RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

And a new rear camera as well apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t forget it’ll need coding / Odis works to make it all work properly.

Don’t forget it’ll need coding / Odis works to make it all work properly.

I've just updated my VCDS lead as older one's wont work post 2019 cars, bought new one £300, sold old one ebay £250 :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
I've just updated my VCDS lead as older one's wont work post 2019 cars, bought new one £300, sold old one ebay £250 :)

There is supposedly SFD integration coming to VCDS.

Reactions: Mike.46

It will be interseting to see what has the SFD protection, the bloke I got the lead off (Ilexa) reckoned they wouldnt allow the SFD code as there are too many potential law suits heading their way from both owners and manufactureres when it all goes pear shaped

Enlighten me. I’ve a VCDS lead for my ED30 which was purchased in 2018. I didn’t even think about using this for the RS3. What’s the SFD integration add to VCDS?

Just curious - given the delays in the order process - where like me you're trading in a car and settling the finance (my TTRS) - the value given for my car I assume will stand, even though I am adding mileage to it and obviously it is getting older (they must have factored that in). Second thing, the PCP for my new RS3, all signed and dotted, with the final value of my traded car worked into that - I am still making payments on my TTRS, so I do believe Audi Finance will have to refund me every single payment made after the settlement figure was quoted? If I have done my math right, I'm in for a juicy refund when I take delivery - correct? Pretty sure a lot of you are in the same boat as me... cheers. H.

My understanding is that the monthly payments are covering the fall in value. Unless they revalue your car at the point of new car day don’t expect a refund.

Enlighten me. I’ve a VCDS lead for my ED30 which was purchased in 2018. I didn’t even think about using this for the RS3. What’s the SFD integration add to VCDS?

Depending on which lead you have it may not work on post 2019 cars, it needs to be a HEX - V2 or HEX - NET,

SFD is Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose, or Vehicle Diagnostic Protection, some ecu's on the car carry this function to prevent you altering them, to alter the ecu you need a code from Audi to unlock the ecu, it then stays unlocked for a set time period before relocking.

They will tell you it's to stop you altering saftey functions and causing possible law suits and maybe even your insurance company throwing a claim out because you switched ABS off (as an eg)

But, its also to allow Audi to fit the car with every option and not allow them to be switched on (like adaptive cruise, high beam assist etc) without you pay Audi for the privelage

Not everything is SFD protected though, a few Golf 8R owners (also with SFD) have altered stuff like Lane assist to 'remember last setting' with OBD Eleven, whether the Audi system is similar no one seems to know yet

Since I signed on the dotted, my TTRS has only done 550 miles... I've made four payments since... so I don't think 550 miles and four months would equate to what I've paid on the finance in that time. If anything the car has appreciated in value.

I've re-read the settlement quote. Answered my own question. It clearly states that if any additional payments have been made, they will be refunded within 3-5 days of the agreement closing. I then checked this with the sales rep this evening, he also confirmed this and that the value assigned to my TT took into account the estimated lead time. QED, I'll get a refund of my monthly payments made from November last year. Happy days.

Good to know. My last couple of trade ins I’ve continued to use my cars and my reply was based on my reply from the dealer, so I was basically covering the reducing values.

Are still staying active on this forum Sean.
You have been of great help to me and others with your access to etka/erwin.
I read that you are now going for a change of path with your next vehicle. Will you look at getting teslas equivalent of vcds/odis for this mate?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Are still staying active on this forum Sean.
You have been of great help to me and others with your access to etka/erwin.
I read that you are now going for a change of path with your next vehicle. Will you look at getting teslas equivalent of vcds/odis for this mate?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hello mate

Sadly Tesla is like Apple, locked up pretty tight there’s no VCDS equivalent.

Still researching the Tesla before I take the plunge and my order is still ‘live’ with Audi but it’ll more than likely be sold on before it arrives.

Reactions: DW81

As pretty much what Mike says above really.

OBD11 are ‘supposedly’ working on licensing agreements with VAG, however I can’t see it being fully unlocked when Vag went to all the trouble to tighten things up.

It used to be that you could use fake Odis S / E with dodgy Geko access accounts to work on these cars, however that’s changing as Odis will move into a cloud based software as opposed to a ‘physical’ application you could install on a laptop, and currently certain procedures for parts changes require a Geko account holder to provide proof they are a genuine user and the parts being used are genuine, they then decide whether to allow the works to proceed or not.

As pretty much what Mike says above really.

OBD11 are ‘supposedly’ working on licensing agreements with VAG, however I can’t see it being fully unlocked when Vag went to all the trouble to tighten things up.

It used to be that you could use fake Odis S / E with dodgy Geko access accounts to work on these cars, however that’s changing as Odis will move into a cloud based software as opposed to a ‘physical’ application you could install on a laptop, and currently certain procedures for parts changes require a Geko account holder to provide proof they are a genuine user and the parts being used are genuine, they then decide whether to allow the works to proceed or not.
Interestingly when I spoke to Ilexa I discussed the claim that OBD eleven had ‘SFD’ cracked, now, (he’s obviously singing from the VCDS hymn sheet) his take on it is OBD Eleven will have a ‘rogue’ VAG dealer somewhere with access to the system supplying the unlock codes to themselves and then onwards to ODB eleven users, obviously for what they call a ‘token’…………(read price)

ODB eleven is SFD unlockable as we know - that is why they gave me one to make a video on before Christmas.

Anyone got an answer on TPMS being removed? I haven’t seen this anywhere else.

ODB eleven is SFD unlockable as we know - that is why they gave me one to make a video on before Christmas.

Re TPMS, it appears that Launch Edition and "Frankenstein" spec cars are the only ones that have it.
Standard and Carbon Black models delivered so far only seem to have the basic TPLI function.
Vorsprung pictures seem to show that they do not have the valves required for full TPMS.
If anyone can confirm otherwise, please do so.

Reactions: Daggerit
Re TPMS, it appears that Launch Edition and "Frankenstein" spec cars are the only ones that have it.
Standard and Carbon Black models delivered so far only seem to have the basic TPLI function.
Vorsprung pictures seem to show that they do not have the valves required for full TPMS.
If anyone can confirm otherwise, please do so.

@Snake Pliskin ?

Is it a big issue if a car comes with/without a active TPMS ...seems like folks are just going over similar ground with this gimmick just like they did with the 360 cameras???

I found the Active TPMS useful.

Saved me driving on a tyre with a puncture as it bonged a warning the minute I moved the car out of the garage.

The indirect on our Golf GTD took too long to bring up a warning, by that time the tyre sidewall was knackered because of the friction of it moving on the rim.

Reactions: Jassyo06

Saved me driving on a tyre with a puncture as it bonged a warning the minute I moved the car out of the garage.

The indirect on our Golf GTD took too long to bring up a warning, by that time the tyre sidewall was knackered because of the friction of it moving on the rim.

Never had it so won’t miss it .....av got by with the basic system/eyesight with my 2 previous cars and here was me thinking most people where buying the car for the 5 cylinder engine lol

Maybe lol but I don’t go looking at all four wheels before every journey.

The Golf tyre didn’t even look like there was an issue either until I physically checked it’s pressure.

60k car without a relatively simple feature is bonkers.
Especially if the other editions are getting it.

This has annoyed me enough that I am going to call Audi out for this on YouTube.

Yes. I accept that getting TPMS valves and coding it using OBD eleven maybe something @DJAlix can do but honestly this is getting pathetic.

Removing all these features from UK cars that you can get in other countries.

Reactions: jimbo255
A
This has annoyed me enough that I am going to call Audi out for this on YouTube.

Yes. I accept that getting TPMS valves and coding it using OBD eleven maybe something @DJAlix can do but honestly this is getting pathetic.

Agreed they're kicking the hole out of the UK specified cars ...l spoke to my son's pal at Glasgow Audi this week concerning a new A1 for my mum 3 months lead time for a A1 S-line with only a £500 Audi loyalty bonus l had to decline lol 2nd largest dealership in the UK and they only got 3 cars in from Audi this week....although he did mention that of this month he could see on his computer that a lot existing customer orders had been/ about to be built ....

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY

You can’t just add valves.

Module / wiring / adding to the gateway / coding of several different modules.

Reactions: Waq1 and Jassyo06
Basically this.
b43a392b8ae73aee2875ff289468d334.jpg

In my opinion Audi should offer retrofits for free to bring the cars up to spec.

I have spent the last few days driving a beautiful Genesis G70 Saloon - it looks fantastic and it has a 360 camera and TPMS - it even shines lines onto the ground below when reversing so you can see where the car is going. And it Is £46k with all of those extras - now it isn’t fast that is the problem but if they put a decent engine in it - then it would be something!

Check out the photo next to my 8V.

Attachments

• 9777C39D-8AAE-48D3-BB5F-613D7A949E6D.jpeg
    9777C39D-8AAE-48D3-BB5F-613D7A949E6D.jpeg
    561.1 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
Plenty of 8Y’s for this Audi driving experience

UK can swivel I bet they say

f1f8d69d6f38bc0034eff18dd0bb1706.png

39b203558cde5398191ec0f1751d3d38.png

f46e390565d7f28dc1c982af27443333.png

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Vorsprung with TPMS stems
0a2029e1df387f42cf8b27e9d7ae2fda.jpg

Reactions: kayemill
In my opinion Audi should offer retrofits for free to bring the cars up to spec.

I have spent the last few days driving a beautiful Genesis G70 Saloon - it looks fantastic and it has a 360 camera and TPMS - it even shines lines onto the ground below when reversing so you can see where the car is going. And it Is £46k with all of those extras - now it isn’t fast that is the problem but if they put a decent engine in it - then it would be something!

Check out the photo next to my 8V.
Drive needs mowing mate!

Yes it has, audi hasn't mentioned it but a dealer put up a vorsprung add on auto trader and on the MMI screen you could tell there was only 2 pages on a certain tab, where as Launch cars have 3, showing the TPMS was not available.

I bought a Golf GTD some years back now, the dealer 'refurbished' one of the alloys (read man in a van) and obvioulsy never set the TP correctly, it took about 3-4 miles for the tyre pressure monitor to pick up it was at the wrong pressure

Another poke in the eye for UK buyers if so.

I’m used to it now, generally try to keep the safety specs on these days if I’m dealing with Audi or looking through the forum.

• Haha
Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Another poke in the eye for UK buyers if so.

i think all the goodies will come with the face lift & it could be a swan song run out for the 5 pot RS3

Reactions: pburv
i think all the goodies will come with the face lift & it could be a swan song run out for the 5 pot RS3
Always Always the Romantic is our Glen lol
Next thing you'll see on the RS3 8Y is another price hike in May not TPMS

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Always Always the Romantic is our Glen lol
Next thing you'll see on the RS3 8Y is another price hike in May not TPMS

Audi pulls pants down and spanks owners, oh and tyre pressure monitoring, forget it uk scum

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person