RS3 Demonstrator Locations

I spoke with the dealer today, It doesn't have sports exhaust. The Sales manager didn't spec the dynamic pack!! I didn't think it did when I heard it, so standard exhaust sounds brilliant. And I can't wait to hear the sports exhaust. Yeah, Lunar interior isn't my cup of tea. Really looking forward to Monday so I can get a drive.

******...just checked the order form as he'd printed it out for me and you're right: no sports exhaust! In that case...standard exhaust is more than 'adequate'!!

I liked it to, sounded great plenty fast etc. but felt the same as you once the excitment has died down and i got back in to my S3.

I'll buy one once i can get a decent discount :) in no rush just now.

Kinda my thinking too. Think I would like one, but only had my S3 20 months now, so finding it hard to justify jumping just yet.

Reactions: Scotty2011
I took the one at Aberdeen out on Friday afternoon for a cheeky half hour blat.
If I'm honest, I wasn't overly impressed...certainly not £10k extra impressed!!

Engine sound is nice, and bearing in mind it only had 200-odd miles on it would sound nicer with time.
Exhaust....meh...same problem with the S3, pops on downshift are good but very fake sounding (change down a few times and back up and you can hear the same pops without fail).
Stop/Start did my tits in, it cuts the engine before the car has stopped which was quite annoying when coming up to park etc as the engine cuts then I had to move forward a wee bit so had to restart...very odd.
Gearbox, the 7 speed didn't help the acceleration I think as it means an extra gear change. Basically didn't feel any fast than my S3...but again, only had 200-odd miles on it and I'm sure a remap will be out in no time to bring it up to 400bhp+
Interior, well its an A3 so it's all the same.
Handling is much better than the S3, but then it has 255/35r19 Pirelli P-Zeros on the front so I'd expect it to handle better.

So, will I swap my S3 for one? Nope.
If I walked into Audi today and had to pick between the two would I pick the RS3? Maybe, I'm sure the man maths could justify it with the extras that you get but I still can't help but feel that it's not worth the extra cash.

Again, all subjective and just my views :)

So I test drove the one at Coulsdon Audi on Saturday. The car had the dynamic pack (mag ride/sports exhaust) and was in grey. The car sounds absolutely amazing, that 5 cylinder engine really makes a roar that sounds super car ish; both on start up and when you give it the beans. The acceleration was really great, launch control worked a treat and it reached an "undisclosed" mph figure no problem for an engine which went past 100 miles on the clock while I was driving it.

However, the big question, did it feel that much faster than the S3? In all honesty, not by much. I'm not sure the RS3 is worth the additional £10k price tag in terms of performance, but the sound when you give it some... However, saying that, I am going back to the dealership to work out finances and see whether it's going to fit within my car budget.

Glacier RS3 at Crewe Audi. Just dribbled on it a bit. Tried uploading a picture but it is telling me it's too big.

Reactions: Caval4r and Big_Will
Glacier RS3 at Crewe Audi. Just dribbled on it a bit. Tried uploading a picture but it is telling me it's too big.

Try re-sizing it? Would love to see a picture, Ive ordered mine in glacier.

Reactions: RYuill and jaypers777
I've got a couple of pictures of it sent by my salesman last week.

Here you go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 437
And the car at Tyneside Audi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 480
Another colour that looks better with body colour mirrors.

Looks great in glacier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 437
Here is the Crewe one taken today.......
IMG 0805

Reactions: Kelza, Benash20, Scotty2011 and 1 other person
Hmmm, I'm liking glacier with black pack and red calipers. White normally best for cars with very strong shapes but I think it works.

Reactions: Caval4r
Hmmm, I'm liking glacier with black pack and red calipers. White normally best for cars with very strong shapes but I think it works.
As you can see from my sig, I'm already a Glacier White fan. Think the front looks epic too. They offered me a drive, but I really didn't have time unfortunately and was just passing by. I will be going back for a play.........but not getting one yet!!

Anyone know of a Catalunya Red demo anywhere?

Reactions: Big_Will
Had a half hour in it this morning. Looks and sounds way better in the flesh! Even the Nardo primer looked good in this morning's drizzle!! Same can't be said for the Lunar Silver interior unfortunately, but each to their own. Coming from an S3 the interior does lack a bit. Carbon inserts and the proper buckets would sort this! The car does have an amazing presence, particularly from the front.

View attachment 60871

Sports exhaust sounds superb on start-up, and crackles beautifully when downshifting without braking...very addictive!! Slightly underwhelming engine sound if I'm honest...although this is probably a good thing in day to day driving. Or maybe I was just too excited to pay attention.

Acceleration is plainly ridiculous. Missus was with me and her only comment was 'think I feel a bit dizzy'...!! Very easy to drive fast. Collecting reward points on the license could be an issue. Expected the mag ride to be stiffer in the dynamic setting, but actually very compliant. Even over uneven B-roads.

Overall verdict? A cracking car and superior to an S3 without a doubt. But didn't make me rush to place an order. After the initial excitement had worn off I wondered whether it would be worth the extra outlay?! And didn't feel disappointed to get back in my S3.

I saw the Nardo RS3 when I had my S3 in for a service last week. It's an interesting colour as it just looks like grey primer, but it shows off the lines of the car. I'm tempted to test drive it even though I wouldn't buy an 8V.

Just had a phone call from Blackburn Audi cancelling my test drive today as apparently all rs3's across the country have been grounded due to an issue with an oil leak or something.

Does anyone know if Cheshire Oaks Audi has a demonstrator in?

Ive just been in touch with Audi Edinburgh, apparently the demonstrator there won't be available to drive for about a month. Implied that it was not yet on the road. Asked about Glasgow and suggested they were about the same (?)

Going into see the showroom car next week, any of you guys seen it?

Anybody know if Manchester Audi have an RS3 in the showroom to look at?

Ive just been in touch with Audi Edinburgh, apparently the demonstrator there won't be available to drive for about a month. Implied that it was not yet on the road. Asked about Glasgow and suggested they were about the same (?)

Going into see the showroom car next week, any of you guys seen it?

Ayr and Glasgow are sharing their demo. They told me it was Nardo. I've seen the Nardo one in the showroom and I wasn't all that impressed. Looks just like an S3.

MK Audi have a Nardo one with Alu pack and Titan wheels

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434805466291923

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434805476963176

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434805489397005

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434805512435642

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434805537737436

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434805525.505635.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434805525.505635.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
nottingham audi have a nardo one in,but its already sold so they dont have a demo car to test drive at the moment.

Not sure Audi UK would be pleased to learn that, they should be run for 3 months first.

Stafford Audi:
P1020305mod_zpsln1eqhhm.jpg

The coins in me pocket, Yorrick, soon stopped jangling so drove BLUEY home and enjoyed every mile....

Reactions: Yorrick and Kelza
Yeah that's not on by Nottingham Audi !

Fools selling what should be a demo car.

Guildford Audi called to cancel my test drive I was going to have tomorrow due to the issues reported. :(

Anyone know if there is one in Perth Scotland? Dundee has a black one but want to see Nardo or Red in the flesh.

Nardo grey with alu pack certainly looks good!

Anybody know what Cheshire Oaks and Shrewsbury have?

My local dealer has offered me a test drive but they are not allowed to lend it for unaccompanied drives at the moment.
These 30 min sessions of which you get to try it for 10mins on a busy dual carriageway are no good for me.
Is this BS as I'm sure I read some folks on here got to borrow one for a few hours?