RS3 brake problem , please help !!

Are we still talking about 'Brakes'........:readit:

Or is this thread about 'Breaks' of another variety :whistle2:

Hehe answering a thread in the bed when english is not my first language is not always a good idea, i hope the gramma police forgives me ;)

Reactions: T-800
I heard the dreaded squeal once yesterday, but I was in the worst possible situation for it.
I was on a steep ramp out of a car park crawling to the point the speedometer didn't recognise and it squealed very very faintly with the windows open, on and off the brakes it did it a few times but haven't heard it since.. touching all wood.

The answer is above mate

My mate has Ferodo’s, do they really work? £200 for pads isn’t cheap on a brand new car.

So mine started sub 300 miles.

Rinsing the car off now, going to jet wash the discs as @Snake Pliskin recommended.

Reactions: RS3 S. and Snake Pliskin
"£200 ... isn't cheap" I fear you are in for a rocky ride AN ;)

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, DW81, MartS300 and 1 other person
So it’s around £ 247 for 4 pads which it goes on front ! Is this the cheapest for ferodo’s ?

Someone mentioned £200 for them and I didn’t know I need 4pads for the front

So it’s around £ 247 for 4 pads which it goes on front ! Is this the cheapest for ferodo’s ?

Someone mentioned £200 for them and I didn’t know I need 4pads for the front

8 pads i’m afraid.

4 pads per side.

£250 is worth every penny to eliminate squeal.

Surprising how spending ££££ plus to protect paintwork isn’t frowned upon

Yet ditching the ***** Audi pads to improve and eradicate the Brakes is.....

Reactions: RS3 S., Snake Pliskin, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Hang on, £247 for 4 pads, and you need 8 for the front... £494 for front pads? Feck me, even I've got to admit that's a decent sum for some pads.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AudiNutta
Audi nutta I am using the red stuffs. £197 delivered. Vw Audi wear sensors fitted to these front pads so no more sensor modding is needed although the rears will need to be modded as red stuffs don’t have a sensor like the oem pads. Took me about 1hr to do all four corners and is straight forward. You will need either vcds or obdeleven software to retract the rear electronic pistons prior to winding them back to remove from the rear discs. I think the rear pads are about £60 delivered.

Hang on, £247 for 4 pads, and you need 8 for the front... £494 for front pads? Feck me, even I've got to admit that's a decent sum for some pads.

£250 gets you 8 pads.

Hang in !
I’m
Confused now , the technician told me need 4 pads for the front ( 2 pads each side ) and that’s for £250 ??

Also I heard red stuff are a bit harsh and everyone said to go for feredo’s ! So what’s my best option guys ?

Hang in !
I’m
Confused now , the technician told me need 4 pads for the front ( 2 pads each side ) and that’s for £250 ??

Also I heard red stuff are a bit harsh and everyone said to go for feredo’s ! So what’s my best option guys ?
Four pads per caliper

2 at the top 2 at the bottom
6f999bc0a33b7abc486b84b5ef24d819.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta
Omg , so I need to purchase 8 pads @ £500 ???

Yes I have been reading it and I dint have enough experience when it’s comes to brakes so bare with me guys please !

So I only need 4 pads to replace the front pads right ?

Yes I have been reading it and I dint have enough experience when it’s comes to brakes so bare with me guys please !

So I only need 4 pads to replace the front pads right ?

I’ll give ye a clue......#53.

Lol, we playing games now ! I didn’t get the clue mate

"£200 ... isn't cheap" I fear you are in for a rocky ride AN ;)

TX.

It’s not cheap when I’ve got a delivery mileage car with squeaking brakes.

I shouldn’t have to pay it, that’s why it’s not cheap to just take it on the chin. But I really just am exhausted with dealing with Audi with previous cars, what’s the point in travelling back and forth Worcester (90 miles each way), leaving my car for days on end to be investigated when they can’t fix it. I think I should just hit the nail on the head and do it myself.

Reactions: zaka7 and Snake Pliskin
My mate has Ferodo’s, do they really work? £200 for pads isn’t cheap on a brand new car.

So mine started sub 300 miles.

Rinsing the car off now, going to jet wash the discs as @Snake Pliskin recommended.

Just remember the discs need to be cold when you pressure wash them.

I pressure wash, then rotate wheels 90 degrees to get the jokes & disc area thstcwas in the pad / Caliper & repeat the process.

Just watch all the $hi7 come off in a black pool of water !!!

But it does work & clears the problem mostly for up to a week. Skip a week though & it very quickly becomes more frequent, louder.

Pain in the ar$e & sorry you have got it on your pup so soon mate .... but don’t let it frustrate you - the car is awesome & the issue can be dealt with by a bit of water :)

Totally disgusting Audi have not sorted this after so many years though.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Just remember the discs need to be cold when you pressure wash them.

I pressure wash, then rotate wheels 90 degrees to get the jokes & disc area thstcwas in the pad / Caliper & repeat the process.

Just watch all the $hi7 come off in a black pool of water !!!

But it does work & clears the problem mostly for up to a week. Skip a week though & it very quickly becomes more frequent, louder.

Pain in the ar$e & sorry you have got it on your pup so soon mate .... but don’t let it frustrate you - the car is awesome & the issue can be dealt with by a bit of water :)

Totally disgusting Audi have not sorted this after so many years though.

I pressure washed them earlier, didn’t rotate but spent about 30 seconds on each disc close up. Lots came off but then the water was clean. First stop pulling out of my estate, it squealed.

I’m gutted if I’m honest, it’s put a proper dampener on my day as it’s another thing to thing about and have a lot on the go at the moment. Car has to go back up country with issues on PPF, nightmare.

Also just to make the day a little worse I had sold some concert tickets which didn’t arrive on time for me to forward on, so I’ve lost £200 out of that too which would have been my pads. Bad day. Start again tomorrow, I need another tunnel run to cheer me up.. shame it’s a half an hour drive to one.

I’m frustrated about it all, Dad said just take it back to Audi and he doesn’t understand why it would be a waste of my life to do so.

I pressure washed them earlier, didn’t rotate but spent about 30 seconds on each disc close up. Lots came off but then the water was clean. First stop pulling out of my estate, it squealed.

I’m gutted if I’m honest, it’s put a proper dampener on my day as it’s another thing to thing about and have a lot on the go at the moment. Car has to go back up country with issues on PPF, nightmare.

Also just to make the day a little worse I had sold some concert tickets which didn’t arrive on time for me to forward on, so I’ve lost £200 out of that too which would have been my pads. Bad day. Start again tomorrow, I need another tunnel run to cheer me up.. shame it’s a half an hour drive to one.

I’m frustrated about it all, Dad said just take it back to Audi and he doesn’t understand why it would be a waste of my life to do so.

Oh jeeees sorry mate.

I also blast the calipers thoroughly too.

Give it another go & hopefully will work.

Otherwise new pads may be required.

Your car does look amazing though - detailer pics are stunning !!!!!

Oh jeeees sorry mate.

I also blast the calipers thoroughly too.

Give it another go & hopefully will work.

Otherwise new pads may be required.

Your car does look amazing though - detailer pics are stunning !!!!!

Yep it just hasn’t been my day, haha.

I will be jetting the car off again tomorrow before work. I had enough s*it in work for the cost spent on PPF and detailing, last thing I want to do is turn up with it 3 days old and it be black :lmfao:

I will give it another go and an extensive test. It isn’t horrifically loud and not piercing, but it was there at one point stopping at every roundabout and would last as long as I was light on the brakes. Then I nearly launched my Dad through the windscreen with a buried foot on the brakes, it stopped then but only for for about half an hour :( The squealing started after about 30 minutes sat in crawling traffic today, I’ve had little chance to boot it and hardly used the brakes with any aggression since I picked it up.

Thank you, the car is stunning I’m over the moon with the colour. Under the forecourt lighting today, it looked totally purple.. cool colour.

I’ve done over 300 miles in 2 days, time to hold back a little now.. I will have a 100,000 mile RS3 in a few years time at this rate haha. But what I will say, the fuel guage plummeting is enough to make me want to park up ;) It’s not much worse than the S3. The S3 saw 23mpg on the first tanks running in, I calculated at 22.8mpg across 170 miles in the RS3. It’s a lot of power so I can’t grumble.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
My experience with the brake squeak is; most of the time I don't have it. I couldn't work out what causes it (until I came on this forum) or why it goes away and to be honest I can live with it.
I'm not prepared to spend half my day and £250 to get rid of it. When the pads or disc need replacing thats when I'll use different pads. The £250 is better spent on a V-Power enjoying the car and/or red wine!

Ok I'm just waiting for mine to start squeeeeeaaaaaling like a pig!!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
Audi nutta I am using the red stuffs. £197 delivered. Vw Audi wear sensors fitted to these front pads so no more sensor modding is needed although the rears will need to be modded as red stuffs don’t have a sensor like the oem pads. Took me about 1hr to do all four corners and is straight forward. You will need either vcds or obdeleven software to retract the rear electronic pistons prior to winding them back to remove from the rear discs. I think the rear pads are about £60 delivered.

So, please confirm - Redstuff is now with sensors on the front?? Where did you get them??

That is correct the front pads have the vw Audi wear sensor fitted to them. I ordered them from pandora racing up on Scotland but you can order them direct from ebc mate

Inclusion of the sensors must be very recent as my set (from EBC) a few months back did not have them. But good to know as this now makes the change to Redstuff more compelling.

It does mate no more cutting off the old sensor and soldering to the new pad wires. FYI Sensor is installed on the drivers side. If you buy the rear pads you will need to cut the old wear sensor off the Audi oem ones and solder the two wires together and plug it back in as the ebc ones don not come with a wear sensor for the tears mate