RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

I guess so but still a concern isn't it.
I agree because it does it at strange times and it scares the poo out of me when it does. Or what we think are strange times anyway.

If it's doing it for parked cars then there could be a kid running out after a ball or an animal or something that normally you'd hit the brakes for anyway. On dual carriageways it could be a deer or anything. Technically it doesn't change anything (in my opinion) in terms of someone hitting the back of you, the difference to me is just that it may have made a mistake as to why it was braking in the first place.

Again, just my opinion and I have no idea what insurance companies would say.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Dashcams would potentially help, as could at least show car slamming on brakes “for no reason” as opposed for something in front

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Dashcams would potentially help, as could at least show car slamming on brakes “for no reason” as opposed for something in front

Again though, would that change things in the eyes of an insurance company? Don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I agree because it does it at strange times and it scares the poo out of me when it does. Or what we think are strange times anyway.

If it's doing it for parked cars then there could be a kid running out after a ball or an animal or something that normally you'd hit the brakes for anyway. On dual carriageways it could be a deer or anything. Technically it doesn't change anything (in my opinion) in terms of someone hitting the back of you, the difference to me is just that it may have made a mistake as to why it was braking in the first place.

Again, just my opinion and I have no idea what insurance companies would say.
My previous Golfs have done this, but with a difference to what is being said,

It first warns with a red crash warning and beep, then a jab of the brakes, followed apparently (its never got this far) by full emergency brake, seat belt pre tension and hazards on.
However, If I did something like move the steering wheel, lift of the accelerator, apply the brake the car recognises that i'm aware of the hazard and nothing else happens. Whether it would give all the warnings in a more critical situation I dont know
I said previously that each newer Golf has had better programming than the last, my first hated cyclists and an S bend by us with metal railings around it, my latest (2017) takes no notice of those and has only warned me once in 40K mikes when someone turned left in front of me then stopped half way around the corner

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
Preston Audi got a couple of new cars up, for April 22 delivery. Prices are more reasonable and says you get it brand new...
CB Saloon, White, £63,029
Vorsprung SB, Mythos, £67,054 (Has RS Dynamic Pack)

Reactions: NevMan, garethdj, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Preston Audi got a couple of new cars up, for April 22 delivery. Prices are more reasonable and says you get it brand new...
CB Saloon, White, £63,029
Vorsprung SB, Mythos, £67,054 (Has RS Dynamic Pack)
why not kemora grey ... :)

I'm not too sure where we got to with tyres and tpms, but my standard spec is fitted with Pirelli's and has black valves (from photos, forgot to actually check what type), I also didn't start it up to check on the computer.

VED goes up on April 1st :D

Thank you very much ;) was thinking 490 plus something extra...

You don’t have to tip them you know.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Mastachaz and 1 other person
What about for those of us who have already purchased? Fairly sure my order is on the road price.

TX.

Edit - not that £75 will break the bank in the grand scheme of things!

My quoted price includes road tax so I’d expect that to be honoured if you ordered before the increase.

My quoted price includes road tax so I’d expect that to be honoured if you ordered before the increase.

Not sure they'll honour a Govt increase? well certainly the Govt wont, maybe Audi will ?

Again though, would that change things in the eyes of an insurance company? Don’t know.

Suppose it depends. If Dashcam shows brakes being slammed on when nothing around, at least you could “attempt” to explain to insurance with some footage. Without it they would definitely say “sorry, driver at fault”

Not sure they'll honour a Govt increase? well certainly the Govt wont, maybe Audi will ?

Quite unlikely. They will just say out of their control

Just heard on the news, Congestion charge and ULEZ charge to be abolished and then introduce instead pay per mile. £2 per mile is being mentioned and introduced in a 2 years time. Wonderful.!

Just heard on the news, Congestion charge and ULEZ charge to be abolished and then introduce instead pay per mile. £2 per mile is being mentioned and introduced in a 2 years time. Wonderful.!
Lol London will be ghost town for cars at that cost!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY and RS03???
Lol London will be ghost town for cars at that cost!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Yes, very unfriendly to cars, deep pot-holes and ill-maintained speed humps to knacker the tracking, shred tyres, 20mph speed limit and speed cameras to start with.

Reactions: Terminator x
I'm not too sure where we got to with tyres and tpms, but my standard spec is fitted with Pirelli's and has black valves (from photos, forgot to actually check what type), I also didn't start it up to check on the computer.
Mine has Bridgestone Potenza Sport tyres, normal black valve stems and only TPLI, not the full TPMS.

Theres a 50mph average speed camera set up by us and it states on the 50mph imit ''Speed limit to reduce harmful emissions’’ this is beacuse it passes a housing estate, so, how would that stand up in court if an EV went flying through at 70mph?

Theres a 50mph average speed camera set up by us and it states on the 50mph imit ''Speed limit to reduce harmful emissions’’ this is beacuse it passes a housing estate, so, how would that stand up in court if an EV went flying through at 70mph?
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

My misses BMW 128ti jammed on the brakes out of no where the other day on me because of parked cars at the side of the road. No likey..
I had it on my old golf gtd. Didn't like it when I was negotiating sheep in the road over the Yorkshire moors, constantly slamming on.

"WE HAVE 2 COMING IN, ONE IN KYLAMI GREEN & THE 2ND IN TURBO BLUE (BOTH SPECIAL ORDER PAINT FINISHES)"
Yeah I saw it , price are to crazy for 1 owner cars tbh

Reactions: Jcbmally
"WE HAVE 2 COMING IN, ONE IN KYLAMI GREEN & THE 2ND IN TURBO BLUE (BOTH SPECIAL ORDER PAINT FINISHES)"
**** takers as usual, £80k :sex:

• Haha
Reactions: pburv
Does anyone know the total number of RS3 that have arrived in the UK? just curious being as there are 48 of them advertised on AT