RS3 Discussion Thread

dgannon

Dolphin Grey 2007 S3
Reaction score
Guys,

I had confirmation from my local dealers today that the RS3 will now be launched Q1/Q2 in 2011. The Dealer Head of Business saw the car in the flesh last night in the sportback version and said it looked excellent and although not confirmed he imagined there would be a 3-door version as well.

The interior had bucket seats as standard and lots of RS reminders plastered on the trims, dash etc. It is the TTRS engine with an oval pipe either side...

My deposit is already down ;)

Regards,

Dave

Good, I'll skip the facelift of 2010 & go with an RS body now then lmfao

Going to email my dealership in the morning to establish how much of this is folklore - not that i'm in disbelief given how many anticipated motor shows have come and gone...

Proof of the pudding is in the eating but i will report back on my findings..

It was an audi exclusive event. No need to question whether i'm talking 'folklore'.

& if you believe the dealer then thats worse than believing us these days :p

It was an audi exclusive event. No need to question whether i'm talking 'folklore'.

Mate - weren't going on at you fella. I appreciate the news but its been bantered around for a longtime now . No disrespect intended :thumbsup:

it is not folklore, it is fact now, my dealer service manager confirmed today after seeing one announced at the yearly Audi forums in Birmingham NEC, was yesterday I think, it was driven onto the stage and shown in the flesh, and as it is a yearly forum for gone conclusion it will be released 2011, he Said pretty much a sure thing they would not go to all that effort to make it and show it to us if they had no intention to release it, he does not recall ever seeing a car and it not released. He could not tell me to much as they could not get up to look in side all he said was 2.5 turbo as all guessed, it looked lower than standard S3 deeper side skirts, understated look, just a very good looking car. no price yet, no release date.

I will believe it when I see it. This car is sliping, they need to release and fast if it's happening.

I got bored of waiting and ordered an S4 with lots of toys! The RS3 would be too late for me even if they do release it next year.

Not getting it until March-ish next year, but it's going to have all the Drive Select and the sports diff etc. Will decide on the remap after I've has it a few months.

I'll also believe it when I see it.My own dealer network of 3 large Audi garages has no idea when this will arrive or even if it will arrive at all.In any case,now that my S3 has it's GT3071,I can't see myself needing an RS3 for a while.

Good, I'll skip the facelift of 2010 & go with an RS body now then lmfao

This is Auidi Nige....the body will be exactly the same..Change the badge and tweak the plastic, double the price :)

Going to email my dealership in the morning to establish how much of this is folklore - not that i'm in disbelief given how many anticipated motor shows have come and gone...

Proof of the pudding is in the eating but i will report back on my findings..

As Promised..

Rumours are correct, my 2 sales managers have just been away at a general Audi UK sales meeting and amongst other things they had a sneak look at the RS3. The car is due to be open for factory ordering from the beginning of the new year and only 500 are going to get built. They were estimating that first customer deliveries would be during June/July.

The engine will be the same as in the TTRS but no prices have yet been released. (brochure attached)

Deposits are being taken now, however it is not a guarantee that you would be one of the lucky 500, but the earlier the deposit the better chance a customer would have. I personally have 5 customers including yourself who over the last few months have wanted to inquired to leave a deposit on one.

Deposit required is £ 2000, which would be fully refunded if you weren’t successful. I suspect that due to the limited number, a few speculators will be ordering them to then sell for a profit just like what happened when the R8 was launched.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Oh come on chaps !! I don't want to **** on ya fireworks but.." i have put down a deposit"..."I have pitched a tent"..." I have sold the wife into prostitution"

We don't even know how many doors it has...:) or the small matter of the price ?..or really what it looks like...or if it even exists :)

What we do know is...will it be value for money :) :)

So they want a deposit as soon as poss to stand a chance of being "lucky"..BUT they don't know how much it will be or if its 3 door or 5 door !! Colours ? options ? and they will build and deliver it ahead of all the loyal customers still waiting for their A3/S3's ?

Now we all know what vorsprung durch technik. means ( We saw you coming) :)

Paddy - its a deposit, not a black hole. If and when details are finalised and one is not happy, request a refund on the deposit.

if i had a spare 2g's and was confident i could take delivery of a £40k+ motor next year id get in my car now, drive to Audi and do it..

If the release of the RS3 is due in early 2011, I assume it will be based on the current and soon to be replaced platform.

Seems a bit late in the day to be releasing a new model based on the old platform. Perhaps it's just to kept up some interest in the current A3 before the new one is released, probably at the German Motor Show in September 2011.

My sentiments entirely Dave - it is an ageing platform althought that said, the same principles apply to the RS4, right? The only model(s) to buck the trend are the TTRS and RS5...

Paddy - its a deposit, not a black hole. If and when details are finalised and one is not happy, request a refund on the deposit.

I take your point but in my buisiness if you place a deposit and then pull out you lose the deposit. I cant see the point of as deposit otherwise ?

As Promised..

Rumours are correct, my 2 sales managers have just been away at a general Audi UK sales meeting and amongst other things they had a sneak look at the RS3. The car is due to be open for factory ordering from the beginning of the new year and only 500 are going to get built. They were estimating that first customer deliveries would be during June/July.

The engine will be the same as in the TTRS but no prices have yet been released. (brochure attached)

Deposits are being taken now, however it is not a guarantee that you would be one of the lucky 500, but the earlier the deposit the better chance a customer would have. I personally have 5 customers including yourself who over the last few months have wanted to inquired to leave a deposit on one.

Deposit required is £ 2000, which would be fully refunded if you weren’t successful. I suspect that due to the limited number, a few speculators will be ordering them to then sell for a profit just like what happened when the R8 was launched.

I do not believe the 500 only, and my garage does not require a 2k deposit, They said1k be fine, which I have just put down. It is true though Deposit is fully refundable even if you change your mind.

As Promised..

That says it all really, that is isn't confirmation at all, confirmation would be handing you a brochure, a price list and the keys to test drive their demo model!

Of course they will take a deposit, they can sit on £2k of your hard earned, make interest in it, bolster their cash flows and sales figures, then give it back in March when the rumours turn out to be just that, or sorry to use his coded language "if you turn out to be unsuccesful" or "it is not a guarantee that you would be one of the lucky 500" - what is this a f**king lottery or something...

Some unscrupulous dealers have been taking deposits for months now, and some point blank refuse to as they have some morals. It seems to depend on the franchise owner.

Beanoir think that is a little harsh, for one how much interest are we going to really make on 1k? in 6 months at the wonderful rates we are offered now days. IF there is a limited edition if you do not leave a deposit now, YOU will not get one, and you are sort of right it is a lottery though an RS 3 lottery will be better than the R8 GT lottery that was abused by Audi Dealers. I am 100% certain an RS3 will happen, details will be released later on. Bad news is think you at least looking at 45k-50k :(

Right, i'm going to get this from the horses mouth, i'll let you know how much of this is true or not. And I don't mean by walking into a dealers and asking them!

What on earth is the reasoning behind putting £1k or £2k down on something if you can simply change your mind later and get it back ? I hate this idea Audi has that rather than being a valued customer with £40k in your pocket...or even £10k for a second hand car..You are actually extremal lucky to be able to buy one of their cars at all !! you will get what you are given and will wait as long as it takes and as such will be treated like complete fool...As a completely inefficient company we have no where near the production capability we need to meet orders in a reasonable time and therefore treat our customers with any respect or courtesy. But rest assured :) we will charge you a silly price for this privalage and double the usuall going rate should you need the services of our workshops :)

Last edited:
Well it is not like AUDI are the only company that these days treat us like this, lets face it in the world of throw away, want want want making supply and demand the way of life,We have no choice, but at least they do give the deposit back, where as some others do not, hence you would never get what you want when only 500 is available.

Someone better let Audi UK know soon as they have no details on the release of an RS3 - nor why dealer would be taking deposits. :detective2:

What on earth is the reasoning behind putting £1k or £2k down on something if you can simply change your mind later and get it back ?

I think the reasoning is because they can, they are making money of gullible members of the public, it's effectively money for old rope. I could understand if people had even been shown a promotional postcard of the dam thing or something, but based on an email from another member of the sales team??

I'm sorry, I may well be wrong on this, in fact my sources are probably not much different to anybody elses, and I hope that the OP is well informed and he gets his RS3 deliverd in June. But I would not put that much money down on a car thats rumoured to exist based on an email confirmation from effectively another member of the sales team.

I heard the 3:42 at newmarket will be a rinsing by the yeti riding the unicorn, might stick a tenner on it.

Beanoir, I don't understand your reasoning, the RS3 has been shown by Audi at an Audi forum based once a year to Dealership Managers (note it is a AUDI MANAGER forum, it was actually the service manager that informed me last night he had just got back) at the NEC Birmingham, and Shown I mean an RS3 actually driven out on a stage with a release of 2011, but no date confirmed. The Ironic thing is pretty well most Sales Staff in an Audi garage still will not know, they do not want Sales staff to know on the actual shop floor until as late as possible as they rather them sell a current car, than tell someone about an RS3 and the Customer says "Oh really I will wait" here is a deposit.
For me, I think it is a foregone conclusion that there will be an RS3, and IF there is a limited edition of say 500. I want to be one that may have one, it is a win win situation in my case. as for £1000-00 deposit for the 6 months, for one I paid on CC, I get cash back on that, and 6-8 weeks to pay it off with no interest on balance, pretty well covers the interest I would get if sitting in a bank.
Yes I hate the current situation we live in regarding supply and demand, but ok I could be Stubbon, and end up not getting what I want.

I just feel its not going to be special enough to justify that amount of money on a 7 year old platform so I'm not bothered if it comes out or not LOL

Another thing that I find doesn't quite add up, is that if it were true and this was announced at some big Audi event at the NEC and dealers around the country were taking deposits, how on earth is the nations motoring press completely oblivious to it?

Mayfair Audi have refused to take my money on a deposit for an RS3 by the way, they say that until it's been announced they won't be taking any. I pushed further and said that I know of people paying dealers around the country and if that meant they were in the queue before me i'd be quite annoyed especially if it meant I wouldn't get one or had to go further down a waiting list. His response was, there is no official announcement of an RS3, and that a dealer taking a deposit is doing so against the advice of Audi UK and that a deposit of this nature will not give anybody an advantage if and when it is announced. A point he made was that how can somebody putting a deposit down on a car they haven't even specced (because you can't) let alone ordered mean they get there's first? I couldn't answer that question, but think I understand his point.

My dealer said they couldn't possibly take a deposit without running a full background check on my family tree, education and political affiliation first and that would take 3 months. I would then have to swear allegiance to Audi and not comment on the seven year old platform in public. I would have to write to Audi once a month expressing my gratitude for having been chosen to own one of their cars and express delight at the prospect of paying £40k for a car with no DAB option and where Cruise and a map light are considered options at extra cost. :)