RS3 brake problem , please help !!

Hi Guys , anyone knows where I can get those” standard Ferodo premier pad”??

Brake squeal is the high frequency vibration of the pads in the caliper at lower speeds. If the pads have a low tolerance in manufacture, then they will rattle in their slots. I have measured Redstuff against the Audi pads and found this to be so.

Regarding brake disc warp - think about it. A honeycomb of webs (the cooling vanes) separating two faces is going to take a lot of heat, and I mean a lot, to actually warp a disc. Disc warp is a term applied when there is feedback through the brake pedal giving the feeling that a disc is warped. In actual fact, the symptom is a product of incompatible friction material on the particular disc, especially where hard braking has been used. The incomaptibilty between these materials produces high spots.

I suspect that the general consensus of the fix might be that Redstuuf or Ferodo have a higher tolerance in manufacture of the backing plates and their compounds are more symapthetic to the disc casting.

All this is well documented and it is beyond belief that those in Audi will not recognise this and fix it. It is so simple, that I reckon a small team of R&D chaps could hack it in a day or two. I really cannot say the boffins behind the RS3 are boneheads as the car is genearlly top drawer, so I have to say, they are just boneheads..!
Having bashed my head against the proverbial, I have to say you are right. Yet, I still read on an almost daily basis people going on about all sorts of reasons. Terrible from Audi, for what is on the whole a stunning car, they have let themselves down so badly with this issue.

I remember being in stop start traffic for an hour with the brakes squealing. My blood pressure must have been off the charts. I drove my car in to the dealership the very next day and refused to pick the car up until it was fixed. They fitted those blasted weights which have 90% cured it. But not entirely.

Reactions: DW81
1000 miles so far on my facelift rs3 and not even the slightest squeak from the brakes :shrug:

1000 miles so far on my facelift rs3 and not even the slightest squeak from the brakes :shrug:

Mines has got to 994 miles and has started to show signs of squeal with a squeak squeak here and there across the last few hundred miles and I would say getting slightly more frequent in the last 50! Discs haven’t been power washed in the last week?!?!

Mines has got to 994 miles and has started to show signs of squeal with a squeak squeak here and there across the last few hundred miles and I would say getting slightly more frequent in the last 50! Discs haven’t been power washed in the last week?!?!

Drive it a bit faster and press the brakes a bit harder for a drive, it will go.

I am trying to attach a WAV file of my brakes squealing this morning... it's quite a listen! However, I'm struggling to upload it...can anyone help?