RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

Very nice mate, some spacers will make a world of difference

I’m planning to get a second set of wheels - not a fan of spacers if I can avoid them.

Reactions: Detail Devil, Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
l see you've got bridgestones fitted mate.....hope mines doesn't have em fitted love the look of Pzeros .....best looking tyres on the road....let us know how they feel once you've run them in......

i was very relieved to get the Bridgestones tbh as the Pirelli’s were a big complaint of owners of the 8v RS3.
Too early to see if the Bridgestones are any better as they need bedding in as you say, but they get positive reviews on line. Visually they look a good tyre and have excellent rim protection.

Well what was pencilled in for a morning collection ended up being 4pm so it was dark ***… but it’s here

My first Audi so lots to get used to but it’s a lovely place to be…

The sound was a surprise to me - for a brand new car with just 15miles on it, the cold start was rather fruity

It will be run in quickly so I can really hear the exhaust - the sounds is very promising. So far it’s exactly what I hoped for

Will be getting more pics but a couple of phone pics from the collection bay

ead69b7c950094c2082918f57fbd1504.jpg

9b6089999828ef7efd323a1427b99ee4.jpg

looking bl@@dy good there.
Mine looks mean so I bet yours is off the charts menacing in black.
Agree with all your comments.
Congrats mate & enjoy ! :)

Reactions: Keano04 and Jcbmally
Well You dont live in the F@@King Scotland.......and l aint paying £2400 for a P@@FY paint colour te get it covered/chipped with gritters/road salt as soon as it reverses off a trailer.....So @Snake Pliskin drive yours like ye stole it mate....l am well chuffed for ya.....

Ps Up Yours ya jammy barsteward.....lol

i get where you’re coming from lol ;)
Summer is best of course it is, but I am delighted to have it so quickly for sure ... I waited 7 months for my 8v so 5 months for this was quite remarkable. I know it’s early days but all the positives of my last RS3 are there, plus some new elements (more aggressive styling / better suspension etc) so I think everyone will be over the moon with these cars when they get them and in exclusive colours they will be worth the wait.

Reactions: Mike.46, Mr Freeze, kayemill and 2 others
Congratulations Snake. Lovely colour and judging by your impressions it’s the muts nuts. Looks fantastic in saloon trim.

cheers mate - yeah I’m liking the saloon shape a lot and that carbon tail spoiler really sets the back end off.

Reactions: Jcbmally
i was very relieved to get the Bridgestones tbh as the Pirelli’s were a big complaint of owners of the 8v RS3.
Too early to see if the Bridgestones are any better as they need bedding in as you say, but they get positive reviews on line. Visually they look a good tyre and have excellent rim protection.

I'm hoping for the Bridgestones, the latest revision seems to be in that top tier along with the Michelin and Goodyears.

Pirelli's Pzeros are the worst tyres I've ever had on any of my cars. I felt this way before the weird problems people seemed to suffer with them on the 8V, which is saying something. They do look cool though. Probably the only thing they've got going for them.

They might be better these days, the revision I am talking about is from 5-6 years ago.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Well what was pencilled in for a morning collection ended up being 4pm so it was dark ***… but it’s here

The sound was a surprise to me - for a brand new car with just 15miles on it, the cold start was rather fruity

It will be run in quickly so I can really hear the exhaust - the sounds is very promising. So far it’s exactly what I hoped for

Another lovely saloon. As @jassyo06 would say “Vader look” :icon thumright:

cheers mate - yeah I’m liking the saloon shape a lot and that carbon tail spoiler really sets the back end off.
I’ll admit I am a SB fan but the saloon is definitely better looking. Enjoy it buddy, if you need a hand running it in, I’m off this weekend, and you too @Keano04 :whistle2::icon thumright:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, Keano04 and 1 other person

Handover bays have shity lighting but it stills makes the Vader look absolutely stunning

Reactions: Jcbmally and Keano04
Hoping it's the Bridgestones on mine also.

Everyone’s favourite steering wheel round a friends house

Runway display is annoying me - it’s upside down - and for some reason it seems to be the default display but is my least favourite. Hopefully I can fix that in the settings rather than having to change it every time I start her up.

Similarly I want to more easily turn lane assist off - ****** hate lane assist…

User error so far but will have a proper look to try to sort it in the morning

f0314d636a3900a07b77f8dade0996fe.jpg

Reactions: Jay 1234, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
41c3074f0b12431f23bfe56288cce01f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Apache007, Pinky1959, AndyVWR and 4 others
Sorry Guys just got home it was a late collection and Dealer was very thorough & professional then had a drive home.

so full write up with pics will be tomorrow but initial impressions are excellent.

Best way to describe is:
It looks mean as f#%*
it looks angry ! :)

A few controlled bursts and the power is ridiculous ha ha !
Sound is as the guys who’ve test driven one have commented and whilst not pre FL or FL levels, my god compared to my Merc it’s day & night ... perfect for me.
Sounds incredible outside & in.
So pleased with the sound as that was a BIG thing for me.

Fit & finish so far looks excellent.
Seats are mega love them.
Again VERY firm in the Merc but these are way more comfy but still supportive.

Lastly ... standard suspension !
I’ve not gone mag ride and the standard suspension is brilliant.
Way more supple than the Merc, soaks up bumps much better but it’s still firm - spot on.
So anybody ordered standard suspension rest assured its great.

more tomorrow guys but it’s a big thumbs up so far.

Ps: the carbon bits, black roof and Matt black alloys look ace. It looks so good from any angle.

chuffed to bits :icon thumright:

View attachment 248092
Congrats mate it looks spot on

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin

Runway display is annoying me - it’s upside down - and for some reason it seems to be the default display but is my least favourite. Hopefully I can fix that in the settings rather than having to change it every time I start her up.

As soon as l first saw the so named runway gimmick l thought that's back to front them graphics not a fan of it either

The lane assist has to be turned off each time you start the car, unless there’s maybe a way of deactivating that using VCDS or something. Hold the button on the end of the left stalk down for 3-5 seconds and it’ll turn off.

Reactions: Keano04, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
The lane assist has to be turned off each time you start the car, unless there’s maybe a way of deactivating that using VCDS or something. Hold the button on the end of the left stalk down for 3-5 seconds and it’ll turn off.

8Y platform like 8R golf requires SFD tokens to access modules for any changes.

Reactions: Daggerit
Is the lane assist the annoying thing which try’s to turn the car in automatically - I felt something like that on the way home last night.
I’d like to turn that off !

Reactions: Jcbmally, billymc92 and Jassyo06
Is the lane assist the annoying thing which try’s to turn the car in automatically - I felt something like that on the way home last night.
I’d like to turn that off !
Yes but every time you restart the car it comes back on. You can hold the button on the end of the stalk for 5 seconds rather than going through the MMI screen

Reactions: Jcbmally, Keano04 and Snake Pliskin
Yes but every time you restart the car it comes back on. You can hold the button on the end of the stalk for 5 seconds rather than going through the MMI screen

good to know thanks :icon thumright:

Yeah I’ve been going through the mmi. Been dark so haven’t properly even seen what the stalks look like yet and so didn’t know you could do it that way

As soon as l first saw the so named runway gimmick l thought that's back to front them graphics not a fan of it either

Glad it’s not just me who thinks that then - I really don’t like the display at all. It’s counter intuitive with how you would actually use a runway so that’s gets my ocd going!!

Wish we could have the big central rev counter display. Liked that one on the previous gen.

At the moment I’m switching it to the old fashioned style dials as the favourite.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Adi7r
I have to do the same when i drive my Mrs A1 - I also hated this when i had the RS3 for 1/2 day and had to call my son to ask how to turn it off!!! That and the dam auto stop start.....If those 2 features can be coded out, i'm at the front of the queue!!!!!

The lane assist is not automatically on. Go into settings turn it off.

Personally I love lane assist and ACC - it keeps me safe and means if I am slightly over zealous I have a back up.

Personally I love lane assist and ACC - it keeps me safe and means if I am slightly over zealous I have a back up.

So can you do that even with the ACC package??

Cars look great guys. Enjoy.
Didn't even know that ACC or lane assist was standard so every day's a schoolday
They were a cost option on my Macan and not cheap.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Keano04

What do you mean?

On my car at the moment it most certainly is automatically on… although I’m hoping from what you’re saying that doesn’t necessarily need to be the case?

What do you mean?

On my car at the moment it most certainly is automatically on… although I’m hoping from what you’re saying that doesn’t necessarily need to be the case?

To clarify - how do you change the settings so that when you turn the car on next time it doesn’t just revert back?

I’ve been able to turn it off through the mmi but not in a way where it won’t just come back on again after I’ve turned the car off and then on again…

For some reason I couldn’t edit my original post to clarify this

The car I test drove had it turn back on automatically each time I got back in it whether I turned it off on the stalk or through the MMI. It was pretty annoying.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Keano04
The car I test drove had it turn back on automatically each time I got back in it whether I turned it off on the stalk or through the MMI. It was pretty annoying.

That was the same with me. Also, albeit different my Mrs A1 does the same thing for the lane assistance and also the poxy stop start save the planet we are all gonna die feature!!!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit

Lane assist is always on, it can only be turned off by pressing the end of the stalk.

Reactions: Detail Devil
Let me rephrase then - you can adjust the strength of the lane assist in the settings; if it is on the lowest it might vibrate that's all.

Obviously, without a car, I can't test this. However, you could definitely turn it totally off on the 8V.

Reactions: Detail Devil
Let me rephrase then - you can adjust the strength of the lane assist in the settings; if it is on the lowest it might vibrate that's all.

Obviously, without a car, I can't test this. However, you could definitely turn it totally off on the 8V.
You got car for at least day ....

So as everyone had been saying, you can’t just turn it off in such a way that it won’t come back on next time you turn the car back on?

That’s a shame, I thought you had found a setting to keep it off as that would have been useful.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
So as everyone had been saying, you can’t just turn it off in such a way that it won’t come back on next time you turn the car back on?

That’s a shame, I thought you had found a setting to keep it off as that would have been useful.

Hopefully it can be coded out though, that would be a win.

Reactions: Keano04 and Snake Pliskin
Sorry Guys just got home it was a late collection and Dealer was very thorough & professional then had a drive home.

so full write up with pics will be tomorrow but initial impressions are excellent.

Best way to describe is:
It looks mean as f#%*
it looks angry ! :)

A few controlled bursts and the power is ridiculous ha ha !
Sound is as the guys who’ve test driven one have commented and whilst not pre FL or FL levels, my god compared to my Merc it’s day & night ... perfect for me.
Sounds incredible outside & in.
So pleased with the sound as that was a BIG thing for me.

Fit & finish so far looks excellent.
Seats are mega love them.
Again VERY firm in the Merc but these are way more comfy but still supportive.

Lastly ... standard suspension !
I’ve not gone mag ride and the standard suspension is brilliant.
Way more supple than the Merc, soaks up bumps much better but it’s still firm - spot on.
So anybody ordered standard suspension rest assured its great.

more tomorrow guys but it’s a big thumbs up so far.

Ps: the carbon bits, black roof and Matt black alloys look ace. It looks so good from any angle.

chuffed to bits :icon thumright:

View attachment 248092
Congrats on the new motor mate. Not at all jealous. honest:crying:

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, RS03??? and 2 others