RS3 8Y Price Increase Dec 21

Ianb

Reaction score
Spoke to my local dealer yesterday and he’s made me aware of a 6% price increase on the RS3 which is due this December.

That’s quite a bit on a Vorsprung model CIRCA £3800!!!

Ive not ordered yet as I was delaying my order to 2022 .

I was going to order via Motor Affinity and take advantage of their £6300 reduction on RRP and a better 4.9% PCP so looks like I’m going to have to get it sorted sooner rather than hold off.

Reactions: Daggerit
Spoke to my local dealer yesterday and he’s made me aware of a 6% price increase on the RS3 which is due this December.

That’s quite a bit on a Vorsprung model CIRCA £3800!!!

Ive not ordered yet as I was delaying my order to 2022 .

I was going to order via Motor Affinity and take advantage of their £6300 reduction on RRP and a better 4.9% PCP so looks like I’m going to have to get it sorted sooner rather than hold off.

I was told this last week as well and was initially thinking it was a bit dubious since they’re already so expensive, but now multiple people have been told the same thing. That makes the Vorsprung an even more ridiculously expensive hatchback…

It’s apparently a larger number of models getting the same increase, with others getting a little less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a HUGE increase !

Glad my price is locked in as an increase if that magnitude would make me re-consider.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Sandra and Daggerit
Just waiting for another broker to get me some figures.

I will hopefully have a good amount of time to sell my current car so that’s not a problem.
Main dealer also said at least 6-10 months on a Vorsprung model such is the uptake on these cars.

That is a HUGE increase !

Glad my price is locked in as an increase if that magnitude would make me re-consider.

Lol what even big bucks Snake….as they call you a pound behind Terminator X aren’t you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
It's across the entire range, not just the RS3. With the exception of the A6 range. But yeah, also glad my price is locked in.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Just waiting for another broker to get me some figures.

I will hopefully have a good amount of time to sell my current car so that’s not a problem.
Main dealer also said at least 6-10 months on a Vorsprung model such is the uptake on these cars.
I think 10 months is realistic I don't know of anyone that has a build date for a Vorsprung!

Well I’ve crunched some numbers and they look better than I thought.
I’ve sent an enquiry into the broker to see what price I get for standard car, Daytona grey, sports exhaust and adaptive suspension. So awaiting to see if its a deal I can’t refuse (…..or I can)
The threat of price rise certainly made me jump into action.

Reactions: johnmv55, Mr Freeze, 3vans and 2 others
I think 10 months is realistic I don't know of anyone that has a build date for a Vorsprung!
A fe of us have already, mine build week 20. But also just secure a lunch edition last week that I’ll collect next week.

so I’ve got a LE and a vorsprung locked in and deposit paid before the increase. Now which one to sell….

A fe of us have already, mine build week 20. But also just secure a lunch edition last week that I’ll collect next week.

so I’ve got a LE and a vorsprung locked in and deposit paid before the increase. Now which one to sell….
When did you order?I still don't have a build week on my Vorsprung three month after ordering!

When did you order?I still don't have a build week on my Vorsprung three month after ordering!
I ordered the day Order books opened and told I was on one of the first UK batches. So when some spec started to be dropped and also heard a couple people who ordered after me and then still got earlier build weeks such as week 16, I went out and sourced a LE. Was gonna cancel the vorsprung but when I heard about the price increase it makes sense to maybe keep it going but not sure yet.

I ordered my Vorsprung in August I think the third day the order books were open, still no build date and I think my dealer and Audi UK are giving me the run around!

I ordered my Vorsprung in August I think the third day the order books were open, still no build date and I think my dealer and Audi UK are giving me the run around!
Me neither
I ordered 11th august - day before consumer configurator when live. But mine is through MSE/Lincoln Audi. Awaiting on a call back.

Reactions: Patrickv
Me neither
I ordered 11th august - day before consumer configurator when live. But mine is through MSE/Lincoln Audi. Awaiting on a call back.
Do you mean motor source group?

If so the dealer will only talk to them and not you about your order

Unless MSE is something different?

Do you mean motor source group?

If so the dealer will only talk to them and not you about your order

Unless MSE is something different?
Yes misspelt MSG :wink new:
Samantha out of office last week

Reactions: Add_Profile
I ordered a vorsprung on the second day the order books opened and I've got a build week of week 15 at the moment

Reactions: 3vans and billymc92
Well I’ve crunched some numbers and they look better than I thought.
I’ve sent an enquiry into the broker to see what price I get for standard car, Daytona grey, sports exhaust and adaptive suspension. So awaiting to see if its a deal I can’t refuse (…..or I can)
The threat of price rise certainly made me jump into action.
Same here mate I've been laid back thinking there is no rush but with the increases coming its time to make a move i'v been interested in the Rs3 and 8R so got a test drive in an 8R earlier today and it wasn't for me at all so that as left me with the Rs3 .
Sent my spec over earlier today and waiting on the numbers tomorrow and a decent discount with the **** I've had with Audi of late .
What broker are you using ?

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Same here mate I've been laid back thinking there is no rush but with the increases coming its time to make a move i'v been interested in the Rs3 and 8R so got a test drive in an 8R earlier today and it wasn't for me at all so that as left me with the Rs3 .
Sent my spec over earlier today and waiting on the numbers tomorrow and a decent discount with the **** I've had with Audi of late .

good luck mate ... you won’t regret going RS3 over the R :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and Mr Freeze

Yep, hope they do do a decent deal mate, with all the **** as you put it with your seat

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
I should probably have had a test drive in a G8R but the interior tends to be where you spent a lot of the time and the RS3 just appeals to me more. I know its about the driving, but the reviews either from motoring press or from guys on here all seem to be positive.
It's through Boundless and the Griffin connection, so I'm hoping for 8%. It just seemed stupid not to get a price when there was a big increase due. So I'll let you know what I get back.
Yes, I think you are definitely due something (a decent discount) after your trouble with S3. Hope you get something good back.

Reactions: johnmv55, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
I should probably have had a test drive in a G8R but the interior tends to be where you spent a lot of the time and the RS3 just appeals to me more. I know its about the driving, but the reviews either from motoring press or from guys on here all seem to be positive.
It's through Boundless and the Griffin connection, so I'm hoping for 8%. It just seemed stupid not to get a price when there was a big increase due. So I'll let you know what I get back.
Yes, I think you are definitely due something (a decent discount) after your trouble with S3. Hope you get something good back.
The 8R drove well and sounded decent but the interior materials wasn't the best and the infotainment system was a massive faff also .
Good luck hope you get a good deal :icon thumright:

Reactions: johnmv55, NevMan and AndyVWR

My Vorsprung was week 16 and moved to week 8 last week

The 8R drove well and sounded decent but the interior materials wasn't the best and the infotainment system was a massive faff also .
Good luck hope you get a good deal :icon thumright:
Yes I agree, but to be honest it's only that last 15%? of the performance that is better than a 7.5R (my current car) and even when pushing the 8R at say 75/80% I still had to activate ESC Sport, something I dont have to do with my 7.5R, then add all the Gremlins in that are frequently talked about on VWROC forum and i'm sure it would pi** me off after a week or so

The ESC sport even when set as a shorcut is still swipe down, select, and confirm, add to that the fact that whatever mode you are in defaults to 'Sport' mode at every ignition on and the process after every start up of selecting 'probably' Individual or Special (if fitted with PP) and turning auto stop/start off would get tiresome

Regarding the price increase ...

Was speaking and told that the orders currently placed are not affected, but should you on Dec 2nd, be able to, and choose to amend your spec, your whole order is affected by the increase even if originally ordered before the cut off

Was speaking and told that the orders currently placed are not affected, but should you on Dec 2nd, be able to, and choose to amend your spec, your whole order is affected by the increase even if originally ordered before the cut off
That would be naughty !

Me neither
I ordered 11th august - day before consumer configurator when live. But mine is through MSG/Lincoln Audi. Awaiting on a call back.
Had email this morning, mine still at Status 0
:sign unfair:

WOW, Thanks for that, I was thinking of changing seat material, better do it sooner rather than latter :)

Reactions: 8YARWY and Gazjs
I wonder if they proposed the price rise to put a few people off buying so they could get caught up?

Irony of that is they’ve probably resulted in a load more orders to get in before the rise… bringing forward orders from some who were on the fence… or maybe that was the plan…?

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I wonder if they proposed the price rise to put a few people off buying so they could get caught up?

Irony of that is they’ve probably resulted in a load more orders to get in before the rise… bringing forward orders from some who were on the fence… or maybe that was the plan…?

Probably the latter

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Yes I agree, but to be honest it's only that last 15%? of the performance that is better than a 7.5R (my current car) and even when pushing the 8R at say 75/80% I still had to activate ESC Sport, something I dont have to do with my 7.5R, then add all the Gremlins in that are frequently talked about on VWROC forum and i'm sure it would pi** me off after a week or so

The ESC sport even when set as a shorcut is still swipe down, select, and confirm, add to that the fact that whatever mode you are in defaults to 'Sport' mode at every ignition on and the process after every start up of selecting 'probably' Individual or Special (if fitted with PP) and turning auto stop/start off would get tiresome
Totally agree i'am glad I tested one tho so I could judge it for myself .

Reactions: johnmv55 and 8YARWY
Well, it took me all week to decide, I went through all the pros and cons and why I shouldn't spend the money, but in the end I decided I could end up in a year or two buying an A3 anyway and then I might only be able to manage S3or less (oh dear that would never do. So I have put my money where my mouth is and order has been confirmed.

I went with Standard car, RS Sports Exhaust, Adaptive Suspension...I had initially gone Daytona, but I couldn't face it with dark interior, no red stiching, no red brake calipers.......so I changed...You know when you've been Tango'd.

The deal was pretty good through broker, sorry I am one of the annoying people that could get a discount through Boundless (Griffin). So I am price protected and the wait can commence. He said about May/June 2022, but I am not actually bothered, happy to wait it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, kayemill and 7 others
Well, it took me all week to decide, I went through all the pros and cons and why I shouldn't spend the money, but in the end I decided I could end up in a year or two buying an A3 anyway and then I might only be able to manage S3or less (oh dear that would never do. So I have put my money where my mouth is and order has been confirmed.

I went with Standard car, RS Sports Exhaust, Adaptive Suspension...I had initially gone Daytona, but I couldn't face it with dark interior, no red stiching, no red brake calipers.......so I changed...You know when you've been Tango'd.

The deal was pretty good through broker, sorry I am one of the annoying people that could get a discount through Boundless (Griffin). So I am price protected and the wait can commence. He said about May/June 2022, but I am not actually bothered, happy to wait it out.
Well done @"AndyVWR,

Reactions: Mr Freeze and AndyVWR
Thanks. Planning on 2022 being a good year.
hope you get the exclusive colour sorted out on your order

Reactions: Jassyo06