RS3 8Y Price Increase Dec 21

Thanks. Planning on 2022 being a good year.
hope you get the exclusive colour sorted out on your order
Salesman has changed the colour no issues but l do have an issue with as l don't think he's deducted the cost of the 360 camera and wireless charging being deleted because the price of the car plus the cost of the paint is exactly what it says on the website minus the 2% discount balance being £60,360

Salesman has changed the colour no issues but l do have an issue with as l don't think he's deducted the cost of the 360 camera and wireless charging being deleted because the price of the car plus the cost of the paint is exactly what it says on the website minus the 2% discount balance being £60,360
The websites already had spec & price lowered

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 you can get on to Salexman now to get your revised deal now.
sales people should really be on top of that and be telling you about revisions esp. on price.

@jassyo06 you can get on to Salexman now to get your revised deal now.
sales people should really be on top of that and be telling you about revisions esp. on price.
I'll need to anywa mate as I aint putting the paint on finance I'll just pay for it myself upfront

I'll need to anywa mate as I aint putting the paint on finance I'll just pay for it myself upfront

Lol another that’s peed off with no interior design pack

But then again it’s not a Clubsport anyway.
9b6a9a807c73f970eae682b602020239.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze

Totally agree with him about the design pack it is a much needed option imo .

Have you made a decision yet @T-1000 on ordering one .

Reactions: 8YARWY and Jassyo06

But all them youtubers on the Austrian UK launch won't have a bad word to say about the interior also this embargo...what a pile of $Hite that is....as there is nothing left to know or say about the car......

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, AndyVWR and 8YARWY

Yeah the interior pack is why he’s not getting it.

That he has said he couldnt afford one… we will just gloss over that… I honestly think he would say his CS is better than a 981 gt4

giphy.gif

Reactions: johnmv55, Snake Pliskin, Ianb and 2 others
Not yet.

£2500 deposit or look at something else.

2 n half large ones ? Thought you only required a bag a sand for a deposit unless yer going for silly colour

2 n half large ones ? Thought you only required a bag a sand for a deposit unless yer going for silly colour

Exclusive is 2.5K I’ve been told.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daggerit
Not yet.

£2500 deposit or look at something else.

£2500 deposit ? do you mean discount ?

I'am still unsure about ordering myself especially after the call I got off Audi oldham saying
the parts that are on order for my seat could take another 3 weeks taking the car being at the dealership
to 2 months :rage:

I was told I will be getting compensation for the issues I've had so I asked the question can they add it to the
£1650 they have offered me off a new car order ? there reply was no I can't be compensated until the matter is finalised
what a joke .

And then to add insult to injury they asked if i'am interested in selling my car to them :wtf: told the head of business
If the offer doesn't start with a 3 don't bother contacting me :laughing:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
£2500 deposit ? do you mean discount ?

I'am still unsure about ordering myself especially after the call I got off Audi oldham saying
the parts that are on order for my seat could take another 3 weeks taking the car being at the dealership
to 2 months :rage:

I was told I will be getting compensation for the issues I've had so I asked the question can they add it to the
£1650 they have offered me off a new car order ? there reply was no I can't be compensated until the matter is finalised
what a joke .

And then to add insult to injury they asked if i'am interested in selling my car to them :wtf: told the head of business
If the offer doesn't start with a 3 don't bother contacting me :laughing:

Lol you gotta be joking. No discounts on it I’ve been told.
One dealer (the Volkswizard one) told me on the phone the price rise in December is to slow orders down

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyVWR
One dealer (the Volkswizard one) told me on the phone the price rise in December is to slow orders down

I misread what you said :laughing:

I'd imagine the one Volkswizard drove as had a lot of interest from his post yesterday .

Reactions: 8YARWY
I misread what you said :laughing:

I'd imagine the one Volkswizard drove as had a lot of interest from his post yesterday .
That RS3 sportback on volkswizards review l wouldn't give it 2nd glance felt sorry for the colour/spec defo not a lover of the sportback design in that colour neighbors got a Mazda 3 in a similar colour

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
That RS3 sportback on volkswizards review l wouldn't give it 2nd glance felt sorry for the colour/spec defo not a lover of the sportback design in that colour neighbors got a Mazda 3 in a similar colour
I think you need the black pack with kemora grey as the Alu pack doesn't do anything for it .
Sportback it the better of the two imo but they both look good .

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Add_Profile and 8YARWY

Interesting they said that was the reason. I know there is probably some huge complex calculations on model range and numbers....but if everyone is mad for your top of range and most expensive model, wouldn't you get on and build more and just slow down the slow selling models.
Of course maybe with all these EU emissions fines that was the reason Audi uk were predicting 1% of 2022 cars they sold would be RS3, possibly to control level (or maybe just didn’t anticipate every one loving it this time around).
If the interior pack does appear next year, that will be good and I’ll maybe be a little sad for Audi uk being useless with Launch, but I’ll honestly be fine with it and of course no need to worry about changing order as defo want to keep under pre Dec price increase.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Are we sure this is correct? 6%? That’s mental

I mean it’s good for anyone with an order in as you’re instantly increasing the equity, and also likely to see more early flipping of some cars. But that numbers seems excessive, most car makers increase prices by 1-2% per year

I was checking my invoice the other day and spent an hour or so trying to find out where it was wrong? eventually I found they have ordered me a Vorsprung SB and invoiced me for a Saloon! it was a little hard to see as everything inc my discount is minus VAT and take into account that the basic price is £500 less as well.
At first they said it was correct and then phoned me back an hour or so later telling me it was £1500 too high and issued another invoice :)

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
I was checking my invoice the other day and spent an hour or so trying to find out where it was wrong? eventually I found they have ordered me a Vorsprung SB and invoiced me for a Saloon! it was a little hard to see as everything inc my discount is minus VAT and take into account that the basic price is £500 less as well.
At first they said it was correct and then phoned me back an hour or so later telling me it was £1500 too high and issued another invoice :)
That’s terrible especially as I seem to recall the salon wasn’t an option for you due to 4 legged friend. So won’t have been a big discussion about choosing one over the other.

Glad you have got it sorted and good to have a lowered priced invoice in the end.

Are we sure this is correct? 6%? That’s mental

I mean it’s good for anyone with an order in as you’re instantly increasing the equity, and also likely to see more early flipping of some cars. But that numbers seems excessive, most car makers increase prices by 1-2% per year

It does seem like quite a hike but others have had that figure mentioned at dealers. I saw over on VWROC someone posted something they got from DTD, a table of average price increase (in £) for each model range and underneath RS it just said “substantially more than above”

I was also told discounts were going to be substantially revised as well.

I think you need the black pack with kemora grey as the Alu pack doesn't do anything for it .
Sportback it the better of the two imo but they both look good .
Not going into the sportback v Saloon looks debate again but kemora grey doesn’t do it for me personally cheapens the look but that's just my opinion...they're always the small group of Nardo lover's who'll go for it Basically the 8Y needs all the help it can get as the exterior design ain't one of Audi's better efforts

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
It does seem like quite a hike but others have had that figure mentioned at dealers. I saw over on VWROC someone posted something they got from DTD, a table of average price increase (in £) for each model range and underneath RS it just said “substantially more than above”

I was also told discounts were going to be substantially revised as well.
Revised or removed The RS3 doesn't get discounted much at all if any in its first 12 months,inflation being the highest its been for a decade the cost of fuel and the large price increase of the RS3 plus delivery times will make some potential buyers think twice about getting one it certainly would have put me off getting one £63k for a Vorsprung its not worth it

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Ianb
Revised or removed The RS3 doesn't get discounted much at all if any in its first 12 months,inflation being the highest its been for a decade the cost of fuel and the large price increase of the RS3 plus delivery times will make some potential buyers think twice about getting one it certainly would have put me off getting one £63k for a Vorsprung its not worth it
I agree £63k for the Vorsprung edition will put it up against some serious used more exotic Sunday drivers toys.
I want a retirement toy /Sunday driver/ occasional trip and an odd trackday toy hence the RS3 is a nice easy to live with option.

Wonder if the 8V’s will keep holding £40k ++ next year?

Im struggling to push the button as my current stage 2 R I’ve owned from new the car and substantial modifications paid for, near identical performance but minus the glorious 5 pot but it means going onto monthlies and a big balloon at the end just to have the “hatch of the moment”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Interesting they said that was the reason. I know there is probably some huge complex calculations on model range and numbers....but if everyone is mad for your top of range and most expensive model, wouldn't you get on and build more and just slow down the slow selling models.
I guess the caculations suggest that a 6% price rise will reduce the numbers of cars they need to build but the profit/income from the RS3 will stay similar, just business sense :)

Reactions: AndyVWR
I must have hit the sweet spot with my dealer, I did a coast 2 coast quote, printed it out and asked them to beat it which they did, that coupled with the 6% price increase gives me a slighty warm feeling :)

Reactions: AndyVWR, 3vans, Mr Freeze and 2 others
I got a substantial discount via Motor Affinity with a 4.9% PCP deal. If I order next week they will secure the price before the increase in December.
Still trying to convince the Mrs’s about buying an expensive toy …”again”

Deposit for an exclusive order. Am fully aware how much it costs

Will that put a much bigger wait time on the car? That what Audi told me last week.

It's £2400
I don’t quite know why but I seem to dismiss cars with ‘exclusive’ colours when I’m looking secondhand?

I looked at an RS3 in a nice dark purple shade a while back and it was the exclusive bit that made me stand back, shame as it was pretty loaded as well.

I’m not having a ‘pop’ here, it’s just my take on it, maybe I think it might be harder to match in the event of a repair being needed?

I got a substantial discount via Motor Affinity with a 4.9% PCP deal. If I order next week they will secure the price before the increase in December.
Still trying to convince the Mrs’s about buying an expensive toy …”again”
Just show her the prices being asked on Autotrader :)

I don’t quite know why but I seem to dismiss cars with ‘exclusive’ colours when I’m looking secondhand?

I looked at an RS3 in a nice dark purple shade a while back and it was the exclusive bit that made me stand back, shame as it was pretty loaded as well.

I’m not having a ‘pop’ here, it’s just my take on it, maybe I think it might be harder to match in the event of a repair being needed?

Wrong.

A well respected body repair place I use warned me about Daytona Grey, very hard colour to blend because of the 8 different shades used over the years, he actually took me into the mixing area, brought up the codes on the live system for the whole of the uk, sooo many variations and a very difficult colour to get a match to existing.

He was the one who told me not to be wary of an exclusive colour.

Wrong.

A well respected body repair place I use warned me about Daytona Grey, very hard colour to blend because of the 8 different shades used over the years, he actually took me into the mixing area, brought up the codes on the live system for the whole of the uk, sooo many variations and a very difficult colour to get a match to existing.

He was the one who told me not to be wary of an exclusive colour.

I would have thought that an Audi/VW repair centre would maybe have more experience with common colours and the tricks to get them correct rather than exclusive colours.................just my thoughts

Any decent body shop will tell you a match from door to wing is nigh on impossible with any colour except maybe straight black and the car would need the whole side painting or blending out into adjacent panels, any metallic or pearlescent paint is also affected by lots of things like angle of spray etc

I don’t really like any repairs, a paint mixing scheme is only as good as the body shop and technician that uses it and they have too many inherent flaws from being impatient and starting the weighing process before the base paints are fully stirred to just putting that extra couple of grams in by error.

Once a base colour hasn’t been stirred for long enough it affects every colour that is prepared after that and they’re hardly going to chuck it away and start again when base is around £50 litre

Last edited:
I don’t really like any repairs, a paint mixing scheme is only as good as the body shop and technician that uses it and they have too many inherent flaws from being impatient and starting the weighing process before the base paints are fully stirred to just putting that extra couple of grams in by error.

Once a base colour hasn’t been stirred for long enough it affects every colour that is prepared after that and they’re hardly going to chuck it away and start again when base is around £50 litre

Depends on the bodyshop really.

This guy I used is very meticulous, but as even he explained, he’s up against a factory robot applied finish where the margins are finer.
He repaired my recently departed 8V after some ‘spots’ appeared on the rear Qtr panel, contaminate in the base coat from factory, never seen anything like it before he said, especially something taking 3 years to come through the colour layer.

I agree repairs aren’t something I like either, but things happen and there’s no other Avenue but to have a paint job.

Reactions: NevMan, johnmv55 and Jassyo06