RS3 Configuration (let's see what you've got then)

What’s “phone box lite” ?

My launch edition will have that apparently… so there may be hope for others too in the uk?!

I’d say triple check that with your dealer - as I understand it, it’s since been pulled from every single A3 since MY22 launch so August 2021 onwards ….

Had it confirmed by exec office unless the launch cars are being built with a specific set of parts the other cars don’t have?

Phone box lite is purely charging and nothing else

Phone box also includes an antenna booster that amplifies and routes signal up to shark fin at rear of car

Everyone in Europe gets the full fat phone box and we aren’t even getting the lite version here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI All,

Placed an order in August was told delivery would be in Dec/Jan now being told production has still not started on the car and could be looking at sometime next year depending how far down the line I am anyone else had any updates regarding delivery build slots ?

I’d say triple check that with your dealer - as I understand it, it’s since been pulled from every single A3 since MY22 launch so August 2021 onwards ….

Had it confirmed by exec office unless the launch cars are being built with a specific set of parts the other cars don’t have?

Phone box also includes an antenna booster that amplifies and routes signal up to shark fin at rear of car

Everyone in Europe gets the full fat phone box and we aren’t even getting the lite version here.

My dealer wouldn’t know any different as it was them who told me it had it based on an Audi comm to them - I didn’t realise it had it or what it was

The launch cars have spec that others don’t have and they are trying to get them out quickly, so maybe?!

Looks like it’s an option in Europe, at least in Germany.

(Straps on rose tinted glasses…) Maybe our phone signal is good enough not to need a booster?

Unfortunately it isn’t, the phone box lite charging location is in an awkward place on A3 8Ys down and inside the front of the dash which makes signal even more difficult than usual.

Bit of a silly cost cutting decision from Audi UK to first lump us with the cheapo non amplifying version and then cut it altogether. But they seem to be making a lot of really silly config choices for our cars recently so who knows what’s next.

On top of that because they chose O2-UK as the UK solution provider for Audi Connected whenever the signal cut out it set the SOS system in a fit and took the MMI with it, I know A3s and S3s that are still sat in retailers waiting for a fix that so far hasn’t come! Hopefully the RS3 and MY22 cars have the fix already applied to them.

Checked this morning with Audi chat and phone box lite has been omitted from the spec.

I presume there will be a price reduction given spec has reduced…. Logically that would make sense but I am probably wrong!!

Thanks for the heads up to check

Reactions: garethdj
Checked this morning with Audi chat and phone box lite has been omitted from the spec.

I presume there will be a price reduction given spec has reduced…. Logically that would make sense but I am probably wrong!!

Thanks for the heads up to check

Just had a call from my dealer and apparently my car isn’t on the list of VINs where it’s been removed - some are making it through with phone box lite fitted - so Mike may well still have it after all…

No doubt I will get another call tomorrow where they will tell me mine hasn’t got it fitted!!

Oh wow my RS3 Vorsprung definitely doesn’t have it!

Will see if I can have a word if they’re fitting them to something !!

Oh wow my RS3 Vorsprung definitely doesn’t have it!

Will see if I can have a word if they’re fitting them to something !!

Mine is a Launch Edition and it is supposed to have phone box lite fitted. I mentioned yesterday that presumably I will get a discount if the spec isn’t what I purchased (ie if they’ve dropped phone box lite) and they said that that’s fair but when checking it appears mine does have the “full” LE spec…

I shall see today what’s what as they were going to double check.

Going for:
Carbon Black Sportback
Daytona Grey (although Kemora I like more & more i see it)
Comfort & Sound Package
Dynamic Package
Camera front & rear
Warranty extension
Order being placed tomorrow, 23 wks lead time

Reactions: Daggerit, NevMan and Add_Profile
When you say camera front and rear.. is that the audi dashcam?
When I placed the order today I was informed it was dealer fit. I mistakenly thought it would be a similar set up to BMW drive recorder (through the I-Drive) £780?? I think 1st drive will be to Halfords methinks!

(Went with Kemora btw)

Reactions: Add_Profile
Audi don't do a similar system to the drive recorder, they do have their own OEM dash cam (UTR Universal Trafic Recorder) as do BMW (Advanced Car Eye2.0)

I think people consider them both as basic and poor. I would recommend a thinkware Q800 Pro over the OEM shiz for much better money also.

Reactions: Alan Oliver and NevMan
Pros and cons of RS Adaptive suspension?
Ride quality I’d imagine. They are adaptive to road conditions and soften the suspension/ride quality. Not sure if any cons. Not sure how good it is for it to be worth the outlay, or whether it’s an option that benefits resale like the comfort and sound pack/pan roof does.

Reactions: Add_Profile
Ride quality I’d imagine. They are adaptive to road conditions and soften the suspension/ride quality. Not sure if any cons. Not sure how good it is for it to be worth the outlay, or whether it’s an option that benefits resale like the comfort and sound pack/pan roof does.
I would agree, and add softens or stiffens and can also be set to your liking where fixed suspension is... err... well... fixed. Not sure but would think in the mid range between soft and stiff of the adaptive perhaps?

Reactions: HulkRS3
I had Magride dampers on my 8P S3, I think the harder setting out of the 2 was purely for track only. Like to think 12 years of Tech improvements would yield something better! While we are questioning items, What is the difference between the standard exhaust and the RS Sports exhaust?

I doubt it is going to be Full Titanium from Cat or Turbo? Or is it the back box?

I had Magride dampers on my 8P S3, I think the harder setting out of the 2 was purely for track only. Like to think 12 years of Tech improvements would yield something better! While we are questioning items, What is the difference between the standard exhaust and the RS Sports exhaust?

I doubt it is going to be Full Titanium from Cat or Turbo? Or is it the back box?

I rated mag ride in my 8V. Not sure on what the difference is in exhausts other than one sounds better than the other. I think you need every bit of noise improvement you can get with these OPFs in place so it’s a must for me. I’d be really surprised if any part of it was titanium but that’s with zero knowledge tbh!

I'm fairly certain there's no fancy materials involved in the sports exhaust like titanium. I looked into this and could only ever find that the internals of the back box were different. Without a doubt, the Audi-Sport exhaust always sounds better. Unfortunately the OPF has dampened a lot of it but even with this in situ, the difference between sport and non sport exhausts is noticeable, and louder.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I'm fairly certain there's no fancy materials involved in the sports exhaust like titanium. I looked into this and could only ever find that the internals of the back box were different. Without a doubt, the Audi-Sport exhaust always sounds better. Unfortunately the OPF has dampened a lot of it but even with this in situ, the difference between sport and non sport exhausts is noticeable, and louder.
It’s also black instead of chrome.

On the 8V the 2 rear bullet silencers are of a different length.
b619524cc9d12ee1556a7e6a955d2a23.jpg

Sports exhaust
7dd0973a5a3fbb7ed1aea726bf12d387.jpg

It's going to be interesting to see if the 8Y is as simple as changing the mid pipes where the OPF is located for better noise. They have to be produced with them, but there's no requirement to have them as part of the MOT as far as I know. If it's anything like the Facelift OPF I don't think it's possible to remove the opf without doing a full remap etc.

It's going to be interesting to see if the 8Y is as simple as changing the mid pipes where the OPF is located for better noise. They have to be produced with them, but there's no requirement to have them as part of the MOT as far as I know. If it's anything like the Facelift OPF I don't think it's possible to remove the opf without doing a full remap etc.

No because they have 4 pressure sensors.

Unplugging them creates an error.
84649856fe1d15d06a17044e570f4f79.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: johnmv55 and HulkRS3
They also work to keep the car stable stiffening up either front or rear to stop the car diving under brakes and squatting under acceleration, also the same when cornering, a mag ride or active ride (If they still use the mag ride? VW did it differently) should be able to have better body control with a plusher/softer ride,

Reactions: 3vans
No because they have 4 pressure sensors.

Unplugging them creates an error.
84649856fe1d15d06a17044e570f4f79.jpg

Problem these days is ecu's are getting very clever and detecting stuff going wrong before it actually does go wrong, they could be mapped 'out' on the previous RS3

Removing OPF is an MOT fail

On the 8V the 2 rear bullet silencers are of a different length.
b619524cc9d12ee1556a7e6a955d2a23.jpg

Sports exhaust
7dd0973a5a3fbb7ed1aea726bf12d387.jpg

So looks like typical Audi, you pay more and get less
I can’t tell from photos, if the pipes are bigger?

So looks like typical Audi, you pay more and get less
I can’t tell from photos, if the pipes are bigger?

I’d say just by looking at the bullet silencers you can tell.

On the sports exhaust there’s more pipe after the Y branch off before it enters the silencer.

I’d say just by looking at the bullet silencers you can tell.

On the sports exhaust there’s more pipe after the Y branch off before it enters the silencer.

I agree more pipe due to shorter silencers, but I was meaning bigger diameters which could justify slightly more cost - extra material and longer welds!

I agree more pipe due to shorter silencers, but I was meaning bigger diameters which could justify slightly more cost - extra material and longer welds!

Same dia etc.
internals are slightly different.

Reactions: 3vans