RS3 - CH/LH lights

KKM

Reaction score
Yo!

I recently collected my RS3 from the dealership. Arrived home and started to play around with my settings etc.

My on-board computer does not have any settings for my lights at all? apart from turn signals

I ideally wanted to have the CH/LH lights set up. Called the dealership back and asked if this can be re-programmed by them? only to be told that if its not set-up from the factory, there's no way of a retro fix / update.....

Does anyone know if this is actually true? or can I modify things, if I can find someone with the correct software and knowledge?

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Have you for auto lights? I think VCDS can be reprogrammed to do what you want but I'm sure you'll need the light sensor

I can retrofit that system no worries :)

The proper way requires new windscreen, mirror, sensors & wiring, all would look stock.

Scotland depends if I have anyother work local to you're area.

Sounds like a major job to me

thanks for your help

The proper way requires new windscreen, mirror, sensors & wiring, all would look stock.

Scotland depends if I have anyother work local to you're area.

Whats the cost of doing all that?

Coming Home/Leaving Home lights. When you leave the car you can set the lights to stay on for a pre-determined time and when you unlock the car exactly the same happens. There was a mod for 8P2 versions that incorporated a repair wire and VCDS tweak and was cheap and easy to do even though there was no light sensor......no great shakes having lights on in broad daylight for afew secs. I dont know if this can be incorporated into the new models though. NHN will be able to advise.

If interested in the system, PM for price please.

That's really odd, mine has this feature (only the coming home is enabled by default for 10s). Maybe that's because it comes with the light and rain sensor package?

Yo!

I recently collected my RS3 from the dealership. Arrived home and started to play around with my settings etc.

My on-board computer does not have any settings for my lights at all? apart from turn signals

I ideally wanted to have the CH/LH lights set up. Called the dealership back and asked if this can be re-programmed by them? only to be told that if its not set-up from the factory, there's no way of a retro fix / update.....

Does anyone know if this is actually true? or can I modify things, if I can find someone with the correct software and knowledge?

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Prompted by your post I had a play with the lights menu settings earlier and already had the CH settings to 10 seconds and LH settings off, which I've now changed and like the way my car lights up when unlocked. I assumed this was standard but maybe it relates to the package I got with the car... (what wickedstef said above!)