RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

So for some context, 34 14 years NCB, moderate area. I paid £600 for my 8V RS3 a few years back.

The first quotes I got back were all £2500+ :puke:

Managed to get it for £1400 in the end with Admiral. I did an "internal" quote via my account, as we have home insurance with them, which seemed to knock some money off. I also put my parents on the policy which brought it down another £100 or so.
Its totally insane, the premiums. When I queried mine, itys to cover the costs of parts waiting, courtesy car and EV battery precautionary saftey replacement.

Reactions: WilsonRS
Its totally insane, the premiums. When I queried mine, itys to cover the costs of parts waiting, courtesy car and EV battery precautionary saftey replacement.
Totally crazy. Mine was £500 last year and they wanted £1200 this year... Still had to end up paying £680, which annoyed me, but a lot better than what the other chancers wanted. A legal scam.

Reactions: Adi7r
Totally crazy. Mine was £500 last year and they wanted £1200 this year... Still had to end up paying £680, which annoyed me, but a lot better than what the other chancers wanted. A legal scam.
Still a good deal on a high risk car, which an 8Y RS3 currently is.
Not cheap to replace either.

So for some context, 34 14 years NCB, moderate area. I paid £600 for my 8V RS3 a few years back.

The first quotes I got back were all £2500+ :puke:

Managed to get it for £1400 in the end with Admiral. I did an "internal" quote via my account, as we have home insurance with them, which seemed to knock some money off. I also put my parents on the policy which brought it down another £100 or so.
That’s similar to what I was getting. I’m 30 with 13 years NCB cheapest I could find with just me on was £1400, put my parents on and it went up to like £1600 put my wife on and went down to £1325 with Aviva so went with that one, when I was looking for quotes in September i found one for £800 so in 2 months went up by £500

Still a good deal on a high risk car, which an 8Y RS3 currently is.
Not cheap to replace either.

Getting cheaper to replace by the day if We Buy Any Car prices are anything to go by!

I’m more just annoyed that it went up, and by so much. If you’ve not done anything to increase your risk, the car value is less and you have an additional year no claims then it rubs me the wrong way that my renewal is still up by 120%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone watched the Saving Salvage RS4 build he explains it quite well in that it’s the time to get the parts rather than the parts themselves. He was told that the carpet would be a month or two and came in 10days, I think. If the insurance company was paying for a similar hire/ loan car for a couple of months this increases the size of the claim and hence why the car he bought was a right off.

Reactions: Southall87
If anyone watched the Saving Salvage RS4 build he explains it quite well in that it’s the time to get the parts rather than the parts themselves. He was told that the carpet would be a month or two and came in 10days, I think. If the insurance company was paying for a similar hire/ loan car for a couple of months this increases the size of the claim and hence why the car he bought was a right off.
I've heard all the reasons and I can understand that the insurance companies are making less money as a result but I imagine it's as with everything else where the costs passed to the consumer are vastly disproportionate when compared to the costs they're seeing as a result of delayed parts.

Reactions: Kevmoz
I've heard all the reasons and I can understand that the insurance companies are making less money as a result but I imagine it's as with everything else where the costs passed to the consumer are vastly disproportionate when compared to the costs they're seeing as a result of delayed parts.

Not according the industry experts.

Seen this on the tv a few weeks back on Martin Lewis show, for every £1 taken in premiums they pay out £1.10 in claims.

Far too many scams etc these days when a claim is made and far too many ‘insurance claim handlers’ that load up claims with extras as well.

Reactions: Daggerit
Not according the industry experts.

Seen this on the tv a few weeks back on Martin Lewis show, for every £1 taken in premiums they pay out £1.10 in claims.

Far too many scams etc these days when a claim is made and far too many ‘insurance claim handlers’ that load up claims with extras as well.

Hey, if that's the way it is then I'm very surprised but fair enough if so. I'm still sticking to my guns in that a 100% or more increase seems a little excessive though. I know they need to make money but it seems like all the companies are propping up their profits to keep them the same or increase them and we're all getting bent over as a result.

Hey, if that's the way it is then I'm very surprised but fair enough if so. I'm still sticking to my guns in that a 100% or more increase seems a little excessive though. I know they need to make money but it seems like all the companies are propping up their profits to keep them the same or increase them and we're all getting bent over as a result.
I bet if they took Birmingham / Bradford out of the equation things would be better

• Haha
Reactions: Kevmoz, gurpz1, Terminator x and 1 other person
Hi all, new here! After a long wait of 1.5 years my Carbon Black spbk RS3 has been built and it’s making its way to the UK!

I’ve seen the interest rate hike (planning on using Audi FS) and the difference is crazy!

My question to you all - If you have recently received your RS3 are dealers honouring the finance rate signed on your order form or have you managed to negotiate a discount on the car to cover the interest rise?

Also just seen the insurance now! Excited for the car to finally arrive but my bank account is crying lol

Reactions: RS03??? and Kevmoz
Hi all, new here! After a long wait of 1.5 years my Carbon Black spbk RS3 has been built and it’s making its way to the UK!

I’ve seen the interest rate hike (planning on using Audi FS) and the difference is crazy!

My question to you all - If you have recently received your RS3 are dealers honouring the finance rate signed on your order form or have you managed to negotiate a discount on the car to cover the interest rise?

Also just seen the insurance now! Excited for the car to finally arrive but my bank account is crying lol

The deal you agreed will be the deal you pay for. Price and finance interest rate will be honoured. Enjoy they are a great car to own and drive.

Reactions: RS03??? and SinbadRS3
The deal you agreed will be the deal you pay for. Price and finance interest rate will be honoured. Enjoy they are a great car to own and drive.
Great to hear! It would have taking some of the wind out of my sails if I was told after 1.5 year wait the car is going to cost me more with all of the other rising costs!

The final countdown is on!

Morning All,
Cars built over the last few weeks, few have appeared at the dealers to be picked up.
Will track till end of this year and will call it a day. Now 87.9% Delivered.
Collected last week:

Carbon @WilsonRS - Sb-KeG - Congrats.
Tracking: (In Build or Completed to Emden)
Potential Build due to start or commenced
Vorsprung @Coling - Sb-UltraViolet - Confirmed
Carbon @James84 - Sb-KyG - Built heading to Port
Vorsprung @darlkeys - Sl-TuB - Built @ Port
Vorsprung @zedman -Sb-DaG - Built @ Port -
Vorsprung @WallyBazoom -Sb-DaG - Built @ Port -
Global @presidentpush - Sl-DaG - should be heading to Dealer

----
Carbon @Adi7r - Sb-KeG (end of year !)
Vorsprung @Jase6666 -Sb-DaG
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HassP1_oVqIwPDzpOFsBPZonbTiioLoIg5mzxjQjjVM/edit?usp=sharing

Hi all, my RS3 has been sitting at the port of exit since the start of November and the dealer said this week that it was still the case. Has anybody who has had their cars built had the same problem? I am guessing it is luck of the draw as to whether the car gets onto the boat to arrive in the UK.

Hi all, my RS3 has been sitting at the port of exit since the start of November and the dealer said this week that it was still the case. Has anybody who has had their cars built had the same problem? I am guessing it is luck of the draw as to whether the car gets onto the boat to arrive in the UK.
There was a period a few months ago, quite a few built cars were stuck at Emden port for a few weeks, this was I believe was due to VW not having reserved enough shipping slots. Some were stuck were upto 6 weeks.

Reactions: kayemill
Mine was built mid October and I got it 18th November, from it being built to me collecting was 6 weeks so don’t think there was any delay at emden for me

Mine has been @ port of exit for a couple of weeks. Dealer seams confident I will be able to collect before Christmas still. I’ll let you know if I hear any movement on mine. We could be on the same ship!

Morning All,
copy and paste again. (Will cease to update this thread from the spreadsheet perspective by end of this year, thanks all for the support and contributions.)
Cars built over the last few weeks, stuck at port:
Will track till end of this year and will call it a day. Now 87.9% Delivered.
Collected last week: None

----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HassP1_oVqIwPDzpOFsBPZonbTiioLoIg5mzxjQjjVM/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: kayemill and Kevmoz
Hi all, I picked mine up 30th Nov. So about 21 months waiting.
Thanks @RS03??? For all the work you did with tracking.

Reactions: Kevmoz, RS03??? and kayemill
Morning All,
Copy and paste. (Will cease to update this thread from the spreadsheet perspective by end of this year, thanks all for the support and contributions.)
Will track till end of this year and will call it a day. Now 89.7 % Delivered.
Collected recently:

Vorsprung @Wraith - Sb-MiB - Collected 30/11 - Congrats

----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

Reactions: kayemill and Daggerit
@RS03??? I know it’s been mentioned before , but you really have done an epic job keeping this spreadsheet updated, monitoring build patterns and keeping us updated with the inside track for when cars might turn up.

i can’t believe we are up to nearly 90% built, as it seemed such a slow build of cars in the early dates. Also looks like it won’t be far off 95-100% by end of year.

Are you planning to stick around to do the same for the facelift…or do you think we’ll be waist deep in facelift cars once they get building them. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: And they’ll be no point

Reactions: kayemill and RS03???
@RS03??? I know it’s been mentioned before , but you really have done an epic job keeping this spreadsheet updated, monitoring build patterns and keeping us updated with the inside track for when cars might turn up.

i can’t believe we are up to nearly 90% built, as it seemed such a slow build of cars in the early dates. Also looks like it won’t be far off 95-100% by end of year.

Are you planning to stick around to do the same for the facelift…or do you think we’ll be waist deep in facelift cars once they get building them. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: And they’ll be no point
@AndyVWR , thanks.
I am intending to call it a day by the end of this year, as we are now nearing the final few percents. % of copy and paste each week is becoming the norm. (boring).

Kicked off as a selfish initiative as to where my order was within the Audi's build schedule. Without a doubt, big thanks to many here, valuable contributions of snippets and progress from members, allowed us to guess probability of our own build within the chaos.

My guess is similar to yours, in that, we may not be in the same boat on demand/logistics for the facelift, so 'may not' be a need.

Morning All,
Copy and paste.
Cars built over the last few weeks, they should all be (5) pushed across the line to the dealers, if not already done. Not much time left this year with all the seasonal time-off.
Collected recently: none

Carbon @James84 - Sb-KyG - Built @ Port
----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

Morning All,
Copy and paste. (Will cease to update this thread from the spreadsheet perspective by end of this year, thanks all for the support and contributions.)
Collected recently:

Vorsprung @Wraith - Sb-MiB - Collected 30/11 - Congrats
----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

Mine is arriving June 2024!

• Wow
Reactions: RS03???
The RS3 has arrived in the UK and just waiting for it to get to the dealer - not sure how long this normally takes but the end is now close after 20 months.

Reactions: kayemill and RS03???
The RS3 has arrived in the UK and just waiting for it to get to the dealer - not sure how long this normally takes but the end is now close after 20 months.
Good, finally now at the last mile. Fellow member with the same spec @Danvman (not seen for a while) may be in the same batch of Turbo Blue being delivered.

Morning All,
Copy and paste.
Cars built over the last few weeks, they should all be (5) pushed across the line to the dealers, if not already done. Not much time left this year with all the seasonal time-off.
Now 89.7 % Delivered.
Will continue to update the spreadsheet into 2024 and publish as updates of car pickup posted here, instated of weekly update.
Collected recently: none

Carbon @James84 - Sb-KyG - in UK to dealers.
Global @presidentpush - Sl-DaG - should be heading to Dealer ETA June 24!
----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG
----

lol maybe now is the time to start a for sale spreadsheet

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, kayemill and RS03???
car built 2-3 weeks ago apparently
waiting to be shipping arriving june they said

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill
@RS03??? Not been on here for awhile - lot interest now!! Still no build date/or any sort of update on the car from Amersham Audi.

Will keep you updated if anything changes.

That is strange.. Similar spec ordered after yours by @WallyBazoom was in Transit last year. As you stated not much activity here. Would be good if @WallyBazoom and others that were on Transit phase on the outcome from last year.

Yeah - not sure what is going on, they called me to try and sell me a Carbon Black a few months ago and said still no news on my current order, but I declined it based on colour and spec. Not really caught up on this forum but it seems most have got there cars now or in process of selling up! The prices seem to have dropped and lots of stock available....although I went full spec with the Vorsprung RS Dynamic Pack with Ceramics etc, prices seem abit steadier for those.

I've left the deposit for now, but if I see anything I like will just go for it (was always a second car for me, so not been in massive rush), but the way Audi has handled it has lost alot of the excitement for me, as said last year I always considered the M3/M4 Competition Ms - not sure what peoples views are on them?

I will add, seen quite a few RS3s on the road now, especially in my area, lots of SBs in Black and Daytona Grey and my word the stance when lowered...they do look good and aggressive and makes me excited about the thought of owning one again!

Last edited:
Yeah - not sure what is going on, they called me to try and sell me a Carbon Black a few months ago and said still no news on my current order, but I declined it based on colour and spec. Not really caught up on this forum but it seems most have got there cars now or in process of selling up! The prices seem to have dropped and lots of stock available....although I went full spec with the Vorsprung RS Dynamic Pack with Ceramics etc, prices seem abit steadier for those.

I've left the deposit for now, but if I see anything I like will just go for it (was always a second car for me, so not been in massive rush), but the way Audi has handled it has lost alot of the excitement for me, as said last year I always considered the M3/M4 Competition Ms - not sure what peoples views are on them?

I will add, seen quite a few RS3s on the road now, especially in my area, lots of SBs in Black and Daytona Grey and my word the stance when lowered...they do look good and aggressive and makes me excited about the thought of owning one again!
Liverpool Audi look to have the spec you have on order in stock.