RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Yes so far in advance does not really mean anything, but at the moment with no date, it could be 2024! I do need to have a rough idea of lead time as it helps to understand likely px value in my existing car and the balance I need to settle for the new car. The longer it takes, the more money I will be contributing as 2nd hand values are starting to wane and may well decline a fair bit over the next year and half as people start to hold onto their money. Might be worth selling my car now and just using my wife's car until the new one arrives although this would be a bit of a nightmare and not knowing how long I would need to do so is putting me off doing it.
I took advantage of high used car prices and sold my 5 month old TTS Vorsprung almost 11 months ago and have been driving my wife's car ever since

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
The same happened to me I had BW 27 now 19 of next year!
Just out of curiosity why did you order with Shrewsbury audi and not Hereford? I live in Shrewsbury and I have 2 audi's I've had nothing but problems with Shrewsbury audi so much so I've ordered my rs3 from Hereford. So why not Hereford mate?

I have only just ordered mine as I was following this thread and could see it was pointless ordering I've kept in contact with my local dealerships and it seems they all think its picking up now all except for VS editions they think could take as long as 18months for some reason. I've ordered a turbo blue SB carbon black which out of all 3 dealerships I spoke to said 7months wait. I would rather wait 7 months and pay 7 grand less than line the pockets of these out and out robbers inflating the price.

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
@RS03??? any of it making sense to you?

TX.
Was at the beginning of 2022, when every 2 months batch of cars were coming through, Carbon and Standard version, then the the war around tail end of Feb killed any predictability we were forming. However, dealers were getting the cars and appearing on Auto-Trader. No logic at all. Some Vorsprung's Saloons also came through tail end of Feb-April, with Vorsprungs ordered at the start were skipped for later ordered cars.
Possibly/guessing, cars build slots for UK may be, being scaled down in favour of other bigger new markets. (Audi UK are keeping very, very quiet, if this is the case.)

Reactions: Terminator x and Jassyo06
I have only just ordered mine as I was following this thread and could see it was pointless ordering I've kept in contact with my local dealerships and it seems they all think its picking up now all except for VS editions they think could take as long as 18months for some reason. I've ordered a turbo blue SB carbon black which out of all 3 dealerships I spoke to said 7months wait. I would rather wait 7 months and pay 7 grand less than line the pockets of these out and out robbers inflating the price.
Carbon should be quicker than Vorsprung, not unless a cancelled order comes your way.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Think the panoramic roof slows down lead times for Vorsprung models l had a build week of 47 at that point I would of been waiting 14 months it then went to build week 49....ok fair enough...that was in April this year then l contacted my dealer late June....and it had got pushed back to build week 09 of 2023 a huge jump WHY...its because production of right hand drive car for UK market has been somewhat pushed aside for other larger more lucrative markets tha6t the only reason l can think of for such a large push back/delay of build week and l can't see it moving forward

Think the panoramic roof slows down lead times for Vorsprung models l had a build week of 47 at that point I would of been waiting 14 months it then went to build week 49....ok fair enough...that was in April this year then l contacted my dealer late June....and it had got pushed back to build week 09 of 2023 a huge jump WHY...its because production of right hand drive car for UK market has been somewhat pushed aside for other larger more lucrative markets tha6t the only reason l can think of for such a large push back/delay of build week and l can't see it moving forward
I genuinely feel for you bud but to be fair you've stuck with it you deserve to be pi**ed off though but it is what it is I suppose things out of your control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Carbon should be quicker than Vorsprung, not unless a cancelled order comes your way.
Yeah the dealer I ordered with said its picking up now he doesn't think it will be as long as people think. I'm thinking 12 months for my carbon black SB anything before is a bonus. Can I say thanks for doing the table like others said before it's very useful and I'm sure many appreciate you taking the time to do it so Thankyou RS

Reactions: RS03???
Good Morning All,
@3vans [Vorspung] & @Cheifweasel [Carbon] have picked up their cars. @3vans presently holds Longest Wait Trophy :trophy: , (very short lived to be sure).
@billymc92 & @K44WMY 's Vorsprung are now in build status and should be with them within weeks,
@Patrickv should be the next in line, however as its a Sportsback, is anyones guess.
@dixiebrook & @Phill6666 joining the spreadsheet list
! There were 23 cars placed on order for the first 2 weeks of books opening with 16 delivered and 6 awaiting patiently, all Vorsprungs.

I wish it was weeks. Dealer doesnt even have a VIN for mine yet. Even then when it lands its going straight to get wrapped. Made sense to get wrapped over ppf. Front end ppf costing £1600 whole car wrapped £2000.

I wish it was weeks. Dealer doesnt even have a VIN for mine yet. Even then when it lands its going straight to get wrapped. Made sense to get wrapped over ppf. Front end ppf costing £1600 whole car wrapped £2000.

If my SB DaG VS doesn't arrive in September I think I'll see what colours are available at what prices and go for a wrap. If not, move on to something else.

Reactions: Jay 1234
whole car 2k ? where?

Spoke to Audi Uk today, only thing they can say whoever you speak to is I don’t know. Audi live up to the image of car sales men.

Like a politician then…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure are, they don’t sell cars just take deposits. Last time I ordered with Audi gave a £8500 deposit and after 12 months still could not deliver the car. No chip shortage or war. Need the deposits and new orders to keep the lights on

Mines been pushed back to week 51. [mention]RS3ree [/mention] yours is still 42

Reactions: RS3ree and Phill6666
language please guys, keep it civil even if you do have an issue with a dealer etc.
If you wish to vent your anger or frustration on the forums please use less colourful wording.

If you have had a confirmed build week they have 10 weeks after that to get your car to you or will need to provide a vehicle

I’ve had nothing from the broker to say that my car is built, it’s still showing as confirmed build week 28 apparently. I would’ve thought it would be built by now if it was going according to plan so I’m not holding my breath for a delivery in the next month or so…

I’ve had nothing from the broker to say that my car is built, it’s still showing as confirmed build week 28 apparently. I would’ve thought it would be built by now if it was going according to plan so I’m not holding my breath for a delivery in the next month or so…

I'm in a similar boat to you. SB DaG VS. BW30. I asked broker last week and there's nothing to say it's been pushed back like other cars he has. But nothing to say it's being built either.

Reactions: Daggerit
Nowt built in August surely, retooling for next MY?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

for sure car its worth wait :) there is nothing else on market now like rs3 :D at least for me hhaa

Reactions: kayemill and 3vans

I had build week confirmed as 26 from MSG (27-06-22). The next update i got was when i asked for an update, was that it was already at the dealer (20-07-22) and delivery could be 1 week later! So yours could already be on its way??? Figures crossed!!

Reactions: Daggerit and RS03???
Same here mate, been watching out for you to get an update, mine is also build week 28, Status 20( which I believe is a confirmed build?) Spoke to dealer and currently no vin or any other information!! So close but so far away!!!

Reactions: Danvman
Same here mate, been watching out for you to get an update, mine is also build week 28, Status 20( which I believe is a confirmed build?) Spoke to dealer and currently no vin or any other information!! So close but so far away!!!
I know bud. This is probably the worst part my dealer did say should have a vin by end of week. So lets see how accurate she is.

I had build week confirmed as 26 from MSG (27-06-22). The next update i got was when i asked for an update, was that it was already at the dealer (20-07-22) and delivery could be 1 week later! So yours could already be on its way??? Figures crossed!!

Yeah it’s through MSG as well so hopefully it’s a similar experience. Thanks!

Reactions: 3vans
@Wilko50 . Sorry to hear this.
Did you ever get a “Confirmed Build week” or were these just unconfirmed?
Mine was due to be built week 26 so I have asked for an update as I haven’t heard anything yet!
Hi 3vans,
I have been given 6 or 7 build weeks but they are unconfirmed and each one just get's shunted back, yesterday I received a further 3 week delay. Now unconfirmed build week 41???

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans
Not good at all, myself and the dealer had the feeling early orders for Vorsprung were put into a holding hole (bin) as timeframe for Vorsprung was not published and then forgotten, while later cars ordered were being delivered as long as they were saloons. At the time of me cancelling my order in June 2022, placed on 13th Aug 2021, still had no build week allocated. Like many others here email/phone-call to Audi UK was a total waste of effort and excuses given were like a broken record. Audi Germany, just pushed it back on UK, all the while cars to dealers were being delivered and then appearing on Autotrader was totally unbelievable and leads to the conclusion that something else is at play on top of the chip & parts shortage.
Ordered a replacement for my wife's focus, had to wait 7 months for a Toyota produced in France, while there enquired about the GR Yaris, which had a lead time on year+ and a waiting list.
Just hope, it gets better in 2023 for Car manufacturing.
Hi M,
Just received notice for the spread sheet of a further delay to my build week, now week 41 unconfirmed.
Hope all well with you. Wilko50

Hi 3vans,
I have been given 6 or 7 build weeks but they are unconfirmed and each one just get's shunted back, yesterday I received a further 3 week delay. Now unconfirmed build week 41???
I also had several build date but it finally came last week, so hang in there @Wilko50
My updates during the process (all from requests for an update - non volunteered) were;
Ordered 11 Aug 2021 = Estimated Delivery March >BW24>BW23>BW12>BW19>BW23>BW25>Confirmed BW26>Delivery Wk30

Reactions: Wilko50, RS03???, kayemill and 1 other person
About time…..

1BC9D2CA 9811 4B2E AFFF DEA2E88E3B97

Reactions: kayemill, IanL-RS3, Rhurs and 2 others
So little update even thpugh im baffled by what it means.
Asked sales woman start of week for update.. told me hopefully have a vin by end of week. Waited till yesterday hoping ahe would email me to let me know. Nothing. So last night i emailed her to ask fot an update. Got this response this morning.

Morning

It’s due to go through final check point on the 26/08/2022

Wtf is final check point? I think ahe talkin thru her **** and fobbin me off?