RS3 Configuration (let's see what you've got then)

No order as I wasn’t prepared to order there and then
Deposit is still on
But will only be then will I get allocated a launch when they can and if they get 1
Not holding much hope so an rs7 instead
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s quite a different car! Lol

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Deposit is still on
But will only be then will I get allocated a launch when they can and if they get 1
Lol

@Keano04 @PeteRS3lee

it sounds like the fundamental difference here is that Keano has been given an actual order no by the dealer for a launch edition car - maybe your dealer was allocated one and was prepared to let you have it for a sale.

Peter it may be your dealer is hoping to get one but perhaps they’ve all been allocated out already

That’s quite a different car! Lol

Sure is and another 60k
Only managed to save to buy the rs3
Will have to stick with my diesel for a bit longer
It’s a lovely place to be though
9d6a6715c18ca81eaf5eeb04b0127490.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
l am all for bold colours as you know probably go Riviera Blue myself... but Kyalamy is a step too far looks great on web pages/pro photos but to live with **** me never ....besides that.... it's a magnet for unwated attention especially in West/central Scotland where l live
I don't mind bold colours myself some cars really suit them Kyalami green on the other hand for me is a brave choice and i'am not brave enough :laughing: .

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Deposit is still on
Lol

Myself and Avril stayed over at her sisters house this weekend her sister has resided in Doha for the last 7 years normally we holiday together but as we all know this ****** flu is still limiting us to fly/travel anyway her sister when home lives in a very affluent area Inverkip Marina to be exact......so l went on a wee walk yesterday morning and there parked at the Marina was a new RS7 Vorsprung in Floret Silver so wrong a colour for it......needs a bold colour but the interior was dreadfully dull all black leather everywhere l kinda get buying one in floret silver as a low key/under the radar colour but this RS7 just looked so ordinary nowt special and RS7's should....but ill give it 11/10 for it's exhaust size biggest exhaust pipes av seen on a car......

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
Sure is and another 60k
Only managed to save to buy the rs3
Will have to stick with my diesel for a bit longer
It’s a lovely place to be though
9d6a6715c18ca81eaf5eeb04b0127490.jpg

lovely car mate ... really like the a7 s7 rs7

Reactions: Mr Freeze, PeteRS3lee and NevMan
lovely car mate ... really like the a7 s7 rs7

Cheers snake
Audi gave me a loan car whilst the A7 was in for mot no1
An a5
Leagues apart mate didn’t realise how much till getting the A7 back
so not to bothered if the rs3 doesn’t happen to be fair
happy in luxury, which at my age is probably for the best
Old and crusty
7769cfc04f92b2c03a8cd301fb89e019.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Cheers snake
Audi gave me a loan car whilst the A7 was in for mot no1
An a5
Leagues apart mate didn’t realise how much till getting the A7 back
so not to bothered if the rs3 doesn’t happen to be fair
happy in luxury, which at my age is probably for the best
Old and crusty
7769cfc04f92b2c03a8cd301fb89e019.jpg

I had an A7 (old model) when my RS3 was in for brake disc replacement a few years back & I really really liked that car.
It’s just far too big for my garage otherwise I’d definitely consider one.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and NevMan
I had an A7 (old model) when my RS3 was in for brake disc replacement a few years back & I really really liked that car.

Mines the same getting used to not hitting anything now
360° cams and well padded walls help no end
Not out of the rs3 brigade yet there is still a glimmer of hope

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

15 months on tomorrow snake
Think you should take over the thread and end it for me completely
I’m too emotional about it
Lol

@Keano04 @PeteRS3lee

it sounds like the fundamental difference here is that Keano has been given an actual order no by the dealer for a launch edition car - maybe your dealer was allocated one and was prepared to let you have it for a sale.

Peter it may be your dealer is hoping to get one but perhaps they’ve all been allocated out already

Was my thinking too
But when I was there at the dealer back on the 13th august he showed me the allocation screen for the q4 launch edition it’s totally randomised and no dealer gets to choose 1 over an another
They either do or don’t
They can however move stock around from 1 dealer to another once delivered
They Have no say in it at all until then
Allocated by Audi uk only
But if keano has bagged 1 then fair play
May have another convo with my dealer tomorrow see if anything has changed

Let me guess squealing brakes :smiley:

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and PeteRS3lee
Was my thinking too
But when I was there at the dealer back on the 13th august he showed me the allocation screen for the q4 launch edition it’s totally randomised and no dealer gets to choose 1 over an another
They either do or don’t

don’t you give up hope mate ... plenty of time for a launch edition to materialise - maybe even another dealer will offer one up :icon thumright:

Reactions: Mr Freeze and PeteRS3lee
Was my thinking too
They either do or don’t

The allocation was indeed as you say. When I “placed my order” I didn’t know exactly what I was getting as he didn’t know what their allocation was going to be. As a result I actually also placed an order for a carbon black car as a back up at the same time, which has since been cancelled (I believe the dealer are keeping it for themselves as it’s an early build slot).

I got a call after my annual leave to be notified that they now knew and he offered me the black saloon. I accepted and have since signed the order form.

If you did want an rs3 rather than the rs7 it may be worth a call to your dealer today to see if they now know more too

Reactions: Jcbmally, PeteRS3lee, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Mines the same getting used to not hitting anything now
360° cams and well padded walls help no end

Ye describe Yer garage along the lines of a Asylum mate...always thought ye where a bit of a nutter lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally, PeteRS3lee and 1 other person
Ye describe Yer garage along the lines of a Asylum mate...always thought ye where a bit of a nutter lol

Haha. He MUST be a nutter. Who would go from diesel A7 to a RS3

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Odd - just run the dealer configurator and it now seems the black roof (extension from pano roof line) is now standard when you select Daytona - hopefully for all Vorsprungs as mines already on order. It didn’t used to give this mandatory option.

5A8CCAD5 C2F9 4F03 A6C4 3C2CFC38D9E6

@3vans Are you in sales to get access to that?
Nah. It was widely shared on here as during launch week this was available 3 days before the consumer configurator.

I don’t have 6H4 in my coding so I guess i don’t get black roof

Reactions: HulkRS3
Odd - just run the dealer configurator and it now seems the black roof (extension from pano roof line) is now standard when you select Daytona - hopefully for all Vorsprungs as mines already on order. It didn’t used to give this mandatory option.

View attachment 242491

The 'roof colour in black' does not appear when I use the dealer version configurator?

rs3 has 360 camera?
Yeah it's a massive car so a 360 degree camera is required...not.....!!! just another gizmo for Audi to add to justify the price of a Vorsprung model.... this 360 degree camera is available on the A3/S3 in other parts of world markets China/North America

Yeah it's a massive car so a 360 degree camera is required...not.....!!! just another gizmo for Audi to add to justify the price of a Vorsprung model.... this 360 degree camera is available on the A3/S3 in other parts of world markets China/North America

I have to agree. It just isn't a big enough car to warrant a 360 deg camera.
Same with power boot. We don't have power doors so why is a power boot needed ?
Not fussed with heads up display either or the additional driver aids.

I have to agree. It just isn't a big enough car to warrant a 360 deg camera.
Same with power boot. We don't have power doors so why is a power boot needed ?
Not fussed with heads up display either or the additional driver aids.
I don't think that it needs the 360° camera either, but I won't complain. I like having the rear camera for reversing nice and close to things when needed and I imagine being able to see I'm not about to scrape my alloys would be nice as well, but it's not a specific thing I want.

I like the idea of the heads up display though, as long as it displays revs, but I'm sure it won't because Audi are too sensible for that.

I don't think that it needs the 360° camera either, but I won't complain. I like having the rear camera for reversing nice and close to things when needed and I imagine being able to see I'm not about to scrape my alloys would be nice as well, but it's not a specific thing I want.

I like the idea of the heads up display though, as long as it displays revs, but I'm sure it won't because Audi are too sensible for that.

Totally with you on the rear camera that is very useful :icon thumright:
Side mirrors fine for parking and not scraping alloys ;)

Reactions: johnmv55 and NevMan
The 'roof colour in black' does not appear when I use the dealer version configurator?
Are you choosing Vorsprung, Daytona and black-black-black-black interior? Still comes up for me but needs the 3 combos. Oddly you have to choose the interior even although there are no other options!

Reactions: Daggerit
Are you choosing Vorsprung, Daytona and black-black-black-black interior? Still comes up for me but needs the 3 combos. Oddly you have to choose the interior even although there are no other options!
Retried again it’s now gone! Huh!

Reactions: Daggerit