RS3 Delivery Times

hotrod99

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered, can you advise when you placed your order and what lead time you have been quoted for delivery. I'm beginning to think i'm being messed about as i can't seem to get a straight answer from my dealer. Granted production has not started but having heard from somebody who just placed an order recently they have been quoted towards the end of this year!

I also visited another Audi dealership yesterday with a friend and they have taken three orders. All of which are looking towards end of August!

Can anybody shed any light?

I haven't ordered one, but when I was in my dealer a couple of weeks back we were talking about the RS3 and they told me mid to late summer the first cars should appear...

Just spoke to my dealer and it looks like there could be a long wait. The first RS3s won't be ready until Sept / Oct time and, due to the high demand, there'll be very few demonstrators.

Not much chance of a summer drive in one this year then...

Last edited:
For those of you who have ordered, can you advise when you placed your order and what lead time you have been quoted for delivery. I'm beginning to think i'm being messed about as i can't seem to get a straight answer from my dealer. Granted production has not started but having heard from somebody who just placed an order recently they have been quoted towards the end of this year!

I also visited another Audi dealership yesterday with a friend and they have taken three orders. All of which are looking towards end of August!

Can anybody shed any light?

Ive ordered one in early january complete with Sepang Blue paint and various other options - told deivery April when placed order so traded in my S3 and was told on day I took S3 in that delivery was now expected in summer - several emails later I am no wiser but rather annoyed that I am now effectivly carless and expect delievry August time . This is my 2nd new Audi and I am not impressed

Ive ordered one in early january complete with Sepang Blue paint and various other options - told deivery April when placed order so traded in my S3 and was told on day I took S3 in that delivery was now expected in summer - several emails later I am no wiser but rather annoyed that I am now effectivly carless and expect delievry August time . This is my 2nd new Audi and I am not impressed

Why on earth hand your car over before the new one is ready ?

Why on earth hand your car over before the new one is ready ?

Fair point. I'm assuming you were P/X'ing when you did the deal on the RS?

I was gonna part ex my S3 but quickly realised that i could cash in buy selling private. I flogged my car last week, but i have a second car so its not a show-stopper. My quarm is more that they are quoting dates which they know they will not be able to meet. In the meatime they have taken a 10% deposit on which they are earning interest!

Paddy why did they take the car off you?!
If they've taken your car of you, then you should have demanded a replacement car from them until your new one arrives!

Last edited:
My dealer called me last Friday to inform me that my RS3 ordered in January will not be built until week 50 (mid December). The reason for this is that a Japanese factory that produced a certain chemical used in some Audi colours was destroyed in the earthquake. The colour I had ordered was Daytona Grey. I was told that Black does not use this chemical but when my dealer changed the car colour on the computer the build week did not change. This sounds as though they are building them all in one big batch and the critical path is this chemical. Now the interesting thing is why doesn't Audi have a short term backup plan or does it want to **** off 2500 customers in one hit?

I was told ten different stories when trying to order a RS3 the past couple of weeks...

I did hear the one about the paint.. I was also told Audi UK made a massive BOOB when guessing how many cars they would need/sell...

I thinking of buying a S3 Sportback Black Edtion instead, as I can't be bothered with all the stories.....

I would also say slot of customers will cancel RS3 orders, due to all the BULL storiesmbeing told by Audi UK..

I scrapped my RS3 order and got my deposit back. I got myself a BMW 1M - build date already scheduled for Week 26 (June) with delivery in July! I feel for those of you holding on, it could be a long wait!

If the paint story is true, then surely those who have ordered IBIS should jump straight to the front of the queue??

If the paint story is true, wouldn't it affect all the cars in the Audi range irrelevant of model?

If the paint story is true, wouldn't it affect all the cars in the Audi range irrelevant of model?

+1, TT RS has the same colours and not heard anything regarding delayed orders of that model.. Think the paint story is fake to be honest. RS3's will be on the road by September I would of thought...

I put the 500 deposit down on an RS3 in december and they told me i would have to come back in january when the order book opened so i went down and ordered 1 from newcastle audi on the 5th january, all they told me when i ordered it that was it would be quarter 3 of 2011 they never committed to and exact month. They told me in april that the build date was 23rd august but i would not get it until 4 weeks after that, I work away and came back last week and went to audi to pay the balance on it and they have told me it will be ready for me to pick up on the 21st of september so they have stuck to there original statement of Q3 of 2011. But they also told me when i went in that someone ordered one 3 weeks after me and there build date is not until the end of december which means they wont get it until the end of january - if that was me i would of cancelled the order and went else were

Heard alot of people on here cancelling and heading to the 1M Coupe (which i've heard is a pretty amazing driving machine). I think you could save a few pennies and just get an S3 SB they don't look all that too different.

Also if it's performance you're after, the coin you drop on an RS3 you can get a pretty good Nissan GT-R which trounces some of the best cars out there!

Heard alot of people on here cancelling and heading to the 1M Coupe (which i've heard is a pretty amazing driving machine). I think you could save a few pennies and just get an S3 SB they don't look all that too different.

Also if it's performance you're after, the coin you drop on an RS3 you can get a pretty good Nissan GT-R which trounces some of the best cars out there!

If it's performance your after then there are numerous alternatives, TT RS, Porsche 911, even a Ferrari F355 at this money... The list is endless...

I don't think a Nissan however has quite the same appeal as an Audi or most German made brands but that is just my opinion. I am not a GT-R fan I am afraid although it is a very good car.

I second that.. I've been in a gtr.. And tbh the interior quality is shocking.. Probably wouldn't notice when driving flat out, but as a passenger I hated it! Gimme a hairdressers ttrs any day!