RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

together with the Start/Stop save the world we are all gonna die feature!!!!!!

I’ve barely noticed start stop so far… I’m daft I’m not sure if it’s actually turned itself off yet

That may be because it’s been in a sport mode of some description basically at all times since I’ve got it

Reactions: Terminator x and Snake Pliskin
Couple more from just being out and about with it this morning.

Yes it’s filthy already

618817b8632ed2d21bbe4e7b63de8d78.jpg

4287199413144c5180761d55da0d51d7.jpg

4d0156f1c584e72423080d89ecf39f17.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Alexlfc17, Rs31981 and 11 others
Couple more from just being out and about with it this morning.

Yes it’s filthy already

618817b8632ed2d21bbe4e7b63de8d78.jpg

4287199413144c5180761d55da0d51d7.jpg

4d0156f1c584e72423080d89ecf39f17.jpg

looks great mate - Vader on route to Death Star :sunglasses:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Keano04
looks great mate - Vader on route to Death Star :sunglasses:

Cheers dude

Being my first Audi, is it standard that when en route to the Death Star that everyone tailgates you??!

It’s all the damn time….

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Cheers dude

Being my first Audi, is it standard that when en route to the Death Star that everyone tailgates you??!

It’s all the damn time….

It’s because you’re in an RS and everyone expects you to boot it everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
A few more pics but another dull day so no sun. Trying to capture the black roof and a few shots of the carbon trim ....

E1656165 A3F4 4348 B746 310FE5E62378

E11C0E53 CDE0 4053 93D8 A9D8BD65A893

569F39EC C244 416E B85E E73A8849322A

64371627 CE6A 44DC B185 2D4378F3BBBA

B60F977D 82C3 4656 999A 02ED2C2F9BB7

• Love
Reactions: M7, kirkyrs, Alexlfc17 and 19 others
Reactions: Terminator x, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Audi demo.in tango.red
RS3

Reactions: drgav2005, kayemill, Terminator x and 6 others
Silence from them brakes Glenn ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shhh :tearsofjoy:
it’s early days but I’m half expecting it.
Even the Merc had some squeal but not as bad as the Audi.
I’ll let you know how things develop on that front !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
Very nice snake. See you ended up with Bridgestones

Yes Nev but I was hoping for them as the Pirelli’s were a bone on contention for many 8v RS3 owners, most swapping out for Michelin or Goodyear’s. The Bridgestones do get decent reviews but I’ll hold back judgement until they’ve bedded in & I can push them in dry conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
Yes Nev but I was hoping for them as the Pirelli’s were a bone on contention for many 8v RS3 owners, most swapping out for Michelin or Goodyear’s. The Bridgestones do get decent reviews but I’ll hold back judgement until they’ve bedded in & I can push them in dry conditions.

Mine has the Pirelli’s fitted. It’s been cold and wet since collection and they’ve been poor imho.

Must be a rather hard compound as they feel pretty solid and without any heat in them they aren’t very confidence inspiring…

Been drier today and are better. Early days still though.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
A few more pics but another dull day so no sun. Trying to capture the black roof and a few shots of the carbon trim ....

View attachment 248217

View attachment 248218

View attachment 248220

View attachment 248219

View attachment 248222
The black roof does look a little lost with Daytona Grey grey bit like my panoramic roof did on my Sepang S3 but you can't have it all mate Daytona looks so classy l do think and I never thought I'd say this but the 8Y RS3 saloon overall is the best looking RS3 to date externally lol

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Keano04 and 2 others
Mine has the Pirelli’s fitted. It’s been cold and wet since collection and they’ve been poor imho.

Must be a rather hard compound as they feel pretty solid and without any heat in them they aren’t very confidence inspiring…

They should have decent grip in the dry or when warmed up as you note.

Pzeros are as hard as a whores heart when it's cold but in milder wet weather they're great come warmer weather they excel AO1's don't have great wear rate but Pzeros RO1's wear far better

Reactions: pburv, Keano04 and Snake Pliskin
The black roof does look a little lost with Daytona Grey grey bit like my panoramic roof did on my Sepang S3 but you can't have it all mate Daytona looks so classy l do think and I never thought I'd say this but the 8Y RS3 saloon overall is the best looking RS3 to date externally lol

Yeah the black roof isn’t coming out well on photos but it does blend in more with Daytona as you say. I am very pleased with the colour though & can’t wait to see it sparkle in the sun. The saloon has very nice proportions doesn’t it ... you finally got me away from hatches lol ;)

Reactions: M7, pburv, Sandra and 5 others
Yeah the black roof isn’t coming out well on photos but it does blend in more with Daytona as you say. I am very pleased with the colour though & can’t wait to see it sparkle in the sun. The saloon has very nice proportions doesn’t it ... you finally got me away from hatches lol ;)

View attachment 248247
Better late than never mate ...would love to see a Daytona or for that fact any RS3 8Y saloon in the metal

Not only will Daytona pop in the sunlight so will the carbon twill ....addenda enjoy

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

Been drier today and are better. Early days still though
Everyone knocks Pirelli but they were on my first R8 and I swapped them to Michelin PS4, the car lost it's mega front end, it was brutal on the Pirelli as in you could hurt the passengers neck if he/she wasnt forewarned of your intention, not so with the Michelins though, I was never sure I had done the correct swap

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

View attachment 248217

View attachment 248218

View attachment 248220

View attachment 248219

View attachment 248222
Well, I have to say that's a nice bit of kit.:thumbs up:
I'm not a fan of new audi's, their design shapes etc just do nothing for me and the hatch is just not appealing to me whatsoever,but the saloon in this colour is very nice, and coming from me that's a real compliment.
Value for money, well we won't get into that ..lol

Very nice indeedy chap.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, RS03??? and 2 others
Better late than never mate ...would love to see a Daytona or for that fact any RS3 8Y saloon in the metal

Not only will Daytona pop in the sunlight so will the carbon twill ....addenda enjoy

whilst cleaning the car I was able to really appreciate the lines of the car. It is very angular & has many interesting angles on all the panels which should really catch the sunlight. I’m sure you’ll see a saloon soon & your riviera pup will be well worth the wait :icon thumright:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, kayemill and 1 other person
Well, I have to say that's a nice bit of kit.:thumbs up:
I'm not a fan of new audi's, their design shapes etc just do nothing for me and the hatch is just not appealing to me whatsoever,but the saloon in this colour is very nice, and coming from me that's a real compliment.
Value for money, well we won't get into that ..lol

Very nice indeedy chap.

Much appreciated thank you.
I must say, Daytona has exceeded my expectations and the carbon bits add a bit of extra pop.
My first saloon and I keep thinking it looks like a BTCC touring car :)

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, RS03??? and 2 others
  • Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Everyone knocks Pirelli but they were on my first R8 and I swapped them to Michelin PS4, the car lost it's mega front end, it was brutal on the Pirelli as in you could hurt the passengers neck if he/she wasnt forewarned of your intention, not so with the Michelins though, I was never sure I had done the correct swap

I need to check which spec of Pirelli’s is actually fitted as grouping all Pirelli’s together is a bit unfair since there can be significant differences between the different tyre specs they offer.

I’ve got the PS4S on my other set of wheels and they are excellent in both wet and dry and almost any temp too.

They are louder but ride better since they are a tad softer. That difference may be why you experienced a bit of the loss of front end (turn in I presume?) but for me I would take that for the improved ride quality - at the moment the Pirelli’s don’t have a confidence inspiring turn in when cold.

They should stand up well when hotter I am expecting/hoping though.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
I must say, Daytona has exceeded my expectations and the carbon bits add a bit of extra pop.

Know what you mean.

Front arches with the vent is very menacing whilst the side skirts really kick out and seem low…

I’m 200 miles in so far so still getting used to it.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
After seeing your photos it’s made me want to get the carbon parts on my car when it comes :grimacing:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
whilst cleaning the car I was able to really appreciate the lines of the car. It is very angular & has many interesting angles on all the panels which should really catch the sunlight. I’m sure you’ll see a saloon soon & your riviera pup will be well worth the wait :icon thumright:
Totally get that mate. My Cupra has angles and I too see the difference in shades with the paint. Like you have said before, if you keep looking back at it and saying “yeah” then you know it’s the right choice. :rockwoot:
D30357B3 00F5 4D0E 99D7 FA6C26A743F8
The block paving is in fantastic condition and the car doesn't look bad either :laughing:
Beet me to that mate lol. Oh I do like a well managed driveway :icon thumright:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Carbon black saloon
Audi Solihull Birmingham

Attachments

• FFA74619-AEA6-48B8-9324-78C79F63EF15.jpeg
    FFA74619-AEA6-48B8-9324-78C79F63EF15.jpeg
    857.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 99505D42-0146-404E-A095-3E2CF40D7D25.jpeg
    99505D42-0146-404E-A095-3E2CF40D7D25.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 4832C73D-D03B-4815-9477-B9926951887F.jpeg
    4832C73D-D03B-4815-9477-B9926951887F.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 153
  • FE9E9CA0-A543-4564-9B44-82D61310D503.jpeg
    FE9E9CA0-A543-4564-9B44-82D61310D503.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: ZB1, pburv, WilsonRS and 2 others
Totally get that mate. My Cupra has angles and I too see the difference in shades with the paint. Like you have said before, if you keep looking back at it and saying “yeah” then you know it’s the right choice. :rockwoot:
View attachment 248263

Beet me to that mate lol. Oh I do like a well managed driveway :icon thumright:

Yeah the Cupra does have very similar styling in that respect - great looking car mate :icon thumright:
You & @Mr Freeze .. what are you both like, the drive police :busted cop: lol :tearsofjoy:
But yes I like to look after the block paving albeit its a chore when it needs pressure washing & sanding.

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
Yeah the Cupra does have very similar styling in that respect - great looking car mate :icon thumright:
You & @Mr Freeze .. what are you both like, the drive police :busted cop: lol :tearsofjoy:
But yes I like to look after the block paving albeit its a chore when it needs pressure washing & sanding.
Years of being a groundworker and repairing crap jobs got me like this, SWMBO thinks I’m nuts when I randomly comment on a driveway, but when they are nice it’s satisfying. :friends:

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Years of being a groundworker and repairing crap jobs got me like this, SWMBO thinks I’m nuts when I randomly comment on a driveway, but when they are nice it’s satisfying. :friends:
Well that's definitely a compliment I will take with thanks then mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 1 other person

View attachment 248247
Stunning car and block paving Glenn

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 2 others