Rs3 and colours

lee_fr200

Reaction score
Hi guys

So on Friday morning I had my test drive in the RS3, it was meant to be a facelift but alas the demo was sold the day before. On he morning they informed me they had a pfl instead in silver and did I still want to have a drive, of course I ****** did. So the saleswoman drove around the corner we did the swap and got on our way for 25 mins, took it easy as we joined the motorway and settled it down to a nice cruise and I was amazed at how smooth and refined it felt and it rode well as well. The next junction we came off to hit B roads all the way back again fairly steady just listening and enjoying what would be a normal drive, at the top of the road is a roundabout and then a long straight about 2 miles long back towards Wakefield on Denby dale road I changed down and oh my Christ never have I been pushed back like that ok let's short shift and holy **** that's a lot of torque and power and oh oh we're well over 100! She's cheery I'm a little bewildered and yeah lost for words! You guys already know how all this feels but I've wanted an rs3 for so long this is my first taste! So anyways go under the m1 flyover and I'm behind 3 cars i slip it into neutral and rev a little "pop pop pop bang gunshot sounds" holy ****! This car is a hooligan the old woman behind me looks like she's having a heart attack and either her or another car pips in disgust lol! On the dual carriageway back towards audi Maggie the saleswoman slips it into dynamic and wow again the car just feels even more rapid, rather than turn into audi she says cmon let's have 10 more mins go down the next dual spin it round all the way back down to the m1 then back to the showroom, she tells me she loves speed and generally having fun! I couldn't tell if she was trying to sell me that car herself or a new one but either way I was hooked on the car! Back in audi and just listening to it idle is beautiful and 2 days later the experience is crystal clear in my mind I haven't stopped thinking about it and I want one I'm hooked I've never felt this way about a car!

Now been a realist I'm looking at ordering either march or September I know some of you say it might not be available by then and if not that's fine I will have to wait for the next RS3 and let's face it there will be another one and they will have to use that evocative 5cyl otherwise it just wouldn't sell!

Now for colours I just don't know I like Ara blue but I'm guessing it's popular but I kind of fancy something special as well I either fancy java green with the lunar leather OR. They used to do a colour called berry on the TT that would be nice as a metallic or a pearl with lunar leather, has anyone on here got a java rs3? If so feel free to post pics

Other than that sorry for telling you all what you already know and experience on a daily basis with your rs3 but compared to my golf gti pp it's just on another world And a world I will be coming to very soon hopefully

Reactions: Ozmosis, DW81, T-800 and 1 other person
I'd also test drive a FL before ordering. You might just find the PFL is the car for you and save yourself £15k in the process.

Reactions: DW81
Had all 3 Lee....
8P / 8V / 8V revision 2

Each one gets better than the previous model.

Only you can decide if a used 2016 or a new order will suit what you want.

Either way you won’t be disappointed.

Reactions: ice_cube99, jimojameso, Ozmosis and 1 other person
Whether you decide PFL or FL you will experience this every day. It's a very Jekyll and Hyde car.

As for colour, I know ypu say you dance Java green or barry, have you considered Catalunya red? Just saying as it is unique to the RS model, but nowhere near as much as exclusive paint.

Anyway, good luck with finding/ordering the right one for you!

Reactions: T-800
Oh it will definitely be a new one she's going to let me have a go in the facelift when they get another in, just wanted to share my experience, I'd want the fl for the virtual cockpit alone

@Ozmosis I'm not a red fan if I'm honest if it was a standard colour it would be ara blue (but that and nardo will be very common)

Reactions: Ozmosis
My 16 PFL will be available soon. Much loved and 15k less than a new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will never be common as you rarely see a RS3 on the road.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound and DW81
Common as in common for a rs3, while I agree you don't see them I have seen 2 one was nardo and the other was the sepang blue on a prefacelift

In 2 years of driving I can count the number of RS3s seen on the road on one hand. Rare cars hardly ever seen outside of meets.

Edit - I've seen more Skoda's in Nardo tbf but don't start me on that :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

It seems to be a copied colour at the moment doesn't it tbh though I've only seen a few rs3

I'm discount hunting today see what I can get, Wakefield have said none at all

I wish,then I wouldn’t have too work nights like I do

Reactions: AudiNutta
Try Scott Virgo at Worcester Audi

Tried him the other week he said no discounts available unfortunately I even mentioned yourself (I started a thread titled sportback discounts)