Facelift RS3 Broken Gearbox Mounting - Options?

Simon Zoloiev

Reaction score
I have a 2018 RS3 and the mounting point on the gearbox has completely broken away.

I was hoping that this might be repairable, but I don't know that there are enough pieces remaining to weld it all back together again. Then, there will be the question of strength...

So, I am looking into replacement options. Do I need to find the exact match of gearbox? I see various codes on the gearbox but I don't know which one I need to use to find a suitable replacement.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received.

Attachments

• viber_image_2021-04-09_14-42-343.jpg
    viber_image_2021-04-09_14-42-343.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 205
  • viber_image_2021-04-09_14-42-353.jpg
    viber_image_2021-04-09_14-42-353.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 162
Looking at that picture is that not the crown wheel of the diff you can see?
If so then it would need to be oil tight also.
New gearbox time I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what happened there ? You hit something ?

Wow, how on earth did you manage that damage?

New gearbox time for sure, I don't think JB weld is going to cut it! A new gear box case is needed. The case may be used with different internals and have multiple part numbers as in the VW/Audi way of doing things. Probably best to speak to audi directly and give them your VIN number. Maybe crewe can help you (parts request page on this site).

If you end up also changing the mechatronic/TCU from another RS3, you will need it coded to your car. But likely you will re-use your existing ones though.

Wows, I have seen some high power built stage 2 cars break one of the count holes but not like this. You will want a part number match as there is a few DQ500's used in other applications with different ratios etc.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Work has taken me away from this topic and my project.
Wow, how on earth did you manage that damage?

New gearbox time for sure, I don't think JB weld is going to cut it! A new gear box case is needed. The case may be used with different internals and have multiple part numbers as in the VW/Audi way of doing things. Probably best to speak to audi directly and give them your VIN number. Maybe crewe can help you (parts request page on this site).

If you end up also changing the mechatronic/TCU from another RS3, you will need it coded to your car. But likely you will re-use your existing ones though.
So, the car is salvage and I'm in the process of repairing it. I've looked at perhaps having it welded, but it's too far gone for that. This is the gearbox mounting point that has gone, so I want it to be strong. If I swap the mechtronic from the original car, it should work without coding issues?

Wows, I have seen some high power built stage 2 cars break one of the count holes but not like this. You will want a part number match as there is a few DQ500's used in other applications with different ratios etc.
Crewe Parts have helped me with the part number for the gearbox - massive thanks to them. The part number is: 0DL300012H - so, if I buy the same part and use the mechatronic, all should work fine?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Work has taken me away from this topic and my project.

So, the car is salvage and I'm in the process of repairing it. I've looked at perhaps having it welded, but it's too far gone for that. This is the gearbox mounting point that has gone, so I want it to be strong. If I swap the mechtronic from the original car, it should work without coding issues?

Crewe Parts have helped me with the part number for the gearbox - massive thanks to them. The part number is: 0DL300012H - so, if I buy the same part and use the mechatronic, all should work fine?

Mechatronic should work ok with the new box I’d say.