RS3 deal

glasgowboy

Reaction score
Hi looking for some advice, i have been looking at getting an RS3 on a PCP deal, i was offered the following:

4 years
15000 miles per annum
£2000 deposit
£610 per month
i cant recall what the final payment was (i would be handing it back anyway so its not a major issue for me)

Extras are the rain and light sensor pack, matt aluminium styling pack, BOSE sound system, cruise control

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im guessing by the user name you based in glasgow? Im sure one of he guys be able to help you with advise. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi there if your happy with the deal ,then do it ,i love my rs3 all day long lol ,your first payment will be £760 ,then £610 ,enjoy..:)

Some further Contract Hire details from Audi, each mile over agreed limit works out to 6 pence per mile. Therefore 1000 miles over is £60.00. bizarre fact I know however once you've driven you're RS3 you might go over the agreed mileage a tad.....
Love mine, can highly recommend it......

I'd be interested to hear what the ways rounfd the miilage limit are, my job has changed and my commute has got a little longer - I was considering contacting them and looking to extend the miles per year bit compared to arguing about in 3 years.

I think you may get a better deal if you haggle more.

Someone on here got a better deal a few months ago I think......

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs3-forum/172366-buying-rs3-deal-help.html

Check what the APR is as well ... you want to pay as little interest as possible

You should be able to get monthly payments to around £500 - £550 or even less (mine are £528 with a 5.9% APR)

I think you may get a better deal if you haggle more.

Someone on here got a better deal a few months ago I think......

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs3-forum/172366-buying-rs3-deal-help.html

Thanks for the info, do you think £550 is achievable with only a £2k deposit and requiring 15000 mpa? If i was financing the car myself they were willing to sell the car for £38000.

What spec??

You can have my ful spec for 38k..

Good luck Pal.

What spec??

You can have my ful spec for 38k..

Good luck Pal.

The spec they were quoting me for was a brand new phantom black with:

PU7/6XJ Light and rain sensor pack

4ZL Matt aluminium styling package

8RY BOSE® premium sound system

8T2 Cruise control

They are now offering it at £37250 if i decide to finance it myself, what do you think?

Cheers

Ahh brand new. Mine is March 12 with 4.5k mls.

Sounds ok but bet they would accept lower....

I'd be interested to hear what the ways rounfd the miilage limit are, my job has changed and my commute has got a little longer - I was considering contacting them and looking to extend the miles per year bit compared to arguing about in 3 years.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I'm in the same boat and am also v interested. Shady-ninja can you pm the options to me too please mate?

I'm surprised they are offering the car cheaper if you finance yourself. The interest charge on a pcp finance deal over 4 years is going to be close to £8k (a bit less if you get the apr down) but all the same a fair bit of that will end up in the dealers pocket. Car companies love selling finance, especially pcp where you pay interest on the full amount for the term, and add ons - I remember seeing some figures about GM making most of their money from finance rather than the cars themselves, I would imagine VW group is much the same.

That said the only good deal is one you are happy with, for some that's lower monthly payments, for others it's overall cost there is no easy answer.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I'm in the same boat and am also v interested. Shady-ninja can you pm the options to me too please mate?

I would also really appreciate any info on how I get around the miles per annum charge. Cheers.

As far as I understand it the extra mileage charge only becomes an issue if you intend to simply hand the car back at the end of the term. Surely most will find the car is worth more than the agreed final payment in any case - especially with an RS model. I know the likes of Rover used to offer massively inflated future values but Audi values seem sensible enough to give at least a small deposit at the end of the term.

If you have exceeded the mileage several ways to avoid the charge:

- trade in the car rather than hand it back. There is always a good deal to be done somewhere.
- sell privatly or to a reputable buyer - again easy enough with an RS.
- refinance the car before the final payment is due.

I hope the other method being proposed isn't the one discussed openly here:

Investigation: Car buyers clocking their own cars | AOL Cars UK

It may not be strictly illegal but as the article says it isn't a victimless crime either. I'm sure people on here wouldn't be happy if you bought a used car this had happened to.

As MBK says ... you are much more likely to trade the car in for a new one at a dealer, before the finance has expired

The dealer then pays the remaining finance off and the mileage does'nt matter.

With Contract Hire mileage is more important but you are talking PCP I think ?

As regards to getting your own finance ... that's what I did as Audi could'nt better it at the time (Sept 2012).

Clydesdale Bank Asset Management quoted me the following and I got my own finance with them ...

They will only lend £35,000 on an RS3 so you will need a deposit for the difference (around £2,250 by the sound of it)

I think you've got a reasonable discount on that spec .

I managed a 6.5% discount in the end and paid a smaller deposit than shown below (which was a quote based on standard basic list price)

Finance Details

Cash Price of Goods net of any discount £39,990.00
Deposit* £5,156.00
Balance to Finance
£34,834.00
Amount of Credit
£34,834.00
Total Charge for Credit
£5,746.32
Documentation Fee (included in the first instalment) £150.00
Completion Fee (included in the final instalment)£150.00

ANNUALPERCENTAGE RATE 5.8%
(* Deposit may includeTrade-in Allowance, Dealer Deposit, Cash Deposit or a combination of these.)

Repayment Details

Gross Repayments £

Number of Repayments

Frequency

Start Date

Monthly

29/09/2012

Monthly

29/10/2012

Monthly

29/08/2016

If you want the contact details just send me a PM.

As long as you trade the car in before the 48th payment you don't need to pay the final balloon payment or worry about mileage.

Audi do a 4th year warranty for around £270 if you take it out before registering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak0123
Is the finance you are being quoted Audi Finance? If so the PCP deals they have, you have the option at the end of the 48 month period to wash the baloon out, i.e. keep paying the same monthly figure until the loan is paid in full. You just have to advise Audi you want to do this and the same applies for most finance companies that offer PCP. As for the excess mileage penalty £60 per 1000 miles is little compared to the overall package. If it is a great concern refinance the remainder you owe with another finance house or sell the car on which will hopefully cover the cost of what you owe.

I have financed all of my Audi's with 0 issues and normally a £1000-1500 deposit as I would rather use my actual money in something that yields a return more than the interest I pay on a depreciating asset. If you want an alternative Oracle were doing decent rates but couldn't top Audi and you can get Audi to drop their APR even thoguh they say they can't.

I wouldn't worry about the mieage penalty clause unless you specificallty know you can't finance the car for the term or do plan on handing it back at the end. This clause I have known to be waved as part of the deal on a new Audi when you are p/xing your car, just depends on how bad the dealer wants your business.

As MBK says ... you are much more likely to trade the car in for a new one at a dealer, before the finance has expired

The dealer then pays the remaining finance off and the mileage does'nt matter.

With Contract Hire mileage is more important but you are talking PCP I think ?

As regards to getting your own finance ... that's what I did as Audi could'nt better it at the time (Sept 2012).

Clydesdale Bank Asset Management quoted me the following and I got my own finance with them ...

They will only lend £35,000 on an RS3 so you will need a deposit for the difference (around £2,250 by the sound of it)

I think you've got a reasonable discount on that spec .

I managed a 6.5% discount in the end and paid a smaller deposit than shown below (which was a quote based on standard basic list price)

Finance Details

Cash Price of Goods net of any discount £39,990.00
Deposit* £5,156.00
Balance to Finance
£34,834.00
Amount of Credit
£34,834.00
Total Charge for Credit
£5,746.32
Documentation Fee (included in the first instalment) £150.00
Completion Fee (included in the final instalment)£150.00

ANNUALPERCENTAGE RATE 5.8%
(* Deposit may includeTrade-in Allowance, Dealer Deposit, Cash Deposit or a combination of these.)

Repayment Details

Gross Repayments £

Number of Repayments

Frequency

Start Date

Monthly

29/09/2012

Monthly

29/10/2012

Monthly

29/08/2016

If you want the contact details just send me a PM.

As long as you trade the car in before the 48th payment you don't need to pay the final balloon payment or worry about mileage.

Audi do a 4th year warranty for around £270 if you take it out before registering.

Thanks mate PM sent

Is the finance you are being quoted Audi Finance? If so the PCP deals they have, you have the option at the end of the 48 month period to wash the baloon out, i.e. keep paying the same monthly figure until the loan is paid in full. You just have to advise Audi you want to do this and the same applies for most finance companies that offer PCP. As for the excess mileage penalty £60 per 1000 miles is little compared to the overall package. If it is a great concern refinance the remainder you owe with another finance house or sell the car on which will hopefully cover the cost of what you owe.

I have financed all of my Audi's with 0 issues and normally a £1000-1500 deposit as I would rather use my actual money in something that yields a return more than the interest I pay on a depreciating asset. If you want an alternative Oracle were doing decent rates but couldn't top Audi and you can get Audi to drop their APR even thoguh they say they can't.

I wouldn't worry about the mieage penalty clause unless you specificallty know you can't finance the car for the term or do plan on handing it back at the end. This clause I have known to be waved as part of the deal on a new Audi when you are p/xing your car, just depends on how bad the dealer wants your business.

The best Audi could quote me for their finance based on the mileage and price mentioned is £583 a month where as i have been quoted £553 from another finance company, Audi dont seem to be able to match it. I wouldnt be keeping the car beyond the 4 years so i think the mileage is quite important for me. Cheers for the help!