RS3 and Tuning possibilities

Nardo-RS3

Reaction score
Hi all, Was just wondering, Does anyone on here know of what types of tuning/mods we will be able to get for our new cars as they start to become available.

I,e, With the 2.5lt engine being around for some time now i would imagine there are a lot of mods that just need adapting to the RS3 model? Curious as to what they are, how much they cost, the gains and how we stand with warrantee, if any.

cheers

You'd have thought 500hp must be fairly easy from a 2.5 turbo?

TX.

Anything that's touched engine wise without genuine Audi parts and dealers would void the warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong somebody...

Yesterday I saw on Instagram a picture of RS3 doing 305 km/h with information of 425 ps and 655 Nm of torque.

in relation to warranty, it was more a question of what types of mods are available to that engine that can you get away with i,e if it breaks, you remove it and then get it into audi (like a de cat pipe etc)

I think that only way to improve performance without voiding the warranty is to install a box, e.g. from DTUK. In Poland I was told by my dealer that it is the only way of tuning they may "accept" because it is impossible to track that it was installed. Any other modification (electronic or mechanical) will void the warranty. I suppose it is pretty coherent across EU, but I may be wrong.

Wait for October with a rumour of announcement of an Audi endorsed tuning partnership. Expect to pay a pretty penny, but might be a winner for all those with warranty worries.

Sounds interesting Jose.

These prices are insane. Box in Poland is PLN 2,500 which is around 420 pounds. And it won't void the warranty as well.

I did hear about these Audi endorsed tunes. be interesting to see what comes of this and if its done at an Audi centre or subbed out to an outside tuner.

I spoke (live chat) with a guy from DTUK and he said there pedal box was available for the RS3 and the FSR was in development and only couple of months away. Not bad prices for the old RS3 so if thats anything to go by then could be a winner. I didn't get into warranty and if either of these systems can be removed without trace so that would need clarifying (unless someone on here knows the answer to that)

I've got both boxes on my S1, and can confirm once removed there is no trace (I had my dealer scan it to be sure).

Reactions: Nardo-RS3
I know Caval4r has a DTUK pedal box on his new RS3 already...

Reactions: Caval4r
Suspect the figures will be pretty similar to the previous gen's (and TTRS) maps which were around 410bhp stage 1, 420-30 stage 2… guess they will be a little higher due to the additional 20bhp stock?

Never had any issues with warrenty work on previously modded cars, guess it comes down to which garage you goto…

Suspect the figures will be pretty similar to the previous gen's (and TTRS) maps which were around 410bhp stage 1, 420-30 stage 2…

Yeah this. Its just the same 5 pot from the TTRS which I think Revo puts up to approx 420 as you have stated Nickl.

I think this is going to be the best option for the RS3 in either 8P or 8V form.

APR made a lot of noise about their kit for the TT-RS,but then priced it at over £13k,which was twice their original projected price,and not surprisingly,the take seemed poor.
Nothing ever happened for the RS3,until this came along,and looks like one of the very few ways of getting 500bhp or more from the RS3,so good luck to TTE.

Now...bolt a Syvecs ECU onto it and see how much more you can wring from it.

Reactions: Kelza and ved789
seems as though a premium is being slapped on the price as its got an rs badge again

seems as though a premium is being slapped on the price as its got an rs badge again

There's a lot of history and posturing behind that kit for the RS,but basically boils down to one person in that company saying the kit might/could be available for rather less than it eventaully appeared at.

I would think that a company like Nortech could fabricate an exhaust manifold for a bit less,and I know that the Syvecs ECU will run the 4 and 5 pot TFSi engines.

Reactions: TTE Si
After owning my 8P for 3 years and warranty lapse I looked at the 8V and just couldn't be bothered for the 8 month plus wait and still no bucket option, so gave my 8P the MTM Stage 1 upgrade a few months ago. Already had a few other more like decat bypass. Have to say the remap totally transformed the car in the power curve and it pulls that extra 10, 15, 20% harder - or so it feels.

My only regret was waiting those 3 years to do so!

Both great cars.

Reactions: nervus and michalprz
MRC mapped one today, did higher figures than Audi quote standard (390ps) and 420ps 600nm mapped.

Good going on just a map, I imagine the intercooler set up is better than the previous 8P model going off them stage 1 figures as that's what always let it down I think.

I have the pedal box fitted and it's great. Really improves the response and pick up. Helps when roaming around blipping the throttle too to get those huge gunshot bangs.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
MRC mapped one today, did higher figures than Audi quote standard (390ps) and 420ps 600nm mapped.

Good going on just a map, I imagine the intercooler set up is better than the previous 8P model going off them stage 1 figures as that's what always let it down I think.

I agree must be some improvements for nothing but our hybrid and 500 achieved. This was never achievable on previous

Hi guys, new to the site new RS3 8V on its way :)

I guess I'm not so diffferant from most.

I want over 400bhp but I don't want to void my warranty, any news on the dealer approved maps?

Or ones that can't be seen?

Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

Still no news on approved options. DTUK are about to release their tuning box which will be removable, and as it's a box not a remap won't be detected when not fitted.

Reactions: Ricky RS
Still no news on approved options. DTUK are about to release their tuning box which will be removable, and as it's a box not a remap won't be detected when not fitted.

Ok cool. Thanks for that I'll keep an eye out for it.

Cheers

Speak to Andrew at DTUK nice chap and very knowledgable

You'll get a discount if you mention your a forum member.

Crazy money but interested all the same

Bath Audi are an ABT Dealer, they have been for years - so it's done by a franchise, not approved by Audi UK/AG. The high cost is because ABT offer a warranty on the bits Audi UK/AG would no longer cover (engine/gearbox etc).

hmmm, ill wait for DTUK box me thinks!

:iagree:

I'm with you.

I do here good and bad about this box so it would be nice to get some feed back on what others think.

I spoke to a guy from DTUK and he said it will be around £600 max. He is going to phone me when they release it.

Ive worked with DTE Systems for 10 years, and theyre keeping everything close to their chest regarding this new SENT module. As mentioned in the other thread this is due to the use of digital sensors alongside the usual analogue.

As soon as i have more info i will post it on here :) which will include before and after dyno sheets as well as the TuV certification.

Reactions: Ricky RS and RYuill
Ive worked with DTE Systems for 10 years, and theyre keeping everything close to their chest regarding this new SENT module. As mentioned in the other thread this is due to the use of digital sensors alongside the usual analogue.

As soon as i have more info i will post it on here :) which will include before and after dyno sheets as well as the TuV certification.

Really excited by this!

It sounds really promising :readit::racer:

im sure Ive mentioned it, but I heard on the grapevine the numbers 50/55 and 90/100 being mentioned