Rs3 8Y wheel details?

Keano04

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the new oem wheels?

Any idea of offset?

I was considering wheel options whilst I wait for my car and the oem wheels look very similar to BBS SR… albeit in all black

2568c9d8536029aeed3d89f7cb3bcf4b.jpg

My car is going to be black on black so may look to get the oem wheels powder coated depending on how well my BBS CH-R fit.

Anyone else considering wheel options?

Reactions: Patrickv
I’ve been told that the fronts are et25 and rears are et46.

Not sure if that’s correct but a chap has told me that’s what he understands they are…

I can see the rears being ET46 as the rear set up looks similar to 8V.

ET 26 for the fronts seems a big difference, but…… the fronts are now a full inch wider and the RS3 has those much wider wings so it’s feasible they pushed the fronts out more.

Hence the wider track / wider tyres.

You can see it in the caliper to spoke distance now on the new model, the clearance is a lot more than the 8V.
8dc8ecf0ed30c117d1e5d638bdc27ea9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, Keano04 and 1 other person
Yeah I don’t know if that’s confirmed, just what someone offered…

Would be good to confirm it if possible but not sure I will be able to until my car arrives and I jack it up to take a look for myself.

Et26 does seem pretty aggressive for oem so I was a bit surprised by that, if it’s correct of course.

Yeah I don’t know if that’s confirmed, just what someone offered…

Would be good to confirm it if possible but not sure I will be able to until my car arrives and I jack it up to take a look for myself.

Et26 does seem pretty aggressive for oem so I was a bit surprised by that, if it’s correct of course.
How can you tell? Is it stamped on the wheel?

It’s looking more likely my bbs will be no good for the rs3 so I will likely need to sell them and buy a staggered set

Reactions: Ianb and johnmv55
It’s looking more likely my bbs will be no good for the rs3 so I will likely need to sell them and buy a staggered set
Have you gone for the Dynamic Pack?
I know the discs and callipers are a different size not sure on calliper size / clearance??
Been considering those brakes but not sure how long typically discs and pads last and cost of replacement for both disc and pads? If going on Track wondering what the longevity of the ceramics are??

I know my Tarox rotors on my BBK Re not cheap but their pads are quite reasonably priced.

I know the discs and callipers are a different size not sure on calliper size / clearance??
Been considering those brakes but not sure how long typically discs and pads last and cost of replacement for both disc and pads? If going on Track wondering what the longevity of the ceramics are??

I know my Tarox rotors on my BBK Re not cheap but their pads are quite reasonably priced.
I used to do a lot of work on Porsches, most/some of the GT3 owners would take the Ceramics off and replace with steel discs to do track days as a trip through a gravel trap 'could' pick a stone up between caliper and disc and destroy the ceramic disc, I think they were £7.5k per corner at the time.

Some also say Ceramics do not have the 'feel' of a steel disc for day to day stuff

Reactions: Ianb

You’d get of new Discs for around 3-3.5K
Pads around £600
d110e4e5e955f8be911aaa0bbdb90447.png

No I’ve got a LE so couldn’t add anything.

Did fancy them but purely due to reduced brake dust on wheels but also to chose a calliper colour - I’ve got red callipers anyhow so that’ll do and will be cheaper to replace than ceramics.

Reactions: Ianb
So now specs are known it’s time to start looking into wheel options…

Fancy something nice and lightweight and will be selling my bbs given they won’t fit properly so that’ll help with much of the cost.

Revo wheels we’re pretty lightweight but not the right size for the rs3 so any thoughts on options?

So now specs are known it’s time to start looking into wheel options…

Fancy something nice and lightweight and will be selling my bbs given they won’t fit properly so that’ll help with much of the cost.

Revo wheels we’re pretty lightweight but not the right size for the rs3 so any thoughts on options?

Ispiri Wheels are pretty light. I know @billymc92 had a set on his 8V RS3

Reactions: Keano04 and billymc92
I actually really like the OEM Matt black wheels on the carbon edition. Very easy to clean, and suit the car well. Just needs spacers and wheels ceramic coated

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
I actually really like the OEM Matt black wheels on the carbon edition. Very easy to clean, and suit the car well. Just needs spacers and wheels ceramic coated

agreed they look terrific - mean, modern & aggressive.

Reactions: NevMan and Detail Devil

Agreed. I’ve got black on black which I am not a fan of though so although not the end of the world, I would like a second set of wheels.

May end up refinishing the oem wheels instead but a nice set of lightweight rims would be good for either winter duties or “fancy summer” wheels.

I have specified the Dynamic Pack on my CE SB. CCB's will stand the life of the car. Reason I specified them is that I use a hand adapted brake/Accelerator so the initial bite of Carbon is better as I cannot employ the psi level through my hand as I could through my foot. Bit ANNOYED though to find it's only the fronts that are CC.

Currently considering a set of either bbs chr or team dynamics 1.3 to keep me going (winter set) whilst I get my oem wheels refinished.

Offsets aren’t quite oem fitment so I’m waiting for my car to arrive before having a look at how far I can stray from oem fitment but they still fit under the arches without scrubbing and don’t foul on the brakes!!

Will be interested to see how things compare with a good setup for the 8v…