RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

That’s not too bad. Mine hides nothing!!!

The wheels are immediately filthy….

It’s going to get worse before it gets better but it’s on over 600 miles now so I couldn’t care less as I’m opening it more and more and it’s sounding superb!

Let the wife take the car out today… she loves it so I will need to hide the keys
Wich color you got

@Terminator x
@Rhurs
1F9F5206 940D 4337 BAEE 1BC9DC90F74C

• Love
Reactions: drgav2005, Cheifweasel, billymc92 and 4 others
That’s not too bad. Mine hides nothing!!!

The wheels are immediately filthy….

It’s going to get worse before it gets better but it’s on over 600 miles now so I couldn’t care less as I’m opening it more and more and it’s sounding superb!

Let the wife take the car out today… she loves it so I will need to hide the keys

Too right mate - these cars are meant to be driven aren’t they. I clocked up a few miles yesterday and I’m sure as you say it’s sounding better & louder as the miles go on it.

It’s a perfect car though. Easy day to day & sedate if required. Supremely comfortable but supportive seats. Incredible power when you want it. Motorway muncher & eats up the miles with ease. 70mph on the motorway with cruise on was so effortless. Brilliant car !

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Mike.46 and 1 other person
Too right mate - these cars are meant to be driven aren’t they. I clocked up a few miles yesterday and I’m sure as you say it’s sounding better & louder as the miles go on it.

It’s a perfect car though. Easy day to day & sedate if required. Supremely comfortable but supportive seats. Incredible power when you want it. Motorway muncher & eats up the miles with ease. 70mph on the motorway with cruise on was so effortless. Brilliant car !

Totally agree. The comfort when you want it and the speed when you want that, is just great - best of both worlds.

As I’ve started putting my foot in a bit more I’ve noticed the rear coming into play which is really nice how it pivots and pushes out of corners.

There’s so much flexibility with the various driving modes - is it just me or is rs performance houser than rs individual but with engine noise etc set to dynamic? I don’t quite get it but despite them being set up to be the same, I still find performance is louder….

The seats are indeed superb.

Ride is so comfy but stable and controlled too.

Brakes are strong don’t make a sound and are easily modulated.

Engine sounds great even tootling around but really ups the sound depending on mode, throttle input and revs - haven’t used wot or above 4.5k rpms yet so more to come for me too.

In vader spec mine goes under the radar which is great for me. The exhaust has caught a few people and made them turn and give a thumbs up tho

Reactions: pburv, Jay 1234, Terminator x and 2 others
Totally agree. The comfort when you want it and the speed when you want that, is just great - best of both worlds.

As I’ve started putting my foot in a bit more I’ve noticed the rear coming into play which is really nice how it pivots and pushes out of corners.

There’s so much flexibility with the various driving modes - is it just me or is rs performance houser than rs individual but with engine noise etc set to dynamic? I don’t quite get it but despite them being set up to be the same, I still find performance is louder….

The seats are indeed superb.

Ride is so comfy but stable and controlled too.

Brakes are strong don’t make a sound and are easily modulated.

Engine sounds great even tootling around but really ups the sound depending on mode, throttle input and revs - haven’t used wot or above 4.5k rpms yet so more to come for me too.

In vader spec mine goes under the radar which is great for me. The exhaust has caught a few people and made them turn and give a thumbs up tho

it by houser you mean louder lol then yes I definitely agree ... RS mode opens the valves fully I think so provides the loudest sound of all modes even above individual in dynamic as you say.

Oh ... initially I wasn’t a fan of runway but I have started using it now and quite like it. You can see the Revs restricted on cold start up too and some other cool graphics.

Reactions: Keano04, NevMan and RSt3ve
it by houser you mean louder lol then yes I definitely agree ... RS mode opens the valves fully I think so provides the loudest sound of all modes even above individual in dynamic as you say.

Oh ... initially I wasn’t a fan of runway but I have started using it now and quite like it. You can see the Revs restricted on cold start up too and some other cool graphics.
Cold start in RS performance is ridiculously loud (worth trying though)!! Even in Auto cold start is a little bonkers, not sure what the neighbours will say at 6.30am most mornings next week.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin

Damn predictive text auto changes ***

The restricted revs is shown on the other outputs too - recently noticed that too. I’ve found you only get the 7k redline when the oil temp starts to display at around 50c, with steps up up until that point.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, RSt3ve and Snake Pliskin
Cold start in RS performance is ridiculously loud (worth trying though)!! Even in Auto cold start is a little bonkers, not sure what the neighbours will say at 6.30am most mornings next week.

Agreed - it sounds great!!

Doesn’t last too long and only an issue if you sit there letting it idle - I get off the drive asap to minimise noise for my neighbour

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Agreed - it sounds great!!

Doesn’t last too long and only an issue if you sit there letting it idle - I get off the drive asap to minimise noise for my neighbour

You should have heard the 8v on cold start up .... then you would have been worried about the neighbours :tearsofjoy:
The 8y is loud, but the 8v was ridiculously loud.

Reactions: pburv and Keano04
You should have heard the 8v on cold start up .... then you would have been worried about the neighbours :tearsofjoy:
The 8y is loud, but the 8v was ridiculously loud.

I can imagine!!!

Might play around with the exhaust in time so may become more worried about it in the not too distant future

I can imagine!!!

Might play around with the exhaust in time so may become more worried about it in the not too distant future

I don't mind the slightly more subtle 8y mate.
As fun as the 8v was - it was borderline anti-social on start up.
Not only was it REALLY loud it also blipped the revs a couple of times (bit like an Aston).
Sounded ace, but it was a bit 'look at me' if you were in a car park etc.

Reactions: Keano04
Not only was it REALLY loud it also blipped the revs a couple of times (bit like an Aston).
Think I posted at the time, my neighbour told me it used to make him smile every time he heard it start up!

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, AndyVWR, Jcbmally and 5 others

I had my FK8 Type R basically straight through from the cat back (big mistake), the 8v (which I had after) was like an 8v in comparison, so I used to have no cold start concerns re my neighbours lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours was PCW’d wasn’t it John?
No that was the RS4. The RS3 just had the straight through mid pipes so removed rear cats. All else was standard.

I have a sound clip / vid of it at Rockingham, mental!

TX.

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
D0952DF9 A86E 4FD8 B32D D11B1D7AB462
B7650AEE 5B5A 4858 954F E91F682C0A33

Reactions: drgav2005, Southall87, pburv and 18 others
No that was the RS4. The RS3 just had the straight through mid pipes so removed rear cats. All else was standard.

I have a sound clip / vid of it at Rockingham, mental!

TX.

Ah yes, loved your Nardo RS4

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Ultraviolet
50406E74 C32B 4D66 8E8C FB92DD2D68EF

Reactions: billymc92, ZB1 and Terminator x
Looks amazing !
But the interior is depressing :disappointed:

Reactions: Terminator x and 3vans
Looks amazing !
But the interior is depressing :disappointed:

Colour looks great! When I was choosing the colour there was a Daytona run of the mill a3 in the car park which looked a bit dull and it put me off!

Interesting to see both exhausts with a puff of water vapour from standstill as the 8V was definitely passenger side only when rev'ing when not on the move.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Colour looks great! When I was choosing the colour there was a Daytona run of the mill a3 in the car park which looked a bit dull and it put me off!

Interesting to see both exhausts with a puff of water vapour from standstill as the 8V was definitely passenger side only when rev'ing when not on the move.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

yes mate ... the RS3 certainly shows Daytona at is best with all the extra creases / lines & beefed up ness ;)

Reactions: Terminator x
Blimey, now that is a mean looking mofo
Seeing as it is a European model I wonder I he/she ticked the interior upgrade package too

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk