RS3 Bye bye

Moschops

Reaction score
Well my time with the RS3 is nearly done. :bye:

The replacement is on it's way after a considerable amount of time waiting for it to go into production. However the day is nearly upon me. All being well it should arrive next week. :racer:

I'm not going to state what it is just yet....:p But a couple know.

The RS3 adventure has been mixed, the car itself is great and the engine and transmission on my car brilliant, however things like the brakes saga plus a whole raft of other niggles and the time it's taken to try and get them resolved totally unacceptable...so it's going....:tumble:

I'm staying with the brand but a new machine with lots of toys...:respekt:

I met some really nice people whilst owning the RS3 and I will certainly keep in touch. So watch this space guys and gals....:arco:

Reactions: voorhees, 45bvtc, monkeyboy_marcus and 3 others
I like very much where you've been (as you know) and am interested in where you're going; and sincerely hope your new beastie does 'it' for you, as I'm sure it will; but the RS3 for me remains a perfect all-rounder and it fits easily into my garage too. :o.k:

Reactions: Moschops and DAYTONA 500
I like very much where you've been (as you know) and am interested in where you're going; and sincerely hope your new beastie does 'it' for you, as I'm sure it will; but the RS3 for me remains a perfect all-rounder and it fits easily into my garage too. :o.k:

This where I'm going John....:arco:

Car arrived this very week, the 3 has sat idle for 6 weeks whilst I've been recovering. :doctor:But weather permitting we are off to see the RS4 tomorrow, have you seen the one in Stafford Audi....:anbet:

Will update you when I get back....:beerchug:

Cheers

Wayne

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus and T-800
This where I'm going John....:arco:

Car arrived this very week, the 3 has sat idle for 6 weeks whilst I've been recovering. :doctor:But weather permitting we are off to see the RS4 tomorrow, have you seen the one in Stafford Audi....:anbet:

Will update you when I get back....:beerchug:

Cheers

Wayne

stunning just stunning

best colour as well

only the engine stops me getting one

Reactions: Kelza
Congrats, your RS4 looks awesome, I agree the best colour. I'm guessing a certain detailer is going to be busy!

Now you have surely the best option with the ceramic brakes and what a sound track you've got to enjoy.

Any idea what brand of tyre they've fitted? The long termer evo magazine ran was transformed by a set of Eagle F1s.

Anyway for now this surely means another excuse to watch this again:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Moschops, monkeyboy_marcus and vivalacoulter
But weather permitting we are off to see the RS4 tomorrow, have you seen the one in Stafford Audi....
Cheers

Wayne

But as I keep on saying Wayne, the RS3 for me...

However, we were at Stafford Audi a couple of weeks ago (and yes the RS4 and RS6 where there too) but Phil (the Sales) was just to go out to add some V-power to a brand spanking NEW R8 V10.

Now RS3copilot likes the 'looks' of the R8 (it'll not fit her side of the garage I keep saying) and came over a bit gooey and following the invitation from that nice Mr. Phil (the Sales) went off with him for a quick run: "wanna drive it?" says Phil (the Sales) she tells me later, but she came back in the same seat as she'd went away in with the 'smile' a tad wider.

"Do you wanna go, John?" says Phil (the Sales), "not really says I", as Bluey was sitting there with a set of 4-new Audi TT wheels and tyres in the back and I was keen to get home and get 'em out; and I couldn't see me getting out of an R8 in my side of the garage even accepting I could get the thing in.

RS3copiot prefers her TT anyway; ok, the R8's acceleration's great (as is that of the RS4/6) but she's not that keen :yahoo: and I'm just the same with Bluey, she's a cool tool (for a pair of OAPs).

I do like the RS4 mind but it's not for me; I like the RS3 so Bluey and me are gonna stay together for some time, and I think I've said that before...

As the last line of the AUDI magazine (winter 2013) feature says: "I'll still have it in 10 years time," he says. AND I WILL...

BUT if you do want to show me this new machine then make sure the fuel-tank has got enough in it... :superman:

Last edited:
Reactions: Moschops, T-800 and DAYTONA 500
Dear Wayne, let us know how you feel when compared with the RS3?
I always enjoy the RS3 with its low-end torque, in the RS4, you need to rev it up above 4,000rpm?
I always told myself to wait for the next RS4 with a V6 twin turbo:)
I like the 4WD system of RS4 more to be honest.......

Travelled to see the car on Friday and really chuffed I chose Sprint Blue. Despite being still wrapped up it looks amazing, will add a few pics later. Popped in to see Jay@Miglior Detailing and his good lady on the way home to sort out the finish/detail etc

Good journey although the spray and rain on the way home was miserable. Mrs Choppers did a sterling job at the wheel. I'm unable to drive due to major feet surgery
rs246_ban.gif
so all in all a good day. Got to see the car at long last plus catch up with some great people, thanks to Andrew, Jay and Steph for there time and hospitality yesterday, oh and my wonderful wife for driving
rs246_notworthy.gif

And Betsy blue herself...

Reactions: MBK
is the rs4 on different suspension pre PDI? looks massively high riding? lovely though. just needs the rs3 engine in there!

is the rs4 on different suspension pre PDI? looks massively high riding? lovely though. just needs the rs3 engine in there!

It's not been PDI'd yet, so everything is still in transport mode including the blocks in the suspension. RS3 engine would be lost in the engine bay...:Flush:

I'm so jealous!!! that's the best Audi RS model, IMO!!

Which options have you gone for?

I'm so jealous!!! that's the best Audi RS model, IMO!!

Which options have you gone for?

Loads...

Exclusive Colour ... - any colour in Audi range
rs246_bigblink.gif

Interior Choice(s): Upholstery - RS4 heated front bucket seats in Fine Nappa leather, Black metallic with Rock Grey stitching with Black headlining
Adaptive cruise control with braking guard
Advanced key
Audi Exclusive floor mats with leather piping
Audi Exclusive leather-covered steering wheel
Audi active lane assist
Audi hill-hold assist
Audi parking system advanced
Audi side assist
Bang & Olufsen sound system
CD changer and DVD player
Ceramic brakes - front
Design Package in Carbon for engine bay
Door mirrors - electrically folding, heated and auto dimming, also body coloured..
rs246_bigblink.gif

Driver Assistance Package - Adaptive cruise control with braking guard/Audi parking system advanced/Audi active lane assist
Dynamic steering
Heated seats - front and outer rear (only available when RS4 front bucket seats selected)
High-beam assist
Load area fixing kit - includes load-area rails, telescopic bar and securing belt for dividing up luggage compartment
Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi connect
Open sky panoramic sunroof
Privacy glass - dark tinted rear window, rear door windows and rear side windows
Reversible load floor mat
Side window blinds - manual
Sports Package - 20 '5 V-spoke' alloy wheels in Titanium look finish/Sports suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC)/Dynamic steering/Sports exhaust with black tailpipe trims.
Technology Package - Advanced.

Reactions: MBK
Loads...

Exclusive Colour ... - any colour in Audi range
rs246_bigblink.gif

Interior Choice(s): Upholstery - RS4 heated front bucket seats in Fine Nappa leather, Black metallic with Rock Grey stitching with Black headlining
Adaptive cruise control with braking guard
Advanced key
Audi Exclusive floor mats with leather piping
Audi Exclusive leather-covered steering wheel
Audi active lane assist
Audi hill-hold assist
Audi parking system advanced
Audi side assist
Bang & Olufsen sound system
CD changer and DVD player
Ceramic brakes - front
Design Package in Carbon for engine bay
Door mirrors - electrically folding, heated and auto dimming, also body coloured..
rs246_bigblink.gif

Driver Assistance Package - Adaptive cruise control with braking guard/Audi parking system advanced/Audi active lane assist
Dynamic steering
Heated seats - front and outer rear (only available when RS4 front bucket seats selected)
High-beam assist
Load area fixing kit - includes load-area rails, telescopic bar and securing belt for dividing up luggage compartment
Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi connect
Open sky panoramic sunroof
Privacy glass - dark tinted rear window, rear door windows and rear side windows
Reversible load floor mat
Side window blinds - manual
Sports Package - 20 '5 V-spoke' alloy wheels in Titanium look finish/Sports suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC)/Dynamic steering/Sports exhaust with black tailpipe trims.
Technology Package - Advanced.

Holy.. how much did the lot cost? did you get a discount? Which custom colour is that? is it a huge difference with the quality of the paint compared to metallic or perl finishing?

Plus.. how much did you sell your RS3 for?

Holy.. how much did the lot cost? did you get a discount? Which custom colour is that? is it a huge difference with the quality of the paint compared to metallic or perl finishing?

NOT appropriate questions me thinks so please DON'T answer those Moshops

Reactions: Moschops and DAYTONA 500
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tee-bee

NOT appropriate questions me thinks so please DON'T answer those Moshops. :respekt: to you 8PARSY but more than that its a F*ck*ng Cheek.:asskicking:

Last edited:
Reactions: Moschops