RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Specifically what Pirelli’s was it? I presume it was just a specific model of tyre at that time?

If it was specific to the Pirelli’s could you not have just fitted a different tyre?

For peace of mind it seems a simple “solution” if geometry is spot on and it’s just those tyres…

Last thing you’d want to be worrying about in that situation eh, totally get that

No idea why it happened mate and yes I personally just fitted Michelins. When it became apparent it wasn't happening with the Michelins I just forgot about it and enjoyed the car again.

Some people persisted with Pirellis though and tried to argue it out with Audi. In terms of the specific tyre and batch, I can't remember, but like I said there's a massive rabbit hole to wander down with the whole topic on here in past threads if you are ever bored.

Reactions: Keano04
Even now The Pzero A01's are fitted to all types of supercars from the factory.....RS3 8v problems aside to me its all about personal preference/experience of a certain tyre....l know some youtubers rave about Michelin...Joe achilles is a Michelin Anorak bores the **** off of me personally when he gets on his Michelin Soap box

Even now The Pzero A01's are fitted to all types of supercars from the factory.....RS3 8v problems aside to me its all about personal preference/experience of a certain tyre....l know some youtubers rave about Michelin...Joe achilles is a Michelin Anorak bores the **** off of me personally when he gets on his Michelin Soap box

Tesla Model 3 performance has now 20” 235/35 PZero fitted in model year 22.
They have the stretched look now because they are on a 9J rim
Previous models had 8.5j with Michelin PS4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Tesla Model 3 performance has now 20” 235/35 PZero fitted in model year 22.
They have the stretched look now because they are on a 9J rim
Previous models had 8.5j with Michelin PS4s

they had one in the showroom on Saturday but it was a used one and the alloys where scrawked to hell ... not good for a show car !

I'm wondering if these fit the new 8Y or is the spaces on the grill are too big.

I'm wondering if these fit the new 8Y or is the spaces on the grill are too big.

Aren't the holes filled in where the number plate would go to cover the crash bar?

Anyone bought PS4S's or swapped over tyres yet? 2months in and these ****** potenza's are on 4mm so just going to switch them up. Lowest I can see for PS4S's is around £230 a tyre :laughing: just incase anyone knows anywhere cheaper before I bite the bullet cheers :)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Anyone bought PS4S's or swapped over tyres yet? 2months in and these ****** potenza's are on 4mm so just going to switch them up. Lowest I can see for PS4S's is around £230 a tyre :laughing: just incase anyone knows anywhere cheaper before I bite the bullet cheers :)

fe09e430b2b5f1cbc8aaaa0647160c73.png

Reactions: Mr Freeze
fe09e430b2b5f1cbc8aaaa0647160c73.png

ahh great thanks mate. The 245/35 seem a tad more than that around 220, will get some of those ordered! cheers

edit: don't happen to know if the 'TL' makes any difference?

ha ha I know the Pirelli's are a very soft compound - but just how many launches have you been doing to get down to 4mm in 2 months ? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Alexlfc17
ha ha I know the Pirelli's are a very soft compound - but just how many launches have you been doing to get down to 4mm in 2 months ? :tearsofjoy:
hahaha actually not too many, bit of drift mode once didn't help

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Didn't think that the Bridgestone's were known for being overly soft though... I wonder what the starting tread was though, maybe not as bad as you think if they only started at 6 mm or something. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Alexlfc17
Didn't think that the Bridgestone's were known for being overly soft though... I wonder what the starting tread was though, maybe not as bad as you think if they only started at 6 mm or something. :tearsofjoy:
I hope so I'll use that excuse haha. Car doesn't get driven hard, could lose your license way too fast in one of these.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
To those who have taken delivery… how are you getting on with the rear end?

I’m finding it is really active!!

The rs3 is certainly not a point and squirt (well not a smash the throttle and hang on) car anymore, you have to feel what you are doing and be far more thoughtful about the surface and keeping an eye on the rear end.

Either that or the Pirelli’s are just proper crap in the damp/cold!!!

The rs3 is certainly not a point and squirt (well not a smash the throttle and hang on) car anymore, you have to feel what you are doing and be far more thoughtful about the surface and keeping an eye on the rear end.

Look at the first 5 mins of Volkswizards recent video on youtube lmao

Reactions: bigtasty
Look at the first 5 mins of Volkswizards recent video on youtube lmao

Do I have to… can’t stand that cretin… I assume there will be reference to his club sport in those 5 mins

Edit - ok I relented: he did reference his clubsport *** (); and he tried to smash and hang on and failed!!!

Bit of an idiot to turn everything off and just smash the throttle

I’ve been very cautiously dialling things up and pushing it further - haven’t played with the diff active mode yet as you can get the rear to be playful even in other modes

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally

Squirmy is the word!
I'm still easing it in but under mild acceleration on the turn it feels playful in RS Performance mode.
It's going to be a barrel of laughs this car, feels really well balanced overall, I don't get the impression understeer will be an issue in any condition.
Can't wait to press the loud pedal properly in a few more hundred miles.

Is this just on performance mode or in any mode?
I assumed it would drive very simular to the 8v if not on "dift mode"?

Squirmy is the word!
I'm still easing it in but under mild acceleration on the turn it feels playful in RS Performance mode.
It's going to be a barrel of laughs this car, feels really well balanced overall, I don't get the impression understeer will be an issue in any condition.
Can't wait to press the loud pedal properly in a few more hundred miles.

See I have been experiencing under steer but not even going particularly quick - almost like the tyres are overinflated comes to think about it.. I will check tyre pressures tomorrow just in case.

Is this just on performance mode or in any mode?
I assumed it would drive very simular to the 8v if not on "dift mode"?

I’ve found you can feel the rear coming in to play in auto / individual (I have traction etc etc all on and in comfort setting) / performance but I’ve not used dynamic / eco / drift modes so couldn’t comment on those yet.

It feel really quite alive I think - anyone saying it’s boring are not worth listening to imho.

Last edited:
Part of my issues will be just getting used to driving a new car of course so likely a lot to do with learning curve but still not a fan of the Pirelli’s so far - looking forward to some warmer weather though

Last edited:
Anyone taken delivery confirm if their car has dynamic center caps on the alloys? Seen it on Volkswizards video.

Anyone taken delivery confirm if their car has dynamic center caps on the alloys? Seen it on Volkswizards video.
They show as a £143 option on the dealer configurator so I doubt that any of our cars will come with them as standard...

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
See I have been experiencing under steer but not even going particularly quick - almost like the tyres are overinflated comes to think about it.. I will check tyre pressures tomorrow just in case.
On my test drive I found that it could understeer if you went into a corner off the power, so the rear diff isn't loaded. It was at a reasonable speed as well, must've been because it was freezing and the Bridgestones aren't really designed for that temperature. If I gave it some of the loud pedal it seemed to pull the nose in but it's a bit counter-intuitive.

omg even if I had this would I ever notice :tearsofjoy:
Don't think my car has them looking at photos.

They show as a £143 option on the dealer configurator so I doubt that any of our cars will come with them as standard...

£143 option :wtf:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Daggerit and 1 other person
Sheesh. Explains that then! They are kinda cool though..

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
Sheesh. Explains that then! They are kinda cool though..
I agree, but that's a lot of dosh for some centre caps. I was thinking of changing the wheel colour at some point but imagine that the centre caps that come on the OEM VS wheels will be black so might have to have another think.

£143 option :wtf:

They are taking the proverbial. The same option with BMW/Mini are £49, and I thought that wasn’t cheap

Had them on my summer wheels of M40i, but to be honest as Glen says, don’t really notice

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and RS03???
They are taking the proverbial. The same option with BMW/Mini are £49, and I thought that wasn’t cheap

Had them on my summer wheels of M40i, but to be honest as Glen says, don’t really notice
Only time you will notice it, is when you are washing the wheels.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
On my test drive I found that it could understeer if you went into a corner off the power, so the rear diff isn't loaded. It was at a reasonable speed as well, must've been because it was freezing and the Bridgestones aren't really designed for that temperature. If I gave it some of the loud pedal it seemed to pull the nose in but it's a bit counter-intuitive.
I never picked up on that on my demo drive but it was quite a warm day for the time of year, I did notice similar though on one of the first video's from Greece when they were doing the drifiting stuff on the large car park type area, if they didnt get the timing of the loud pedal right the car did understeer

Reactions: Daggerit

£50 on a golf!

Reactions: NevMan
WTF are they anyway / what do they do?

TX.
Just stay the right way up all the time with the wheel spinning. Think of the RR centercaps of a Rolls Royce or something where the logo is always correctly oriented.

But that's basically all the time!
Especially if you watched that Volkswizard video, car is filthy! Also I agree with a few on here that if he mentions that Clubsport one more time!

Reactions: Daggerit
WTF are they anyway / what do they do?

TX.

360 cam and Tyre pressure monitoring not available on Vorsprung ... but Audi none spinning wheel caps are for an extra cost PMSL :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Terminator x