RS3 aluminum inlays - can this be repaired?

tee-bee

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Any ideas if this can be repaired via an independent body shop?

Attachments

• rs3_bumper_paint_polish.jpg
    rs3_bumper_paint_polish.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 199
Yeah that can be fixed :)

Any ideas with whom ?

Been told by a car detailer and an auto smart repair that it'll have to go back to Audi? for a new part as it's very fragile to take off and put back...

If you take it back to audi its a brand new part all painted or so i,m told £££,surely the bodyshop can fix this without taking part off?

might be worth dropping a message to the owner of a solar orange TTRS on the AudiRS3oc forum (check members rides), he has had the aluminium bits painted titanium to match the alloys... I would say failing that, give your local VW garage a call as they usually have a paint shop. A good bodywork/resprayer garage will be able to it I'm sure

might be worth dropping a message to the owner of a solar orange TTRS on the AudiRS3oc forum (check members rides), he has had the aluminium bits painted titanium to match the alloys... I would say failing that, give your local VW garage a call as they usually have a paint shop. A good bodywork/resprayer garage will be able to it I'm sure

Thanks for that! found the contact..

Hi I dropped you a msg on AudiRS3OC. I'm not sure of the Alu pack paint code. But I'd say that needs to be removed from the car to be painted properly. All the bits on my car came off to be painted. The Matt titanium finish is gloss titanium with a Matt Laquer. I would imagine the Alu effect is simular.

It could be vynil wrapped in situe, might be the cheapest fix.

Last edited: