RS3 Discussion Thread

My dealer said they couldn't possibly take a deposit without running a full background check on my family tree, education and political affiliation first and that would take 3 months. I would then have to swear allegiance to Audi and not comment on the seven year old platform in public. I would have to write to Audi once a month expressing my gratitude for having been chosen to own one of their cars and express delight at the prospect of paying £40k for a car with no DAB option and where Cruise and a map light are considered options at extra cost. :)

You mean you don't have to slit the throat of a virgin over the bonnet of an A5 on the winter solstice?

You mean you don't have to slit the throat of a virgin over the bonnet of an A5 on the winter solstice?

No virgins left in surry bean !! we are down to goats now !..We did try blow up dolls but they were a let down :laugh:

Last edited:
Oh dear, it must be happening, it's a sticky. I will have to hang my head in shame and retire to the M3cutters forum from now on!

Last edited:
Its deffo happening although at the Audi UK forum it was stated it was Q3/4 2011.

There was a physical finished car on stage in white... RSTT engine, 0-62 in 4.7secs

A guy at stafford Audi said the rumours are flying about and they are all aware of them but there is nothing yet, no deposits being taken because ot doesnt exist!(not that I could afford one!)

So to summarise.......

Certain AUDI dealers are now officially fraudsters.
A car that doesnt exist is too expensive and probably **** anyway.
Bretts chips are soaked in ****

There is less hate for AUDIs on MLR than on here!

C`mon ya Miserable buggers.

Cheers
Paul

Damm you PaulAr, you made me lose count of my pennies

Wonder if there is a hierarchy in the Audi Dealerships?

As for too expensive, everything is to sodding expensive now days, look at a bottle of water, pint of beer, even an new BMW M3 for that matter, I think the RS3 be a pretty good price as long as it includes certain must have options like Buckets, Sat Nav etc. if you took a S3, added those options that are standard on an RS3 will not be as bad as all that. Really hope they move the ignition key socket, hate that now after using some of the later Audi's, most important though the boot release to be on a button, and for it to open all the way up, that is the deal breaker for me.

I was in my revo dealer today they said they got to do a TTRS Tomorrow, I got to say the figures they were quoting on a stage one remap were pretty rediculous, cannot remember exact, sure it was around 430 BHP, maybe a little less 420 ish, and the Torque increase was quite laughable it was so high.

So to summarise.......

Certain AUDI dealers are now officially fraudsters.
A car that doesnt exist is too expensive and probably **** anyway.
Bretts chips are soaked in ****

There is less hate for AUDIs on MLR than on here!

C`mon ya Miserable buggers.

Cheers
Paul

LOL, we sure are. I'm just going to scan German & british ebay and wait for a TTRS engine to pop up & fit it to my A3 :)

Wonder if there is a hierarchy in the Audi Dealerships?

I doubt it, well at least I'd hope not. But if there is, then Mayfair is their flagship dealer, and they are certainly not taking deposits on RS3s, which I find bizarre if there really was one on it's way considering the potential client base they could upset if all of this limited number and first on the list stuff is true.

Twitty Rascal will be spitting his diamond encrusted dummy right out!

Actually..I didnt want to **** on his fireworks !! happy to pee on his chips :)

Anyway...I love Audi's..its Audi i hate :)

Last edited:
don't know where this murmor of 2k deposit has come from with a 500 limited models... I've checked into it today further up the chain to check oout what my dealer had told me after reading some of the comments on this thread. How could they only make 500 and then give to the lucky 500.... It doesn't work like that in real life, those who've registered interest with a deposit no matter if its £250 or £5grand, audi can only fairly sell to those who are on the list and have paid a deposit... They haven't even confirmed the car yet and if they have confirmed there will be 500 models, the one on show at the Audi whatever convention 2011 it is was a 4-door sportback..... so in which case I won't be buying one of the '500' 4-door models up for release....

I personally do not believe the 500 myth, I would prefer a 3 door, but tbh as the 5door is only a few inches longer, it would not bother me as much and getting in and out of the front is a pain for rear passengers, wonder if the boot is smaller though on a 5 door over a 3?

It will not disappoint me N8, we all ready know that engine in a peach, we know it is very tunable, I love the size of the A3, pretty sure it will have the active damper etc. so should be a better ride than S3 stock when just pottering around, 7 speed DSG, S3 is a little too high geared for my liking on motorway, I think they onto a winner if it is not to over priced.

But Time will tell

But Time will tell

thumbsUp.jpg

:laugh:

I was told by my dealer this morning the following.

The car does now officially exist but is only going to be a Sportback, they
did show the car to dealer representatives on Wednesday evening - There wont
be a 3dr version of this car.

As soon as I know any more information I will communicate it to you.

So Audi mysteriously confirmed the RS3 to some UK dealers but no-one else?? Not buying a word anymore until I see official release

Yes i wanted a 3door one aswell, they always look better in my opinion, you should know audi by now they dont like press releases, ie most people knew about the RS5 R8 V8 spider and a few others before official news

So Audi mysteriously confirmed the RS3 to some UK dealers but no-one else?? Not buying a word anymore until I see official release

Hardly, I can only assume that all Audi dealerships are invited to the yearly Audi Conference to show cars being released for 2011, but as I said before it is only Managers that go, and apparently they do not like telling the salesman on the shop floor about anything new till it is actually available for order. I.E When I picked up my S3 from My Audi garage the Service manager told me of his trip, with his sales manager I guess, to the Yearly forums last Wednesday, When I phoned up next day to the guy who sold me my S3 he still maintained nope no such car, only last week the Sales Guys were asking each other while I was on the phone about it and said NO way is a RS3 going to be released, these guys are the last to know anything, they are also told not to read anything on the net or take it into account when actually dealing with Customers, and some actually do not bother with rumour and general forums.

I did ask about the new A3, and I was told nothing was mentioned, nothing shown so certainly not 2011

Its nothing to do an official release. Its a lot more simple than that.

If a dealership representative was at the Audi Forum in Birmingham they will have SEEN the car in the flesh. The whole purpose of the Audi meeting is to drum up excitment of up and coming car releases as well as discuss the dealer networks aims/objectives for the following year!

This is why some people know about it within Audi and others don't.

It WILL be released next year, next you will be saying there won't be an R8 GT car (which was also there!) and the new A7.

Stage 1 remap on the TTRS is 400 ish BHP not 430!

I can't wait to hear what you all say when you find out I'm 100% correct ;)

I spec'd up version is going to be 40k near or dammit too

What would kill it for me is its going to look bland !! Many will say understated but i say...couldnt be bothered. All RS models seem to lack identity to me. Having just returned from Audi's and seen the new TT FSi which now has the S body kit and exhaust you have to say there is no real difference between the base model and the RS outside !
The other slightly off topic observation is paint quality !! what the hell has happened to Audi ?? Is this a result of water based paint or the new no thinners regs in the EU ? The black finishes are almost satin in places the orange peel is that bad. The sepang blue was little better.

I just hope its a manual if its a 5door, if it was a DSG and 5door it would definatly be a no sale to me. But seen as the TTRS only comes with a manual gearbox it should be fine. The ideal RS3 would be a mean looking 3 door with a manual gearbox and buckets, and the ability to thump the RS500 into next week with some decent steering feel

What would kill it for me is its going to look bland !! Many will say understated but i say...couldnt be bothered. All RS models seem to lack identity to me. Having just returned from Audi's and seen the new TT FSi which now has the S body kit and exhaust you have to say there is no real difference between the base model and the RS outside !
The other slightly off topic observation is paint quality !! what the hell has happened to Audi ?? Is this a result of water based paint or the new no thinners regs in the EU ? The black finishes are almost satin in places the orange peel is that bad. The sepang blue was little better.

whinge alert

whinge alert

Go and look for yourself...The Std TT has the TTS kit now and thats like a TTRS...the paint is bad....really bad if its a dark colour !! I first noticed it on a 0/10 BMW a few weeks back. I wouldn't mind betting its a new type of paint...

Last edited:
Ford paint is excellent I gather - just like the rest of their build quality, materials, performance, reliability etc etc :undwech:

Its nothing to do an official release. Its a lot more simple than that.

If a dealership representative was at the Audi Forum in Birmingham they will have SEEN the car in the flesh. The whole purpose of the Audi meeting is to drum up excitment of up and coming car releases as well as discuss the dealer networks aims/objectives for the following year!

This is why some people know about it within Audi and others don't.

It WILL be released next year, next you will be saying there won't be an R8 GT car (which was also there!) and the new A7.

Stage 1 remap on the TTRS is 400 ish BHP not 430!

I can't wait to hear what you all say when you find out I'm 100% correct ;)

why not just repeat everything some have all ready said,

and Revo Stage one is 418, I know it was around 420 just could not remember exact to 430, I saw the figures quoted that a revo dealer was going to remap an TT RS

So 100 % incorrect tbh :)

Go and look for yourself...The Std TT has the TTS kit now and thats like a TTRS...the paint is bad....really bad if its a dark colour !! I first noticed it on a 0/10 BMW a few weeks back. I wouldn't mind betting its a new type of paint...

They are just overpriced posh skodas for Gays anyway......