RS3 Air Filter

I too want to invest in the 034 as it sounds and looks fantastic, but due to cost I am yet to invest.

I also looked at the ramair one having fitted one to my brothers TT. One thing id say is they are fairly well built for the price but the one for our RS requires the inlet pipe to be cut... meaning no returning to OEM and for me that was a big no no. Check out the Revo one though as that doesn't require cutting and is in the mid price range

I too want to invest in the 034 as it sounds and looks fantastic, but due to cost I am yet to invest.

I also looked at the ramair one having fitted one to my brothers TT. One thing id say is they are fairly well built for the price but the one for our RS requires the inlet pipe to be cut... meaning no returning to OEM and for me that was a big no no. Check out the Revo one though as that doesn't require cutting and is in the mid price range

What do you mean the Inlet pipe needs to be cut?

4ABFF826 5C06 47D7 B322 27C5146BBF8F

The pipe to the left of the yellow circle is the OEM inlet pipe. The silicone pipe from the yellow circle to the right is what’s included in the kit.

I believe the kit requires the flexible part of the pipe to be cut as the original pipe looks like this;

5ECBEB9B F492 4CED 8576 FAEE13CB7FE7

Unless the flexible pipe is able to be be removed?

View attachment 137465

The pipe to the left of the yellow circle is the OEM inlet pipe. The silicone pipe from the yellow circle to the right is what’s included in the kit.

I believe the kit requires the flexible part of the pipe to be cut as the original pipe looks like this;

View attachment 137466

Unless the flexible pipe is able to be be removed?

The flexible pipe is removable. It sits with clamps in either end :)
So no cutting is needed.

Reactions: Arkious and bobby_s3
The flexible pipe is removable. It sits with clamps in either end :)
So no cutting is needed.
Great. I have ordered this, should be here Monday. I'll let you know how I get on with it next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arkious
That’s good to know! But now you have tempted me

Bobby will you post some photos/videos when you get it installed mate?

Reactions: bobby_s3
That’s good to know! But now you have tempted me

Bobby will you post some photos/videos when you get it installed mate?

It came yesterday :).

Looks pretty durable.

I am hoping to install it this week, ill try do a whole before and after :)

Reactions: Arkious
gun it in sport and record the sounds before and after too :-D

This is the air filter fitted, but had a few issues.

Firstly had the wrong kit sent to me but RAMAIR was very helpful and sent me the correct one out next day delivery.

But the second one I had issues getting the air filter onto the silicone coupler that connects to the MAF sensor. Again after speaking to them they sent me out a large silicone pipe at no extra cost and this did the trick.

I had an issue of connecting the silicone pipe from the larger plastic pipe at the back to the MAF sensor, but with a bit of stretching it went out. I personally think they have designed this for the TTRS and the heat shield isn’t quite correct for the RS3.

I have given my feedback to Ramair,so ill see what they say.

d91411f1f4576c2c35c0521177d04655.jpg

Once on it sounds beautiful but the cone touches the fuse box slightly. The heat shield needs slightly adjusting

b7233a58e493cafc07e472260676897a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc and Arkious
I fitted similar (a TT kit) to a white 52 plate Rs3 back in 2013 and to be fair he didn't keep it long, not sure what the issue was, but he didn't keep it long and went back to the original system. We both loved the noise, but he didn't keep it long. You can see the car on the Ruthin Video but unfortunately the sound is now muted.

I fitted similar (a TT kit) to a white 52 plate Rs3 back in 2013 and to be fair he didn't keep it long, not sure what the issue was, but he didn't keep it long and went back to the original system. We both loved the noise, but he didn't keep it long. You can see the car on the Ruthin Video but unfortunately the sound is now muted.

Only issue i see so far is to do with the heat shield but im still waiting for a reply back from RamAir!

I have driven it this weekend and ive fallen in love with the noise.

Ill try post some videos soon.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I have a revo intake. It has the same noise. Sounds like Darth Wader breathing.:puke:

fits peferct, but the heat shield is moving, if you fit as description.

I'm looking to buy a standard air box if any of you want to sell one?