RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Looks as if there won't be much happening over the summer months leading into the Autumn l wonder if this is representative of all UK/righthand drive car production of the RS3 8Y? or is the chip/Putin...situation at it's peak?

I think the Dealer would be delighted if you cancelled at that point - they will put the car on sale and sell at a much higher margin.

That's why I am waiting until the car is ready and not bailing now. I'll look at the market at the time and then work out if I can sell it on easily, but I've just spent the RS3 funds on a 981 Boxster GTS so will need to get some more cash ready or finance the RS3 at the time of delivery so I can actually pay for it.

I currently have no faith that the September build week is real, given it's the third BW i've been given.

Reactions: 3vans and Snake Pliskin
Last update I had was that build should start today. Emailed the salesman on Friday, got his out of office until 25th

I could ring the dealership and ask for someone else to check but it won’t change anything so I figure I’ll just live in hope for another week until he’s back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill
Last update I had was that build should start today. Emailed the salesman on Friday, got his out of office until 25th

I could ring the dealership and ask for someone else to check but it won’t change anything so I figure I’ll just live in hope for another week until he’s back.

I admire your restraint. I would be on to that dealership!!

Only the third! I’ve had 7 different weeks now. It’s getting past a joke!
Delivery March>BW24>BW23>BW12>BW19>BW23>BW25>>

Good Morning All,
Few members have had their build weeks in May now being shifted into June onwards. The positive's indicate quite a few members cars are being slotted into the 2nd half of 2022 to 2023 as an estimated allocation.

I think you missed my update last week - mine has moved from unconfirmed build week 34 to 29.

Reactions: RS03???
Just had what I presume is a fairly generic email from Audi. Second time I’ve had this, so not sure if something happening in their systems triggers it?

“Right now, we're gathering all the various materials and parts needed to create your new Audi A3. Then it's onto the production line to be assembled.
We’ll give you regular updates as delivery gets closer. If you have any questions about your model in the meantime, contact your local Audi Centre with your order number to hand.”

Just had what I presume is a fairly generic email from Audi. Second time I’ve had this, so not sure if something happening in their systems triggers it?

“Right now, we're gathering all the various materials and parts needed to create your new Audi A3. Then it's onto the production line to be assembled.
We’ll give you regular updates as delivery gets closer. If you have any questions about your model in the meantime, contact your local Audi Centre with your order number to hand.”
Audi Spam as its now known mate

Reactions: RS03??? and jaypers777

Lol production line is as long as the equator…

Reactions: jaypers777 and Jassyo06
I ordered in September (I think) and never had a single ‘Audi’ email, just contact with my salesman.

Reactions: cooperp
Morning. Sunday again, another quiet week apart from couple of spam email to members, inadvertently raising expectations "again".
As there are batch of estimated Build Weeks around June, hopefully we may see some positive confirmation of production rolling again.
RS3 cars on AT have increased a tiny amount and yet none are being sold. 4 from Private sellers and 110+ from Dealers.
Greedy/Opportunistic Dealers, probably now contemplating their quick-buck! strategy, with the worsening decline in economy.

Reactions: Jay 1234, kayemill, jaypers777 and 3 others
Greedy/Opportunistic Dealers, probably now contemplating their quick-buck! strategy, with the worsening decline in economy.
Hope they get stuck with em!
Mind you all they got to do is sell them at list to ppl on the waiting list! Radical!!!
I noticed JCT600 have had 3 in stock for a few weeks. 2 of them have been reduced by £5k at £64.5k standard and £65k Carbon. A third 2021 standard is £83k :sign wow: good luck getting that!

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
Mind you all they got to do is sell them at list to ppl on the waiting list! Radical!!!
I noticed JCT600 have had 3 in stock for a few weeks. 2 of them have been reduced by £5k at £64.5k standard and £65k Carbon. A third 2021 standard is £83k :sign wow: good luck getting that!
Shocking... it is.. The months of May,June and July in the motor trade are normally quiet always have been barring the summer of 2020 ....and it was then the hike in prices begun....prices will continue to stay high throughout 22 and we'll into 23 ....l don't see prestige manufacturer really catching up with back orders ....ie Audi ...Unless the crisis in Ukraine comes to a halt soon ????? If not car makers may have to cancel a lot of orders themselves .....

Reactions: RS03???, 3vans and dousedinmud
I’ve seen exactly the same with the Vorsprung Audi Nottingham has. Started at 74k at 67.5k now, can only have been on sale for 4/5 weeks. Comical.

Reactions: RS03??? and 3vans
I’ve seen exactly the same with the Vorsprung Audi Nottingham has. Started at 74k at 67.5k now, can only have been on sale for 4/5 weeks. Comical.
The RS is always going to be a bit of a niche market and I suspect that the small number of people willing to pay way over the odds for their RS3 have now already done so. We are all far too sensible on here to be ripped off, and speaking personally I will stick with my brilliant S3 until the new baby is finally built………one day……..hopefully!

Reactions: Terminator x, RS03??? and 3vans
Hmmm!
The dealer DCC configurator no longer has any A3 listed!
model 2023 update pending??
https://dcc-1.audi.de/controller?next=intro-page&mandant=dcc-uk-audi
Browncardboardcar
the 2023 specification......

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, kayemill, Jaeger12 and 5 others
The RS is always going to be a bit of a niche market and I suspect that the small number of people willing to pay way over the odds for their RS3 have now already done so. We are all far too sensible on here to be ripped off, and speaking personally I will stick with my brilliant S3 until the new baby is finally built………one day……..hopefully!
Yeah totally agree. Can do without the 11% APR on the used cars. Like you say just a waiting game now, fingers crossed we see some positive movement on the build weeks.

Yeah totally agree. Can do without the 11% APR on the used cars. Like you say just a waiting game now, fingers crossed we see some positive movement on the build weeks.

Most brokers will get you an APR of around 6.9% on used cars at the moment

Reactions: dousedinmud
Most brokers will get you an APR of around 6.9% on used cars at the moment

I personally wouldn't buy a used RS3 8Y even at 6-9% which is the same as Audi charge for new
I am coming around a little to keeping the car now but I'll know for certain as soon as it arrives on my driveway l have even contemplated other cars one a good bit cheaper but getting one of them is even more difficult than getting RS3 8Y = Focus ST Facelift

Last edited:
Reactions: dousedinmud
Good Morning All,
Few members have had their build weeks in May now being shifted into June onwards. The positive's indicate quite a few members cars are being slotted into the 2nd half of 2022 to 2023 as an estimated allocation.

Good evening, excellent job on the spreadsheet from an outsider, now a member so want to share my order experience, may help others in their path

Wk 33 2021 Original order, Vorsprung, informed by dealer it would be Mar 22 for best case delivery

Wk 37 2021, Est delivery May 22, So changed to CB due to supply chain issues (Panoramic roof)

Dec 2021 build week 8

Wk 05 2022, test drive LE at dearlership, after build week being knocked back to Wk 15

Wk 14 2022, knock back to Wk 19

Wk 16 2022, were are under way e mail received from Audi UK

Wk 19 2022, We are done here e mail received from Audi UK, your car has been built

Wk 19 2022, confirmation from audi dealership that car has been built

Wk 19 2022, vehicle in port awaiting transportation

Vehicle details, SB CB Kemora grey, Order ID 3143xxxx, drivers assit, RS Adaptive suspension

Reactions: Cheifweasel, kayemill, 3vans and 3 others
Good evening, excellent job on the spreadsheet from an outsider, now a member so want to share my order experience, may help others in their path

Wk 33 2021 Original order, Vorsprung, informed by dealer it would be Mar 22 for best case delivery

Wk 37 2021, Est delivery May 22, So changed to CB due to supply chain issues (Panoramic roof)

Dec 2021 build week 8

Wk 05 2022, test drive LE at dearlership, after build week being knocked back to Wk 15

Wk 14 2022, knock back to Wk 19

Wk 16 2022, were are under way e mail received from Audi UK

Wk 19 2022, We are done here e mail received from Audi UK, your car has been built

Wk 19 2022, confirmation from audi dealership that car has been built

Wk 19 2022, vehicle in port awaiting transportation

Vehicle details, SB CB Kemora grey, Order ID 3143xxxx, drivers assit, RS Adaptive suspension
Welcome @Druidman, Useful information, added to Spreadsheet. Its been very quiet on Builds since end of March, wondering if this is the start of the next batch of build announcements, we are all awaiting on.

Welcome @Druidman, Useful information, added to Spreadsheet. Its been very quiet on Builds since end of March, wondering if this is the start of the next batch of build announcements, we are all awaiting on.
My order will be canceled so if you want you can remove me

My order will be canceled so if you want you can remove me
Will do thanks.
Have to do the same on mine next week, once my deposit is back in my bank as any other option of other than cancel is not worth the hassle as my Buildweek is at the end of the year and is still an estimate.

Car has been built and left the factory

Reactions: Rhurs, jaypers777, Terminator x and 5 others
Will do thanks.
Have to do the same on mine next week, once my deposit is back in my bank as any other option of other than cancel is not worth the hassle as my Buildweek is at the end of the year and is still an estimate.
My one its april 2023

@RS03???

Some good news, my dealer just messaged and said my build has come forward 30 weeks or so to bw 35 from 2303 if you'd like to update.

Reactions: 3vans and RS03???
We have @doctor and @UncleRick awaiting delivery in 2021 as the earliest on the waiting list. Not much activity from them since Nov 2021 on ASN. So either Picked up their cars or Cancelled. Will see if any response, then will delete from the list.
We have the below scheduled for Apr 22 onwards,
Wonder if @Jeff Bates and @garethdj have had any updates from Audi on the progress.

@Jeff Bates - 2214 (Apr)
@garethdj 2215 (Apr)
@Zohaib 2220 (May)
@billymc92 2220 (May)
@Ross1 2220 (May)
Had a call today of build week 21 confirmed

Reactions: kayemill, 3vans and RS03???
Get the impression from recent posts that something seems to be happening. Will have to ask my dealer whether anything has changed with my build date at all.