RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

What is this "getting Updates" you speak of?
My "Supplying Dealer" (oh the irony as I write that) Doesn't even respond when I request an update now. Having been a Salesman in the Car industry I do have sympathy. My Wrath largely resides with Audi UK & their occasional condescending Bulletins.......
Mines the same, Whetstone

Had my biweekly update today, Still BW 2311 but now shows as a MY23 car.

Anything MY 23 has GY-PA******** chassis number.
Effective from 1/6/2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3vans and Daggerit
Anything MY 23 has GY-PA******** chassis number.
Effective from 1/6/2022

Mine should be a MY23 with a WK28 build date then. Hopefully they've not sneakily removed anything else for the MY23's.

Off topic slightly but l purchased a in stock new car today for the Mrs but during the time waiting on the said dealer getting back to me l contacted a other dealer closer to home about a factory order that dealer told me it was realistically a 10 month's lead time but the manufacturer quotes 7 months plus one option the in stock car had this manufacturer has just stopped adding/producing it as a option...the car is a Ford Fiesta and the option is a panoramic roof ...just kind of sums car manufacturing at the moment ...so anyone that gets their RS3 8Y this side of December....is very very lucky .....or for that matter any new car at all the new Fiesta in stock is rarer than hen teeth....even more so the spec on the car l purchased a very highly optioned one ....l wanted one like this as l have to drive it for the next 10 months ....waiting on the unicorn of A3's...

Reactions: NevMan
Racing mica might be my new favourite colour. Saw an exclusive advertised with mocca or something was…unusual

Mocha Latte a colour as old as the hills ....very 1970s Ford Cortina....my dad had a Cortina Ghia in this colour

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-192715_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-192715_Chrome.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: mb127 and 8YARWY
Aberdeen audi advertising a tango red vorsprung sb for September delivery tonight if anyone wants the chance to get one quicker

Morning All,
Not much to shout out about.. apart from build-weeks in Nov being pulled due to model change and more uncertainty and waiting and waiting.

Reactions: Jassyo06, kayemill, Jay 1234 and 2 others
Morning All,
Not much to shout out about.. apart from build-weeks in Nov being pulled due to model change and more uncertainty and waiting and waiting.

You can stick my confirmed build date down as 2228, although I won't get my hopes up until the broker gets back to me saying it's actually in build.

Aberdeen audi advertising a tango red vorsprung sb for September delivery tonight if anyone wants the chance to get one quicker
This is where I’ve got my RS 4 from, seems like one of the best dealerships. He offered me this one too, think it’s sold now.

Reactions: Rhurs
This is where I’ve got my RS 4 from, seems like one of the best dealerships. He offered me this one too, think it’s sold now.
I would be amazed if it’s not sold. Heard that the rare occasions new stock goes up, it’s gone within about 20mins!

My original order placed only in April is now ‘In Build’………I’m still getting the emails. New customer obviously has it and they changed the colour to black. Some weird things happening with build dates at present it seems. Also no idea whether the actual dealership has an influence on anything. As you can tell from my earlier posts, Crewe Audi seem great if you’re not in Scotland!

So it looks like my BW29 has vanished.
My dealer tells me no news on a build week this year so far.
But on the brighter side, Audi have offered me a free 2yr service plan.

Reactions: Cheifweasel and RS3ree
So it looks like my BW29 has vanished.
My dealer tells me no news on a build week this year so far.
But on the brighter side, Audi have offered me a free 2yr service plan.
Updated, BW being pulled, when so close and Sportsback.

So what are peoples thoughts on which of the following will happen first………Their RS3 delivery or Boris’s resignation? :)

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill and Cheifweasel
Updated, BW being pulled, when so close and Sportsback.
Mine is still apparently due to start on Monday so I'm hoping it doesn't get pulled too... Hopefully I'll have an update in the next couple weeks with whether it's actually building or not.

Reactions: RS3ree, garethdj and RS03???
Update :( :
VehicleStatus and/or LocationETA to dealership for pre delivery preparation

Audi A3 RS 3 Sportback RS 3 TFSI Quattro Vorsprung S Tronic 5dr (Blue)Awaiting build slotNovember, Build Week has been removed due to model year change

Might the MY change mean 360 cameras back? Or just no seats or steering wheel?
The same happened to me I had BW 27 now 19 of next year!

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans, kayemill, Jaeger12 and 1 other person
I order a Daytona Vorsprung SB last year the week the order books opened. Had BW 27 then the order disappeared and came back as BW 19, 2023! I have spoken many times with Audi UK and the dealer and they offer no explanation. I know for a fact that a Audi Dealer local to me is having a car which they ordered to replace their demo in September. If you look on Auto Trader there are non franchised dealers who have ordered multiple cars after I placed my order expecting delivery soon! Shrewsbury Audi and Audi you are just a joke!

• Angry
Reactions: cooperp and 3vans
I order a Daytona Vorsprung SB last year the week the order books opened. Had BW 27 then the order disappeared and came back as BW 19, 2023! I have spoken many times with Audi UK and the dealer and they offer no explanation. I know for a fact that a Audi Dealer local to me is having a car which they ordered to replace their demo in September. If you look on Auto Trader there are non franchised dealers who have ordered multiple cars after I placed my order expecting delivery soon! Shrewsbury Audi and Audi you are just a joke!
That's pretty crap, I ordered not long after you with the same spec car (plus carbon brakes) and allegedly getting built next week. I really don't understand how they're allocating builds and things, it really doesn't make sense. I wonder if they just have a random number generator for order numbers and just make them up as random orders ping up...

I feel for you mate. This whole situation is *ucked up!
Mine was supposed to be built last week but I'm too scared to ask for an update, dealer said they would update me mid/late July to arrange delivery!

Reactions: Daggerit
I feel for you mate. This whole situation is *ucked up!
Mine was supposed to be built last week but I'm too scared to ask for an update, dealer said they would update me mid/late July to arrange delivery!
It is indeed a sad day when a customer is anxious about contacting the dealer for a update bite the bullet mate its better to know

Reactions: 3vans
That's pretty crap, I ordered not long after you with the same spec car (plus carbon brakes) and allegedly getting built next week. I really don't understand how they're allocating builds and things, it really doesn't make sense. I wonder if they just have a random number generator for order numbers and just make them up as random orders ping up...
Well the dealers and Audi UK say it a Audi Germany decision, I have no idea but it is not fair,

I think my dealer has sold my car to someone else and reordered mine, he sent me a screen shot of the new build week but I could not see my order number. If you are thinking of using Shrewsbury Audi or any of the Jardine Group I would think twice.

Whetstone just as bad.

I think my dealer has sold my car to someone else and reordered mine, he sent me a screen shot of the new build week but I could not see my order number. If you are thinking of using Shrewsbury Audi or any of the Jardine Group I would think twice.
If I thought that was the case then I'd definitely be asking for my order number again to double check. And if it turns out that's what they'd done I'd be straight to Audi UK and Germany head office. I know they can't control some of the reasons for delays, but that sort of thing is surely a legal matter in that you've signed a contract with them for that car order.

Reactions: Patrickv and 3vans
Update today kicked back to Wk45 2022.....

However good news !!! They finally have a demo...... booked myself in for Sat, finally get to try what we've spent the kids inheritance on :grinning:

Reactions: kayemill, RS03???, Terminator x and 1 other person
So June 21st left the factory, today notifed hit UK, probable delivery 2 weeks today!

Reactions: IanL-RS3, kayemill, Daggerit and 7 others
I've worried about this happening all along. I've asked for my original order number.

I've also got the same issue with a GR Yaris I ordered in f'ing June last year.

I’m looking to place an order on a RS3 Vorsprung in grey. I’m resigned to the fact for the first time ever I’m going to get 0% discount but see cars going used for way over list with a few from dealers I’d not want to deal with. Given used doesn’t attract vat these cars are 30% over new.

What is the real world timeline from order to delivery (car is on the drive) are we looking at? Is it that bad you’d buy a used instead at way over list?

I’m looking to place an order on a RS3 Vorsprung in grey. I’m resigned to the fact for the first time ever I’m going to get 0% discount but see cars going used for way over list with a few from dealers I’d not want to deal with. Given used doesn’t attract vat these cars are 30% over new.

What is the real world timeline from order to delivery (car is on the drive) are we looking at? Is it that bad you’d buy a used instead at way over list?
Hi. Wow, what a question but you’re in the right place. Following is just my take on it, but here goes.

It depends on many things, including luck. I only ordered in April, but was a lucky bar-steward and got a cancellation and picked up my new Vorsprung at the end of June. Many on here have been waiting an absolute age. To add to my story, my original order was allocated to someone else and they changed the colour to Mythos Black. That order is now ‘In Build’.

I think you need to find a good dealership who will take care of you. Seems that some are better than others and there are some theories that certain dealers get a better bite of the apple. Mine was Audi in Crewe who clearly seem to try to go the extra mile. Would call around and I would ask the question whether if someone else cancels and it’s ahead of your order if they would let you jump ahead etc.

There is also some discussion that saloons seem quicker than Sportbacks but again it’s all speculation.

So find a good dealer and keep on board here too.

Sure others will be happy to also impart their wisdom. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03??? and TonyF1