part of the world.

As for tips, the only thing I struggled in Italy with was finding super unleaded so for what it's worth as you cross into Italy go in with a full tank if you can.
Also, if you do fill up in Italy the garage attendants assume that they fill your car up and they'll rush to wash your windscreen. Caught me out at first but they accept a polite decline!
A final thing about Italy, be prepared for people to literally sit on your rear end no matter what speed you're doing, it's un-nerving but just how they drive. If you slow down to let them pass they just sit there too and won't overtake in most cases.

In general, depending on which countries you visit, German Police are ok, Austrian a bit more relaxed, Italian seem to encourage nice cars to drive faster but the worst are the Swiss, 1mph over is a crime and they are backed up by locals who will happily report speeding cars. Switzerland is just a case of switch the limiter on and admire the scenery.

Reactions: RS5JON
Ok, thanks. Does your car look level after the suspension has settled and had some mileage on it? Some pictures posted by owners on the internet a while ago showed the back of the car looking like it had been lowered more than the front.
Looks as it should to me, 2 months on
20220609 060138

Reactions: 8YARWY, kayemill and Deleted member 160894
Reactions: Jassyo06
Some RS3 bashing in the comments.

Funny how MR Wizard said he was struggling to keep up with a new RS3 in his original video yet in this video of his Cupra Dyno he says there was nothing in it.

RS3 baiting? Lol. It was easily walking away from him on track and I'd be willing to bet that if the same driver was in both that it would be significantly faster, especially out of corners. We also have no idea if the RS3 was giving it the full beans on the track in front of him either. I would find it hard to believe that the Cupra would 'bait' the RS3 or something like a 240i (since they did essentially the same time on track)...

Reactions: 8YARWY
RS3 baiting? Lol. It was easily walking away from him on track and I'd be willing to bet that if the same driver was in both that it would be significantly faster, especially out of corners. We also have no idea if the RS3 was giving it the full beans on the track in front of him either. I would find it hard to believe that the Cupra would 'bait' the RS3 or something like a 240i (since they did essentially the same time on track)...

If you watch the original track video he bemoans that he can’t catch up to the RS3, it also is mentioned in the comments how the pro RS3 driver wasn’t even going full tilt in the corners which makes him look even dafter……

Reactions: Daggerit
If you watch the original track video he bemoans that he can’t catch up to the RS3, it also is mentioned in the comments how the pro RS3 driver wasn’t even going full tilt in the corners which makes him look even dafter……

I watched it originally but hadn't seen it for a while so had started to think maybe I was just imagining that. Lol. He really is a muppet.

Reactions: 8YARWY