RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Also why did they never release those gorgeous seats that they had on the PFL 8V pre launch when Audi were driving them around?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
afc38e6ca10751752f5f1ffcfd9c8d70.jpg
They are stunning and look similar to the optional sports seat of the R8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-131912_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-131912_Chrome.jpg
    986 KB · Views: 78
Also why did they never release those gorgeous seats that they had on the PFL 8V pre launch when Audi were driving them around?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
afc38e6ca10751752f5f1ffcfd9c8d70.jpg

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06
Plus you’ll need all the help you can get to keep up with me. @Daggerit

I’ve said a few times it’s an A3 with a fancy engine but having driven my 8P hard and my RSQ3 with steels they soon fade. The benefits of CCB being no brake dust plus no fade makes them a brilliant option for anyone who likes the occasional back road blast. I’d like to see the numbers of those with and without.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine will go on track as did the old RS3, RS4, M5 and M2! I despised the standard Audi brakes on the 3 and 4, not fit for purpose on a RS model imho.

TX.

Reactions: kayemill, Daggerit and Jassyo06
Mine will go on track as did the old RS3, RS4, M5 and M2! I despised the standard Audi brakes on the 3 and 4, not fit for purpose on a RS model imho.

TX.
Fair play to you..... you track your cars i'd rather spend £4500 on a paint colour that nobody had ie take the Mrs kettle into the sales guy and say take that and copy it....lol

Reactions: Terminator x
That is my biggest gripe with the Tesla model 3 - they are just SO damn bland looking.
Looks like it could move under water......ye know like that white Lotus Esprit in The Spy who $hagged me ...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY, kayemill and 1 other person
That is my biggest gripe with the Tesla model 3 - they are just SO damn bland looking.
I'm going to look at a Cupra Born at the weekend............ stick that in yer pipe :friends:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, AndyVWR and Jassyo06
Lol I don’t care anymore……..

Me neither....lol but that seat born reminds of a Seat 5 door thing from the early 00's but at least it's no a Ugly muvva F@@ker lol

Reactions: 8YARWY
Seat Alhambra....Seat Altea XL..... That is my offer.

Anyway to stay slightly on topic..ish

I have decided with regret to de-activate opening windows on the key. Its just too risky with these ****** Audi Keys. No trouble with VW keys for last 15yrs but 3 mths with Audi keys its a nightmare.
And while I'm at it these standard trim wheels take too long to clean.
But I do love the downshift blips and the mad acceleration. (With Fuel prices, numerous sensible people and reports say smooth gentle acceleration to conserve fuel is the order of day....umm No! where is the fun in that.

Also has anyone else used RS Individual or RS Performance in slow speed settings (with the result of unncessarily high revs and thought..."i bet those people I've just passed probably think I can't drive a car properly (with revs screaming at 3,500rpm(or higher) :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Also has anyone else used RS Individual or RS Performance in slow speed settings (with the result of unncessarily high revs and thought..."i bet those people I've just passed probably think I can't drive a car properly (with revs screaming at 3,500rpm(or higher) :tearsofjoy:

Performance mode = no use for everyday driving, just makes the driver look like a Pratt.

• Haha
Reactions: Economist, Jay 1234, 3vans and 1 other person
Performance mode = no use for everyday driving, just makes the driver look like a Pratt.

Quoted the wrong message, edited!

I have decided with regret to de-activate opening windows on the key. Its just too risky with these ****** Audi Keys. No trouble with VW keys for last 15yrs but 3 mths with Audi keys its a nightmare.
But I do love the downshift blips and the mad acceleration. (With Fuel prices, numerous sensible people and reports say smooth gentle acceleration to conserve fuel is the order of day....umm No! where is the fun in that.

I use RS individual as my default… just knock the gearbox out of S.

Reactions: Mike.46 and AndyVWR
Lol am curious…….

Curiosity killed

Call it whatever Audi label it RS performance individual and Dynamic mode all Performance Audi's want to Rev up change up ASAP and it's not very suitable for low speed driving....like a scolded cat comes to mind....

Reactions: AndyVWR
Curiosity killed

Call it whatever Audi label it RS performance individual and Dynamic mode all Performance Audi's want to Rev up change up ASAP and it's not very suitable for low speed driving....like a scolded cat comes to mind....

Lol could be……..

My 8V with a DSG remap from TVS was perfect in Dynamic around town.

Lol could be……..

My 8V with a DSG remap from TVS was perfect in Dynamic around town.

Both my 8v pfl and 8v fl went into Bronco mode when Dynamic mode was engaged TTS kess so and was far better car for it...come to think it was the Audi I've driven....even the ttrs roadster l drove 6 years ago....**** me driving it in dynamic mode was more like driving it in a launch control mode

Reactions: 8YARWY
Both my 8v pfl and 8v fl went into Bronco mode when Dynamic mode was engaged TTS kess so and was far better car for it...come to think it was the Audi I've driven....even the ttrs roadster l drove 6 years ago....**** me driving it in dynamic mode was more like driving it in a launch control mode

Yeah the TVS software allowed it to change up earlier, so you don’t look like a mad ting…

I tend to use Individual but mainly in manual, I use the gear selector to switch back to S (auto) at junctions and lights if I need to make a quick get away as for the life of me I cant get the 1st - 2nd change correct (or anywhere near as correct as the ecu does it :) ) Individual in Auto mode isnt too bad on the rpm, but Performance mode just makes you look like a to**er with all the rpm's

Reactions: AndyVWR and 8YARWY
I tend to use Individual but mainly in manual, I use the gear selector to switch back to S (auto) at junctions and lights if I need to make a quick get away as for the life of me I cant get the 1st - 2nd change correct (or anywhere near as correct as the ecu does it :) ) Individual in Auto mode isnt too bad on the rpm, but Performance mode just makes you look like a to**er with all the rpm's
I gave up with manual after I hit the limiter with manual down changes. The car is much cleverer than me so it can do the gear changes.

Don't get the wrong idea, I haven't been down the local high street in RS Performance doing 25mph and revving the nuts off it. Its those odd occassions when you cycle those with button on steering wheel and you linger too long in that mode (thats when I think uh oh better hit that button again.

For sure. Only reason to buy it is for exclusivity, which isn't enough for me to think it's a good idea. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Lol trouble is the RS3 8Y is fairly exclusive at the moment by default......and ABT ain't known for being cheap......

Lol trouble is the RS3 8Y is fairly exclusive at the moment by default......and ABT ain't known for being cheap......
Not a bad point, but there's almost 100 on Autotrader for sale plus any that people actually have registered so don't know where you start to class a car as 'exclusive'. Hahaha.

A massively over expensive set of add ones..............
You’re right but usually they have great designs and plenty of companies usually copy them and make those parts out of less expensive materials (not carbon), for example imo a carbon lip is too risky where I live so an abs knockoff one would be ideal lol and some parts I wouldn’t mind buying from them if I’ll like the design and the price won’t be toooo crazy, so let’s wait and see what they have to offer

You’re right but usually they have great designs and plenty of companies usually copy them and make those parts out of less expensive materials (not carbon), for example imo a carbon lip is too risky where I live so an abs knockoff one would be ideal lol and some parts I wouldn’t mind buying from them if I’ll like the design and the price won’t be toooo crazy, so let’s wait and see what they have to offer

Sticky on bits, nah not for me no matter who makes em……….

Just seen this reel of my car getting prepared on the detailers page, pretty cool

Reactions: RS03???, kayemill and Terminator x
My launch edition Kemora grey sportback now up for sale on autotrader for £66k as my vorsprung should be arriving shortly. If anyone interested or know anyone looking please let me know. Thanks