RS3 8Y Price Increase Dec 21

Over the past week I did wonder if I’d done the right thing selling mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natural reaction mate ... to such a cracking car.

I sometimes think the same about mine.

But I’m really confident that our new versions won’t disappoint :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan, Terminator x, Waq1 and 1 other person
natural reaction mate ... to such a cracking car.

I sometimes think the same about mine.

But I’m really confident that our new versions won’t disappoint :icon thumright:

Yeah but you still have yours

GTD doesn’t fill the void for me

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x and Snake Pliskin

pmsl - the floret pup, not the Dyson :tearsofjoy:

lol @ gtd though ;)

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY

saying that ... I did give it some beans tonight and really does have some poke. It does make a decent sound too over 3,500rpm and the 8 speed box hammers through the gears ... but the RS3 sounded ace from the minute you started it up - you have to Caine the 45 to get the excitement, but it does come alive then to be fair.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and 8YARWY
Just had confirmation of my order.

Audi are honouring the £500 in my favour difference so in total £700 off, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Nice one Sean, and as you say better than an eye injury

Reactions: 8YARWY
Nice one Sean, and as you say better than an eye injury

what was the reduction for mate ?

No 360 cam and and no wireless charging - if so was the wireless charging element £200 ?

what was the reduction for mate ?

No 360 cam and and no wireless charging - if so was the wireless charging element £200 ?

Error between the order and the configuration with Audi but in my favour

Plus £200 on top

Error between the order and the configuration with Audi but in my favour

Plus £200 on top

Ah right - I'm sure some people were saying that no wireless charging was generating a reduction of £200 and no 360 cam @ £500

Ah right - I'm sure some people were saying that no wireless charging was generating a reduction of £200 and no 360 cam @ £500
I don’t think we ever got wireless charging on configurator only on LE as lite version

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

No idea mate, I know the price had been reduced on the configurator a few weeks ago.

Ah right - I won't go asking for £200 notes off then ;)

If you ordered a Vorsprung right as the books opened then the phone box would’ve been included at a cost of £150 (if I remember correctly). It depends if you got your order in before they were dropped or not though I’d imagine.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
If you ordered a Vorsprung right as the books opened then the phone box would’ve been included at a cost of £150 (if I remember correctly). It depends if you got your order in before they were dropped or not though I’d imagine.

We were supposed to get stainless foot rest though :wink new:

Attachments

• RS_3_Saloon-AEYTXDKC.pdf
    593.2 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Daggerit and Snake Pliskin
Ah right - I won't go asking for £200 notes off then ;)

1307d964e2448945c21d64188160d76f.png

91b82c6bd27222362a7160cc07d3f571.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Waq1, Mike.46, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
The £500 could be the reduced configurator price when they dropped the 360 camera if your on Vorsprung? The dealer probably didn’t realise?

The configurator had been updated.

Remember there’s been a reduction of the base price of this car that was showing on both configurators when I used them.

Reactions: 3vans
The configurator had been updated.

Remember there’s been a reduction of the base price of this car that was showing on both configurators when I used them.

Decrease and then an increase… really not cool.

Yes I agree, but to be honest it's only that last 15%? of the performance that is better than a 7.5R (my current car) and even when pushing the 8R at say 75/80% I still had to activate ESC Sport, something I dont have to do with my 7.5R, then add all the Gremlins in that are frequently talked about on VWROC forum and i'm sure it would pi** me off after a week or so

The ESC sport even when set as a shorcut is still swipe down, select, and confirm, add to that the fact that whatever mode you are in defaults to 'Sport' mode at every ignition on and the process after every start up of selecting 'probably' Individual or Special (if fitted with PP) and turning auto stop/start off would get tiresome
That sounds ridiculous. Sometimes car manufacturer move one step forward with tech but with 2 or 3 steps back on usability.

When i got my (now my wifes) s3 in 2014, it has stop start on as default, which means you have to deselect it every journey - just one button press but its annoying.

This is made even worse as the car has an eco drive setting which means every time you cycle the drive settings you have to deselect start stop again!

So glad i dont have this rubbish on the rs3

The yaris gr has similar stupidity in that the lane assist is on by default which you can manually deselect, but forgets once you have switched off the ignition. So you have to deselect it again every journey again

What is wrong with these car manufacturers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds ridiculous. Sometimes car manufacturer move one step forward with tech but with 2 or 3 steps back on usability.

When i got my (now my wifes) s3 in 2014, it has stop start on as default, which means you have to deselect it every journey - just one button press but its annoying.

This is made even worse as the car has an eco drive setting which means every time you cycle the drive settings you have to deselect start stop again!

So glad i dont have this rubbish on the rs3

The yaris gr has similar stupidity in that the lane assist is on by default which you can manually deselect, but forgets once you have switched off the ignition. So you have to deselect it again every journey again

What is wrong with these car manufacturers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine a lot of it is down to legislation to be honest.

The VW ID.4 and Skoda Enyaq I tested a few weeks back both had the lane assist reactivate each time the car was turned off and back on again too. I don’t know but it’s possible the RS3 might be the same.

If there was a positive, it would be that it’s extremely quick and easy to turn it off with the button on the indicator stalk.

I imagine a lot of it is down to legislation to be honest.

The VW ID.4 and Skoda Enyaq I tested a few weeks back both had the lane assist reactivate each time the car was turned off and back on again too. I don’t know but it’s possible the RS3 might be the same.

If there was a positive, it would be that it’s extremely quick and easy to turn it off with the button on the indicator stalk.

Maybe these regulator bellends should live in the real world. Probably all ex government vegan cyclist plebs. The sort that look like they haven't washed for a year.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Maybe these regulator bellends should live in the real world. Probably all ex government vegan cyclist plebs. The sort that look like they haven't washed for a year.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I think its a case of when it all goes pear shaped and you end up through a hedge and trying to blame it on VW (in this modern day type culture) VW can say yes, but to end up in that hedge he managed to find and turn off X Y and Z.
If I turn ESC completly off in my Golf R the dash lights up like a Xmas tree warning me ESC is Off, Stability is not available, Front assist is not available etc, and the merest touch of the adaptive cruise and its all back on.

I'm afraid in this modern day culture we are getting close to someone taking a county coucil to Court (and probably winning) because the Speed limit was 60mph and they didnt get around a bend on that road at 60 mph so its the councils fault

Reactions: Waq1
Use are correct, it’s on after every restart of the car, need to hold the bottom on the stalk for 5 seconds to turn off

I’ve ditched spending £60k on the RS3. Wife has other plans…..a holiday bolt hole.

So to make up for “my” loss Ive gone and ordered a set of Ohlins for my R and in negotiations to move on from APR Stage 2 to a TTV4 upgrade which will keep me happy on my track excursions. A key reason was the restrictions not being able to proper”fiddle” with the RS3 on a PCP.

Reactions: Waq1