RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

I do feel that this is a positive sign where maybe dealerships up until recently have been registering and selling at a marked up price. I’ve noticed these over inflated cars not selling quickly which may indicate that the people willing to pay these sums are now few and far between. Gives a little bit of hope that cars may now crop up, although seems they will disappear rapidly too.
3 cars ....all sold instantly l see it as 3 folks that got extremely lucky and these cars where sold to either relatives or friends of Audi sales/staff l used to be up beat and positive about this situation with Audi ....but its now getting worse....Most of us on here are now into the first quarter of 2023 after ordering in August/September/October...Audi should stop taking orders of this car....because as time goes on production will stop or Audi will cancel customer orders they've got the audacity to put the exclusive paint colours back on the site....its at least a 16 months wait for one so your order now is into 2024??? The year it will be face lifted

Reactions: jaypers777
If you are looking to order in the USA... Best right now is to get on the waitlist, but beware of the Additional Dealer Markups (ADM) being listed all over the place.

I just ordered a 2022 RS3, and I will say that Audi San Diego is trying to charge ridiculous 20k ADM. I told them I will be taking my business elsewhere, and ordered mine from Brian Spaner (770-243-5611) at Jim Ellis Audi of Atlanta. Super easy, not ADM, charged MSRP, and he was even willing to set up shipping. I told him I'd just fly out once its available, and use the drive back as a break in drive. Just goes to show why Jim Ellis Audi is rated #1 Audi dealer for 2021!

Reactions: Stu-27, Jassyo06, kayemill and 2 others
Awesome news this morning, build has moved to week 7 2023..

• Wow
Reactions: jaypers777, RS03??? and kayemill
Awesome news this morning, build has moved to week 7 2023..
Updated, just checked, Exclusive Colour and Vorsprung, not bad as some Daytona Grey(s) still awaiting Build Week from the same period of order.

Reactions: jaypers777
Had to phone dealer for an update.
Moved from bw 35 to bw 18 this year. Still unconfirmed though.

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill
Never know, its like getting a notification from the dealer, your car is at the port, out of the blue.
Very true in current times.
Just funny it's unconfirmed and in the past... you'd think they'd know of its started build or not

He said week 18 and then said july was tired so didnt think of it much.

There is simply not many people left who want overpay for cars
It doesnt matter what brand of car you buy right now for example
Yer average Joe is paying over the odds on that windscreen sticker price on that "for example" a Kia Sportage and then paying way over the odds on the interest rate 10% is the average rate...there's a couple of new facelifted Focus ST 's on Autotrader asking price is £40/£41k that's a £6k mark up...But in Ford's Defence they've removed the Focus ST and other models from their website so they can't be ordered other manufacturers should do the same.....and that's what Audi should do....but they're not honest at all and willing to accept folks deposits...to keep the dealerships ticking over and its in your best interests that prices do remain high and others who've paid over list....because if you've purchased your over priced RS3 on finance and prices go back to normal well that leaves a few thousand pound to find....come end of term or when you want sell on

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DarrenFFC
Yer average Joe is paying over the odds on that windscreen sticker price on that "for example" a Kia Sportage and then paying way over the odds on the interest rate 10% is the average rate...there's a couple of new facelifted Focus ST 's on Autotrader asking price is £40/£41k that's a £6k mark up...But in Ford's Defence they've removed the Focus ST and other models from their website so they can't be ordered other manufacturers should do the same.....and that's what Audi should do....but they're not honest at all and willing to accept folks deposits...to keep the dealerships ticking over
sure

i check and there is focus st on ford website :p btw looks horrible

Mine's still BW8 2023. I've just resigned myself to it not arriving anytime soon and will stop the regular checking as the position is very unlikely to change and all it does is wind me up. I will just wait until it arrives, knowing that I got my order in before the price rises and will absolutely not pay a flipper a premium over list no matter how much I would like the car now.

• Sad
Reactions: RS03??? and dousedinmud
Update on mine is now unconfirmed week 40.
All of the shifting of BW Left or Right, although unconfirmed, may be a sign of the factory juggling for the specific batch runs, by body type, variant and colour. Will glance over the spreadsheet for a pattern and will advance to "Tasseography" :teapot:

Reactions: kayemill, Jassyo06 and Jaeger12
Yer average Joe is paying over the odds on that windscreen sticker price on that "for example" a Kia Sportage and then paying way over the odds on the interest rate 10% is the average rate...there's a couple of new facelifted Focus ST 's on Autotrader asking price is £40/£41k that's a £6k mark up...But in Ford's Defence they've removed the Focus ST and other models from their website so they can't be ordered other manufacturers should do the same.....and that's what Audi should do....but they're not honest at all and willing to accept folks deposits...to keep the dealerships ticking over and its in your best interests that prices do remain high and others who've paid over list....because if you've purchased your over priced RS3 on finance and prices go back to normal well that leaves a few thousand pound to find....come end of term or when you want sell on
it's even migrated into the holiday Industry now hasn't with Tour operators taking orders for holidays they can't fulfil.
Whole thing is a mess atm - cars / holidays / many things.

Reactions: Terminator x and Jassyo06
No it doesn't lol I am heading into my 9 month ....sometimes l say f##k it am selling on...sometimes l feel like keeping....seesaw....
Lol … I feel for ya mate. I’m not sure what I’ve have done given that length of wait. At least you’re 9 months in

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi, I'm from Canberra, Australia.

At the end of January 2022 I ordered a Sportback, Kemora Gray Metallic, Exterior mirror housings in Aluminum Look, Matte aluminium styling package, Roof rails in aluminium, RS design package plus (Red). A5786WDN

I was told at the time the wait time was going to be twelve months and if I didn't de-option the 360 camera it will probably be longer. The dealer has kept me updated when the order went to 'frozen' status (end of March) (at the same time they offered me to take their newly arrived S3 sedan demonstrator for a Friday afternoon drive - by myself! It came back a bit second hand, but I can vouch for the night and day handling from my previous gen S3 to the new platform).

Anyway, got an email from the sales rep today advising the order is in the factory and they have assigned a VIN.

Can anyone help me with some feedback how long it may take to leave the factory from here? Obviously shipping to Australia is a wee bit longer than to the UK.

Jason
Got an email from the dealer yesterday afternoon, production is finished and the car is At Sea heading to Australia :) just on 5 weeks In Production. Let’s see how long the boat takes.

Reactions: kayemill, VAGRANT and Jaeger12
Broker has informed me my order now week 30 (Moved From 39)

Reactions: kayemill, 3vans and Jaeger12