RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

I just heard today my car - ordered on LAUNCH DAY has moved from week 36 to week 3 of 2023... so don't expect a car anytime soon. I have had an LE for a couple of months now and I am very happy I have it considering the delay. I would be very unhappy now if I didn't have it.
So which shameful dealer was this with?

Much is he taking and is it just a new car detail plus a ceramic?

Much as in price or or time? £700, will be ready Tuesday but my Salesman is off until Wednesday so the detailer said that’s actually better, more time for the coating to cure.

Yes essentially but it’s getting full surface protection so paintwork, glass, trims, wheels, leather, carpets etc.

Car pro 4 year coating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
I just heard today my car - ordered on LAUNCH DAY has moved from week 36 to week 3 of 2023... so don't expect a car anytime soon. I have had an LE for a couple of months now and I am very happy I have it considering the delay. I would be very unhappy now if I didn't have it.
I have no choice but wait as Riviera Blue was a absolute must have for myself plus l have the use of the Mrs ok only a fiesta but l have saved a lot of money over the last 9 months by not having a fancy Audi

Eagerly anticipating an update on mine later on today from the dealer. Hoping it has at least made it to these shores already.

Dealer has updated me and advised

week 3 of 2023
I mean honestly, this isn't acceptable - the same position as you and I ordered 11 August 2021 - to order on launch day and not have the car for 18 months is terrible.

This isn't a hand-built Bugatti. It is made in a factory.

Reactions: Wilko50, Terminator x and 3vans
I mean honestly, this isn't acceptable - the same position as you and I ordered 11 August 2021 - to order on launch day and not have the car for 18 months is terrible.

from what we have witnessed over the last year, I bet the dealers took the opportunity to push in 100 odd orders well before us, when the LE's were ordered and now most are stagnating , instead of being on the road.

Reactions: Wilko50 and 3vans
Was told earlier in the week mine now has a provisional build date of week 11 2023, a car I ordered 3rd September.
Yeah it’s a mess but the dealer probably has dozens like me all waiting impatiently so no pointing venting at him.
I still have my fully optioned 8v saloon and after reading all the disappointments with the 8Y - trim, noise, fbsw etc… I can’t help think it’ll be a slight disappointment when it does eventually turn up.

• Sad
Reactions: Jassyo06 and RS03???
Was told earlier in the week mine now has a provisional build date of week 11 2023, a car I ordered 3rd September.
Yeah it’s a mess but the dealer probably has dozens like me all waiting impatiently so no pointing venting at him.
I still have my fully optioned 8v saloon and after reading all the disappointments with the 8Y - trim, noise, fbsw etc… I can’t help think it’ll be a slight disappointment when it does eventually turn up.

Crikey I ordered mine after you and it's been pushed to end of October.

Very strange, some of the aug21 orders now being updated with weeks in 2023. Should have had a few builds coming through about now.. nothing!

018EA400 E747 402C A5C7 A6E1A42C0B60

I spend my days sending passive aggressive messages to the Audi Uk press office, makes me feel better for a bit. They haven’t responded yet…

I have said this before and I'll repeat it again l have never read or viewed as much hype about a car as the RS3 8Y since the launch of MK7 Golf R....its beginning to subside now and add in how expensive the car is/can be... Now the Economy being what it is with increasing price of fuel etc etc ....maybe it'll be Audi uk who'll end up with cars they can't sell?? I ******* hope so

I think it is pointless having a go at Audi PR about the car release. They have press cars and don't have any influence on production.
As for giving the cars to influencers - I never got an RS3 from Audi PR; despite them knowing me and asking literally every week.

As for that story @dousedinmud that was an influencer event where they had an afternoon and short 15-20 min drives and they went through the entire range (which I also didn't get an invite to however humbly bragging I am going to go on track at Goodwood FOS next week with Lamborghini so I am not too broken up!).

It’s not a great position to be in. I sold my 8V RS3 in February and thought it wouldn’t be too long.

I Placed my order early February.

Reactions: Spinstorm
I think it is pointless having a go at Audi PR about the car release. They have press cars and don't have any influence on production.
As for giving the cars to influencers - I never got an RS3 from Audi PR; despite them knowing me and asking literally every week.

As for that story @dousedinmud that was an influencer event where they had an afternoon and short 15-20 min drives and they went through the entire range (which I also didn't get an invite to however humbly bragging I am going to go on track at Goodwood FOS next week with Lamborghini so I am not too broken up!).
Yeah to be fair I’m not really bothered. The purpose of a PR department is to sell said product. I just find it amusing that they’re shoving the RS 3 down everyone’s throat and they literally can’t fulfill demand from August last year. It’s embarrassing.

I work in supply chain and we’re having issues due to Far East lockdowns etc, we’ve made a strategic decision not to promote those products because it’s the right thing to do. Seems to be a mystery to Audi UK.
There’s build slots available for RS 4’s and they don’t seem to be pushing that model.

Reactions: RS03???, Jassyo06 and Jaeger12
So my official collection day from the dealer will be this Wednesday, can’t wait!

I had an ‘end of day 1’ video from the detailer yesterday, it’s looking good!

Reactions: kayemill, RS3ree, Jaeger12 and 4 others
So my official collection day from the dealer will be this Wednesday, can’t wait!

I had an ‘end of day 1’ video from the detailer yesterday, it’s looking good!

That’s brilliant mate. Please make sure we see pictures from every angle. I’m hopefully not too far behind you but mine is still waiting for a boat at Emden. Dealer is hoping delivery first week of July.

Reactions: garethdj, kayemill and P40L
Does anyone know whether Audis go into Port Of Tyne and/or Grimsby? Just being a saddo and tracking a few car shipping movements :)

Reactions: kayemill
Grimsby i think. My order form says once built it will go to Grimsby. Might be both though if others can elaborate further?

So got email today saying my status has went to status 20 so locked into BW27. Should be ready end of august but I’ll get them to wait till 1st September to get new plate. So over a year wait and I ordered the day the books opened last august and was meant to get it January this year….

So on that note, my launch edition is going up for sale soon if anyone knows anyone looking. Kemora grey sportback.

Reactions: garethdj, 3vans, RS03??? and 2 others
Does anyone know whether Audis go into Port Of Tyne and/or Grimsby? Just being a saddo and tracking a few car shipping movements :)

I know for Scotland they use Port of Tyne. I still have the app from when ours arrived.

Mine went to Tyne but I did get it from Tyneside Audi

So got email today saying my status has went to status 20 so locked into BW27. Should be ready end of august but I’ll get them to wait till 1st September to get new plate. So over a year wait and I ordered the day the books opened last august and was meant to get it January this year….

So on that note, my launch edition is going up for sale soon if anyone knows anyone looking. Kemora grey sportback.
Nice one, you not fancy the LE over your vorsprung? , I'm just trying to work out whether to try and alter my offshore rotation so I can be home when mine arrives mines not locked in as yet mind

Nice one, you not fancy the LE over your vorsprung? , I'm just trying to work out whether to try and alter my offshore rotation so I can be home when mine arrives mines not locked in as yet mind
The vorsprung is the colour I wanted. Didn’t get to pick the colour on my LE

Reactions: Joey Slats
Morning All,
Summary:
@Druidman , picked up his car last week (Thursday) . Congratulations. Pictures pls.
@garethdj should be picking up his car this week. Pictures pls.
@jaypers777 , should be landing in UK soil this week.
@3vans [finally] and @billymc92 have had their BW confirmed and status 20. (Confirmed).
*** Interestingly, @3vans was has the earliest FACTORY order entry on our little spreadsheet for a RS3 8Y. Patiently waiting almost a year.
Few are now getting their orders slotted into early 2023, including Vorsprung orders placed in 2021 August. 15+,month wait time.
Getting a feel, the volumes of car being manufactured for UK appears to be slowing down, instead of the expected ramp-up for the 2nd half of the year. (lets hope my crystal ball gaze is wrong).

Reactions: Druidman, Mastachaz, kayemill and 5 others
Morning All,
Summary:
@Druidman , picked up his car last week (Thursday) . Congratulations. Pictures pls.
@3vans [finally] and @billymc92 have had their BW confirmed and status 20. (Confirmed).
*** Interestingly, @3vans was has the earliest FACTORY order entry on our little spreadsheet for a RS3 8Y. Patiently waiting almost a year.
Few are now getting their orders slotted into early 2023, including Vorsprung orders placed in 2021 August. 15+,month wait time.
Getting a feel, the volumes of car being manufactured for UK appears to be slowing down, instead of the expected ramp-up for the 2nd half of the year. (lets hope my crystal ball gaze is wrong).

Pictures will come for sure! [mention]RS03??? [/mention] big thanks for maintaining this thread/list on behalf of everyone.

Reactions: jaypers777, kayemill, RS03??? and 1 other person
Morning All,
Summary:

Looks like production of UK cars on this forum will be temporarily stopped til October/November

Looks like production of UK cars on this forum will be temporarily stopped til October/November
Could be the impact of books opened globally and continued constrain on factory production does not lend itself.

Could be the impact of books opened globally and continued constrain on factory production does not lend itself.
Supplying larger markets firstly North American etc etc l was going to mention that

Reactions: RS03???
My dealer has confirmed today that my build week of 08 2023 has been removed. He is speaking to Audi next week to find out why and when a reallocated date will be given. Sounds like they are pulling all dates as advised. What a bunch of a-holes. They could at least have the decency to make contact directly to explain why they are a shower of :pileofpoop:. I am at the Goodwood festival of speed next week and a few new cars are being launched there (inc new BMW M3 touring). If i like something else, I may well change my order as the wait is likely to be similar. I have been buying VW/Audi vehicles since 1994 and have lost count of the number of cars ordered. My two eldest kids are learning to drive and I was going to get them both Q3's. Based on how they are showing a complete disregard for customers and for one who has been a customer for 27 years, think I will out of principal buy a different make !!

• Sad
Reactions: Terminator x and Jaeger12
My dealer has confirmed today that my build week of 08 2023 has been removed. He is speaking to Audi next week to find out why and when a reallocated date will be given. Sounds like they are pulling all dates as advised. What a bunch of a-holes. They could at least have the decency to make contact directly to explain why they are a shower of :pileofpoop:. I am at the Goodwood festival of speed next week and a few new cars are being launched there (inc new BMW M3 touring). If i like something else, I may well change my order as the wait is likely to be similar. I have been buying VW/Audi vehicles since 1994 and have lost count of the number of cars ordered. My two eldest kids are learning to drive and I was going to get them both Q3's. Based on how they are showing a complete disregard for customers and for one who has been a customer for 27 years, think I will out of principal buy a different make !!
That’s rubbish mate, when did they give you the 08/23 build date?

That’s rubbish mate, when did they give you the 08/23 build date?
I got the build week at the end of April. Was hoping that it was not going to be moved as that would have meant an 18 month lead time from order to delivery.

You never know, they might surprise me and advise that I have been allocated a cancelled order that has just been made which was why the build slot was removed (oh look, a flying pig :tearsofjoy:) , but in reality, I am expecting a confirmation that it will be moved backwards. Still, I may see something more appealing at FOS next Saturday.

Reactions: dousedinmud and Jassyo06
That sucks mate honestly it does .....l spoke to my dealer a few months ago about build weeks and l asked the Question...would Audi cancel my order ....he replied "l don't think they will" 'not a out and out No l have been waiting nearly 10 months less than you have l was initially given week 47 now week 49 ...l expect it to get pushed into 2023 ....in the coming months its been 2 months since l contacted my dealer....I'll contact him again in a few months time and how the land lays then

Reactions: dousedinmud