RS3 Discussion Thread

Yeh they do, plus you seen how much they want for that?

I'd like to see one which isn't Audi (No doubt you'll find one for me)? I know it's a pricey option but that doesn't take it away from the fact that it doesn't get much better for me

I'm not really overly keen on the cross hatching, I prefer this RS6 interior personally....

BeautifulRS6Interior.jpg

R36 passat is nice too:

R36Buckets.jpg

Damn that 1 series looks a lot nicer than I expected it to be! Must go like stink too!!

I'm not really overly keen on the cross hatching, I prefer this RS6 interior personally....

BeautifulRS6Interior.jpg

R36 passat is nice too:

R36Buckets.jpg

Thought you might have proved me wrong, like that RS6 interior (Think you've posted it before?) but not so much a fan of the Passat, not as nice as the RS6 anyway

Not tryna prove you wrong bro, just not a fan of the quilting, been 'rinsed' on the modding scene, I love the RS6 interior, and yes I have posted it before. But this is one of my fav interiors bro, still the "VAG" tree, ala Reventon.....:wub::wub::wub::wub:

ReventionInterior.jpg

Inspirations.jpg

Just absolutley different ball game :salute:

Not tryna prove you wrong bro, just not a fan of the quilting, been 'rinsed' on the modding scene, I love the RS6 interior, and yes I have posted it before. But this is one of my fav interiors bro, still the "VAG" tree, ala Reventon.....:wub::wub::wub::wub:

ReventionInterior.jpg

Inspirations.jpg

Just absolutley different ball game :salute:

No?! Is that why you've come up with better interiors haha

BeautifulRS6Interior.jpg

R36 passat is nice too:

R36Buckets.jpg

:wub:

mate saw this up london, you gotta admit it is lovely! well i think so anyway... great styling...

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

look at them arches :wub:

Looks nice as said in a dark colour would look sweet and a bit more lower:wub::laugh:

Did someone mention quilted, get a load of this interior (still vag related lol):

Bentley-Continental-Supersports-Interior-2-lg.jpg

Bentley-Continental-Supersports-Interior-door-panel-lg.jpg

Bentley-Continental-Supersports-Interior.jpg

Last edited:
mate saw this up london, you gotta admit it is lovely! well i think so anyway... great styling...

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

look at them arches :wub:

I wonder why the badges are covered ?:think:

That does look the nuts! Afraid to say better then the RS3! Interior probably sucks tho!

Pulled my deposit today, prob not gonna get one now, just never had the few minor things I wanted added to it, like adaptive suspension like the S4, don't wanna drive all the time in a car that is hard ride with the roads the way they are now.

Pulled my deposit today, prob not gonna get one now, just never had the few minor things I wanted added to it, like adaptive suspension like the S4, don't wanna drive all the time in a car that is hard ride with the roads the way they are now.

lol what are the other reasons? :laugh:

Price a little, The basic is not to bad with the kit it has, it is by time you added another 5k on top of what I think should be some standard.
No 3 Door, though again not a deal breaker.
I was hoping for a different ignition key, like the new A4's just little things that would set it apart from an A3, the only real reason I would buy one was the engine.
Sat Nav, just bad that they still use a DVD base with no full post code, and no poi's additions for speed cameras, though I doubt that will change.
My car is not a year old yet, so gonna lose too much.

As I said it is little things that all add up, so the RS3 would have to be something special. I personally don't think it will sell that well, and 2nd hand values gonna be poor as well, but like the TT RS now all ready

First drive review of the RS3 in the new what car magazine . 4/5 stars given saying its very quick, handles very well while also having a comfortable ride. Says only 500 will be made though which is something i didn't know .

Cheers.

Is that the Snow test like all the other Drives? I also read they made it into a 5 door instead of a 3 door to save weight, apart from the TTRS is a 3 door, I need convincing by someone one that a 5 Door weighs Less than a 3 Door, considering that the 5 door is also a few inches longer.

I dont think so , review says it took place in the Canadian mountains . They say it handles brilliantly and i suppose they can only know that by driving it on a proper road.

I dont think so , review says it took place in the Canadian mountains . They say it handles brilliantly and i suppose they can only know that by driving it on a proper road.

i think thats where Bretts talkin about... thats where the snow roads were iirc! im sorry but snow road driving on winter tires is no way to test handling... untill they have this on UK roads along side a 1 series ///M i wont be happy

Heads up guys - I was just speaking to my dealer and apparently the order books for the RS3 will be shutting witihin 10 days. Anyone still pondering should make up their mind soon...

Errr you sure your dealer isn't telling you porkies? The car hasn't even had a decent road test yet. I am wary of your comments. Best to check with a different dealer. Have heard of these sort of tactics before to make sales. Salesman : It's closing in 10 days. Me: Il just go get my £40k.

as mentioned before, this is purely a sales tool.. Bigger commssion check!

I placed my order a month ago, so he's no reason to use sales tactics on me and I've no reason not to believe him.

So only a 2 month ordering window? Either way I doubt they are going to sell their full allocation for the year which is 500. Funny enough the 1M which all BMW enthusiasts are going crazy over has no limited numbers if you want one you order one. Simple. Although that doesn't stop me from being mega jealous of you Greg!!!!

So only a 2 month ordering window? Either way I doubt they are going to sell their full allocation for the year which is 500. Funny enough the 1M which all BMW enthusiasts are going crazy over has no limited numbers if you want one you order one. Simple. Although that doesn't stop me from being mega jealous of you Greg!!!!

Only 450 examples of BMW 1M will be coming into the UK.

I'm sure I've read an article with interview with mr Kay segler aka mr BMW and he quotes "ve vill build as many BMW 1 EM's as people want, there is no limitz! " :p

I'm sure I've read an article with interview with mr Kay segler aka mr BMW and he quotes "ve vill build as many BMW 1 EM's as people want, there is no limitz! " :p

I just found myself reading that out loud in a German accent!!! lol

^^^

Absolutely right: 450 only* to UK in total - production begins next month in Leipzig with full UK release in May 11.

RS3 is limited only by annual dealer allocation slots - oh and the order books are still very much open, so don't believe the dealer pish that they are closing in X days time. :/

(*According to BMW Product Marketing email dated 10 Dec 10).

I would have ordered the BMW had it not been the for the lack of AWD. With the more recent cr*p weather in this country the Audi seemed like a better proposition.

Prior to ordering the RS3, I actually went to BMW to enquire but the tw*t working there was a little arrogant and didn’t really seem to willing to help. BMW customer service sucks and I’m not the first to have experienced that. Shame because i reckon this BMW will be the business. :yes:

Last edited:
I went to the Geneva motor show yesterday and managed to get a few snaps of the RS3... there not the best im afraid, but unfortunately the audi stand was absolutely crawling with people all day long! Anyway here they are;

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

DSC01456.jpg
DSC01463.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

Sorry again, that they are a bit crap, but like i said it was very busy, and the missus had starting nagging by this point!! ;)

They are preety good pics considering the amount of people there!!! It does look nice and I am sure it looks even better in the flesh. Not a fan of the wheel colour, prefer the standard colour and I wish they had done something more with the exhaust... Other than that it looks spot on!

Thanks mate, and you are right, it looks so much better in the flesh. I actually really like the wheels, but yeah they are quite different.

Wow I like!!! I actually think the wheels look nice but wouldn't be my preferred choice if buying.

Did you see the A3 concept? Saw a video on YouTube and it looks really nice

Is there anyone got a confirmed date on delivery yet?

My dealer is still "blagging it" by telling me end of May which i know is a load of b**locks! Apparently dealers are supposed to be getting there demo cars soon but again i've been told this won't be until July.