Facelift RS3 Brake discs going orange??

Ashh_987

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have searched around and can't seem to find anything. I have 18 plate Audi RS3 and for some reason the brake discs are going orange.

I have washed the car but then they appear again, Not sure why?

Hello Everyone,

I have searched around and can't seem to find anything. I have 18 plate Audi RS3 and for some reason the brake discs are going orange.

Orange, do you mean rust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was dropping errors before when i tried uploading a pic.

Attachments

• rs.jpg
    rs.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 587
Hello Everyone,

Surface oxidisation after washing or standing . Normal . Once driven and brakes applied will be shiny again .

Surface oxidisation after washing or standing . Normal . Once driven and brakes applied will be shiny again .

Disc bell won’t be shiny once brakes are applied, they will need painting

Thanks. Guess I learned something lol, it was bothering me every time I look at the car.

Thanks. Guess I learned something lol, it was bothering me every time I look at the car.

As mentioned above you will find over time the hubs will rust discolour . You will find many posts on here if you have a quick search about how people have painted or rectified them . But don’t worry about the discs .

c4542fd4a41ebd82cbd19e1a59f22c0d.jpg

Here’s mine after I painted them, common for the rears to go rusty unfortunately

Reactions: KKOG and Phil3
And here’s four pics of how how I did it. Removed them, had them sand blasted and painted them with high temp silver paint.

They still look perfect ~4 months later.

You wash the car
The disks go rusty
You drive the car the rust goes from the disks to the wheels
You wash the car
Repeat

Reactions: KKOG and E15