RS3 Attention?

AudiNutta

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is a bit of a random thread but I am wondering what sort of attention you generally all get? I don't mind people appreciating the car, but I worry about attracting the wrong kind of attention as I've had a bit of both in the past.

When I had an RS3 on loan I had people stopping me saying how nice the car was, comments in the high street like "that's a fast car" with people talking between themselves.

The S3 falls a little more under the radar, you notice the odd few turning to take a look and I had a few kids a couple of weeks ago wave me on to make some noise. But overall, not much attention at all.
The bad experience I had with mine was I sat at traffic lights on a cross road and immediately clocked a car full of what looked to be pretty rough looking men in their 20's. As I drove off quietly they all shouted comments out the window, 30 seconds later I noticed them speeding up behind me as fast as they could and tailgating for a few seconds at which point they backed off. They followed me half a mile to a Tesco express and as I pulled in, they drove across the front of the entrance and parked in waiting. They didn't blocks access but were next to it and it really s*** me right up, so I did a rapid U-Turn and got the hell out of there before they could realise I had gone! That was scary, hope it doesn't happen again and it makes me wonder what sort of experience all you have had.

Thanks in advance :)

Matt

I've only had positive attention. Mine is debadged though so only those who know know.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Never really had any negative attention with mine, of course the occasional moron trying to goad a drag from the lights, but only positive comments or thumbs up.

I wonder if you get this attention because of your age? Remember you will be considered young to be driving something like that, so maybe they had this "Spoilt brat/rich kid" mentality. At least you did the right thing and drove away...

Reactions: Radman
An Audi RS draws attention for sure but not always in a positive way. You have the jealous twats that may leave a nice key marking down the side of your pride and joy, the over eager boy racer who will be stuck up your **** for miles and dependent on what area of the country you are in, a real genuine theft risk too. There are a lot of Audi RS thefts in the Midlands and West Yorks areas of the country so if you do live in these high risk areas be careful of being followed home where your address is marked and forwarded to professional gangs who at a later date will break in and steal your keys.

There's good with the bad too though.

Very true Leo. Over the years I have had a number of performance cars and still to this day i am very conscious of who is around me when heading home and if I notice a couple of lads in a car following me taking a particular interest I will deliberately not turn into where I live and drive a mile or so down the road and double back.

It seems rediculous but could save a lot of potential agree aggravation, I also have a garage and always use it, having said all that I am still very much looking forward to my first ever RS car.

Reactions: Terminator x
I get quite a lot of attention in mine. Fortunately so far it has been positive. People always comment on the noise too, even if I'm not accelerating hard. It's obviously quite a bit louder from the outside.

I get less attention in the RS3 than in my previous Valencia Orange 1M LOL. Probably because it looks like an A3 with some bling on it

I have had a car of young lads pull out of a line of traffic behind me and start photographing the car on their phones...I felt a little compromised but knew about 3 exit routes from where I was...didn't go straight home though - just drove around a bit before heading into my local petrol station with CCTV and that shook them off. Still worrying as it's definitely nickable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still worrying as it's definitely nickable.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live on the drug route from Spain into Europe. More worrying than the RS3 being nickable, it is here - next to the RS6 - the drug runners' car of choice and a prime target for car-jacking at gunpoint...

Could be a career change there for you bud :racer:
I get no negative attention what so ever.while out in it it does get the occasional people looking at it and commenting on it with a thumbs up,even had an elderly woman who was a passenger in a Q5 at lights say to me (lovely car) with a thumb gesture.The colour of it does make it stand out more than others to as let's be honest you can't miss it,that and with the noise from it,misses said to me yesterday while out in it and coming to a stop (your exhaust is blowing). Tit

Reactions: Ozmosis
You may be all worrying too much, might just be wanting to hear the exhaust. I've done the same myself, especially with super cars.
Only had the car 2 weeks. Had a couple of people pointing, one father shaking his head as I popped down into 1st gear and some kids in a civic tailgating me to hear the car (I have to assume).

Ha. However, when i was driving an integrale a lot, I had literally dozens of people talk to me about the car, their rally memories, etc.
Had three people, in total, actually walk into the road and wave me down to talk about it! I must be trusting as I stopped and chatted to them all. Mind you, I live near Weybridge so crime is not a 'thing'.
Best of all was when I stopped at a Zebra crossing, this man walked over it, clocked my car, double-took and then got down on his knees and did a two armed worship... haha. I kid you not.

Any attention I've had in the RS3 has been purely positive, from people young and old alike.

My A6 gets way more attention due to the colour but when I drive off people realise it's a diesel . . .

Very true Leo. Over the years I have had a number of performance cars and still to this day i am very conscious of who is around me when heading home and if I notice a couple of lads in a car following me taking a particular interest I will deliberately not turn into where I live and drive a mile or so down the road and double back.

It seems rediculous but could save a lot of potential agree aggravation, I also have a garage and always use it, having said all that I am still very much looking forward to my first ever RS car.

It's not ridiculous, I do exactly the same thing, albeit not a mile away, just that there's a loop near us that I can go round that no-one would normally do unless they were following me...

I live on the drug route from Spain into Europe. More worrying than the RS3 being nickable, it is here - next to the RS6 - the drug runners' car of choice and a prime target for car-jacking at gunpoint...

Got robbed of my rs3 8p outside my home last year and I suspect that it was exacly that, a drug car, for a month.

LONG story short is that it was found after one month some 900km from me. It sat at the police impound, 900km from me, for two months waiting to get investigated.
After the investigation was done I got it back. Nice. But during the first test drive I heard something under the passenger seat. Stopped the car to have a look and found a 9mm pistol on the floor.
Great investigation, lazy f-ng cops.

The repairs was extensive at 14k £ but extremly well done, looks brand new. Full respray etcetera. And I actually chose to paint everything thas was silver in the "alupac" in the same color as the rest of the car, put a black grille on and debadge it.

Recently ordered a new rs3. Debadged from the start in a very discreet color scheme.

So, looking over the shoulder everywhere is now a standard procedure. Aswell as paying a lot of attention to any suspicious behaviour around the car.

:(

Stopped the car to have a look and found a 9mm pistol on the floor.
:(

Ouch, that brings it all home!

Not sure how much detraction debadging is. The Rs3 without badges still stands out - unlike the A45 that definitely looks like any other A Classe even with badging!

Reactions: Radman and D0C
Ouch, that brings it all home!

Not sure how much detraction debadging is. The Rs3 without badges still stands out - unlike the A45 that definitely looks like any other A Classe even with badging!
Completely agree. The huge "Quattro" on the front grill, not forgetting the two channel tunnel sized exhausts!

Reactions: Radman
I agree @D0C that petrolheads will know. You'd be surprised at the amount of head scratching mine gets though as the vast majority of people simply don't know what it is without the badge. More so when stopped as yes the noise gives it away a bit.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

****** hell, you lot are scaring me now... :)
I am going to buy a Car Cover from Halfords as we mostly keep our gate open and the cars can be seen...

Picture to come.

Generally positive reactions I've been getting, although had an older gentleman say to me the other day "nice car, is this the A1?" I just said thanks it's the A3! Hahaha

Reactions: Terminator x and ice_cube99