RS3 Discussion Thread

I thought they were 19s :sadlike! Plus have to agree like the rs4 rims were overused now these 5 spokes are on loads of models they should be only on RS models not on black editions as well
I'd be disappointed to pull up in my rs5 or rs3 next to a 2.0tdi BE with the same rims

I thought they were 19s :sadlike! Plus have to agree like the rs4 rims were overused now these 5 spokes are on loads of models they should be only on RS models not on black editions as well
I'd be disappointed to pull up in my rs5 or rs3 next to a 2.0tdi BE with the same rims

Your right they are 19s. Agree the RS models should have there own wheels, Audi are just lazy and like using the same wheels for most models s-line, S range to RS range lol

Wow! What a sound, my kids are going on eBay!!
On the paddles, it looks like he's driving a manual, I know it can't be but he's really exaggeratiing his movements

It also sounds like the car is blipping the throttle on down changes? Is this the car or is he doing something to make it do this?

PI - i've only ever known two car manufacturers to get the paddle layout right - Nissan and Ferrari. If you look at both of these cars, the paddles are on the steering column opposed to on the steering wheel itself, hence when the steering moves, the paddles remain in the correct position.

If you notice its difficult to use the paddles when the steering wheel is turned because its difficult to get to them. Essentially your hands are always supposed to be in the "10 to 2" position therefore the paddles should never turn with the wheel. The GTR skyline paddles don't move with the wheel nor do the F430.

I'm probably the only Saddo thats noticed this but its a vital design flaw IMO!

My dealr told me delivery would be after Summer here in Sweden , seems that all of you guys have said july/August Delivery now :/

Hotrod spot on with the paddles moving being a flaw. The guy in the video is using the S-tronic stick to shift up or down.

Gotta say it does look and sound pretty special. Still a lot of cash but only a fraction slower than a standard R8 :eyebrows:

Hotrod spot on with the paddles moving being a flaw. The guy in the video is using the S-tronic stick to shift up or down.

Gotta say it does look and sound pretty special. Still a lot of cash but only a fraction slower than a standard R8 :eyebrows:

RS - the other thing i meant to add is there is nothing special about paddles anymore either - its more a gimmick!
You can buy an A1 with Paddles! LOL!

Last edited:
Apparently more than the 500 allocation for the UK have been ordered. Audi didn't contact the dealers and let them know that there were none left.

The result is that the dealers have to contact the people who made the most recent orders to let them know that they won't be getting one. Think there could be a few upset people...

Apparently more than the 500 allocation for the UK have been ordered. Audi didn't contact the dealers and let them know that there were none left.

The result is that the dealers have to contact the people who made the most recent orders to let them know that they won't be getting one. Think there could be a few upset people...

Bit a stupid error on Audi's part if thats the case. You would think that they would have the necessary controls in place to avoid that from happening. I can see people asking for more then there deposit back, especially as Audi have taken money and probably made interest on it!

So basically they've more then likely taken a 3K deposit for every order placed, and at 500 cars that works out at around 1.5 Million Quid!

They'll make a tidy sum of interest on that considering that nobody as yet has an actual build date! :think:

Wasn't too sure about the extra money for the RS3 but I think I need to go find me one after fifth gear

Hi there,

Has anyone had any updates from their Audi dealers over the last two weeks regarding their RS3 build week or delivery date? Also, does anyone know (particularly TTRS owners) the gap between build week and dealer delivery?

Cheers

YouTube - Audi RS3 meets Audi RS3 ....

Has anyone had any updates from their Audi dealers over the last two weeks regarding their RS3 build week or delivery date? Also, does anyone know (particularly TTRS owners) the gap between build week and dealer delivery?

I had my car in for a service last week and asked my stealer. He's still sticking with October / September time but that's still not confirmed.

Hi there,

Cheers

YouTube - Audi RS3 meets Audi RS3 ....

I've been informed its around 5-6 weeks from Build to Delivery. Again not had any updates apart from to say that initial deliveries are now scheduled later then originally announced.

Just had a phone call from my Audi dealer with some great news, my build date is June and said I will be driving my new RS3 that month, so give your dealers a buzz to check yours...

So if anyone interested I'm selling

S3 S tronic Black edition 2011 on a 60 plate
Ibis White, 18" 5 arm rotor titanium alloys
Acoustic parking, cruise control, light & rain sensor
Heated seats
Red & Black nappa double stitch leather seat
Sat Nav, bluetooth, tinted windows, Bose.
Miles 2,500
£30,000

Just had a phone call from my Audi dealer with some great news, my build date is June and said I will be driving my new RS3 that month, so give your dealers a buzz to check yours...

Hi Vin,

When did you place your order and what options did you get?

Hi Vin,

Hi mate,

Placed order in December some time, went for red with the black and red wheels, tinted windows, bose, black styling body kit, heated seats
cruise control, cant remember if there was anything else i added to my order.

Hi Vin,

Hi mate,

Placed order in December some time, went for red with the black and red wheels, tinted windows, bose, black styling body kit, heated seats

Hi mate,

Fair play. At least you have confirmed delivery for June. Good luck with the sale on the S3!

Popped in to my dealers last week. They reckon they'll get their demonstrator in July/Aug and expect mine to be delivered Aug/Sept. Of the 9 or so they've sold, 2 had a build week of 48.......

Latest info I have is that there will be no RS3s delivered this year. Not sure how long the build takes, but I guess a build week of 48 would tie in with what I've been told.

So they'll be delivered just as the new A3 is unveiled in Geneva!

And why are dealers being given demonstrators if the total RHD allocation is sold out?:think: Is that so dealers can speculate and sell over book?

Glad I didn't order one in the end.

I think i'm going to kill someone at this rate. If they have no build date announced why are they taking orders and more importantly it makes me want to cancel my order and go elsewhere! Its a bit **** poor on Audi's part to be honest!

I always thought this car had been rushed through to compete with the BM M1, as I was originally told before it was officially released they were looking at a release date of Q3 and 1st deliveries end of the year.

Still be a great car/ well engine, they say they are sold out, and only 500 etc. sure they will build another batch if required.

I am also glad I got my deposit back though I quite happy wait for the next gen A3 with the same engine in as the RS3 that is quicker 0-60, my S3 be around 3 yr old by then.

Are they only making a sportback version ? i'd luv to see the RS3 in a hatchback :drool:

Sorry to say guys i've ended up cancelling my order due to no build dates or confirmed delivery times.
Looking to get a 1M instead.

Hi,
I to have had the Knockback last e-mail i had from them says that they are looking at the new year,originally September.

Shame really......but on this occasion i will say that Audi have poorly planned all of this. If you plan to launch a limited edition car, at least ensure your production is ready and stop quoting times that you know you cannot meet. I've spoken to two people now who have also cancelled because Audi are unable to meet the time frames originally quoted and deposits were paid based on the times quoted.

BMW are winning the production race - they are launching the 1M this Saturday with deliveries actually taking place as of this weekend. I'm off to BMW tomorrow to see a car they have in for another customer. I've secured a slot so am going to check it out.

Audi have just made a **** poor job of this IMO. Some are prepared to wait, but others not so patient!

Last edited:
Official Update!!!
Hot off the press. 200 will be delivered in 2011 with the remaining 300 in 2012. The first deliveries will start in very limited numbers from the end of July. I have got a build date of week 48 so my dealer says I might just get it in time for Christmas!
Official Press launch is 6th June.

Was speaking to my dealer yesterday and he's checked my order number again in the system and it still says build week 21 which is from this Monday, he tells me it will b between 3-4 weeks there after I will have it.

I've had a similar story from my dealer. From their information, there seems to be two build weeks, either 26 or 48. I was not told the number of units being built within the respective build weeks. Apparently the notification from Audi UK stated that all customers should be advised to add a 4 week contingency to their build week and then add around 3 weeks for delivery. So, in the case of build week 26 cars, delivery should be prior to the end of August. Whether the contingency need to be considered for cars built in later build weeks, I'm unaware.

In my case, my car is currently allocated to build week 48, despite being ordered on 18th January. I guess there were already quite a number of deposits prior to the order book opening.

Final two points from Audi was that there is an issue with certain paints due to a component in them not being available due the Japanese disaster. And no dealers will now receive demo cars as these build slots have been allocated to customers.

I have to admit, I’m more than a little miffed that I may not receive my car until a full 12 months after ordering it. Fingers crossed this comes forward.

Hi Vinny1690 and Moontang - here is the full extract from the Audi UK info sent to my dealer.

We appreciate the challenges that Centres are facing due to the lack of information on this model, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to obtain updates from the factory.

Allocation and production

We currently have 500 confirmed build slots for RS 3 Sportback.

We have requested additional allocation from Audi AG, but have not received confirmation that this request can be accommodated.

Please therefore note the following important information with effect from Thursday 19 May:

• Any existing Centre showroom or stock vehicles which have not been converted to customer orders will be deleted from SLI.
  • Centres may continue to place new customer orders until the close of business.
  • RS 3 Sportback will be removed from ordering on Sli overnight.
  • Any order amendments after this date will need to be requested through the Sales Office.

As and when we receive confirmation that additional UK allocation has been granted, a Desktop bulletin will be sent and the model will be released for ordering again on SLI.

We anticipate a surge in interest after the UK Press launch when the first road test reports are published. Until we have confirmation that additional volume is secured, we would suggest that Centres do not take customer deposits, but register customer details via the Audi UK Register of Interest at Audi Register of Interest System :: Login. Vehicles would then be allocated in date of interest order as per the normal process.

Build weeks

Wherever possible, we have entered a required build week for every RS 3 Sportback into SLi. As per the usual RS process, vehicles have been allocated in date of deposit order.

Therefore, if your vehicle shows a visible build week, this is a good indication as to when it will be scheduled for production, although we would suggest 1 month’s flexibility is added when indicating a delivery date to your customers.

If no week is displayed, it is likely that the vehicle has not been scheduled due to the paint colour choice, or because it will be built in 2012.

If exclusive paint has been selected, the vehicle will be scheduled by the factory in due course, so please continue to monitor SLi for any update.

If Suzuka grey paint has been selected, this colour will not be released by the factory until week 26, so cars will not schedule until after that date. Build weeks should be visible after this time.

For all other orders with no week, it is likely that the vehicle will be scheduled for build in 2012.
We will not receive a production plan for next year until Q4/2011, but if you would like an indication of delivery in the meantime then please contact the team via r8info@audi.co.uk.

Deliveries

We anticipate that approximately 200 Centre and customer vehicles will be delivered in 2011, with the remaining 300 customer cars being delivered in 2012.

First customer deliveries will commence in very limited numbers towards the end of July.

Launch events

The UK Press launch will commence on Monday 6 June.

There is no planned Centre launch for this model.

Centre demonstrator vehicles

Any physical Centre demonstrator vehicles will be held at Port and not released for delivery until the Press launch has ended.

Please note that Centres are not permitted to sell their Market Introduction demonstrator vehicles to customers until they are 3 months old.

PI - i've only ever known two car manufacturers to get the paddle layout right - Nissan and Ferrari. If you look at both of these cars, the paddles are on the steering column opposed to on the steering wheel itself, hence when the steering moves, the paddles remain in the correct position.

If you notice its difficult to use the paddles when the steering wheel is turned because its difficult to get to them. Essentially your hands are always supposed to be in the "10 to 2" position therefore the paddles should never turn with the wheel. The GTR skyline paddles don't move with the wheel nor do the F430.

I'm probably the only Saddo thats noticed this but its a vital design flaw IMO!

Nope, it annoys me a bit too. The paddles on the Maserati Gran Turismo are the same (on the column rather than the wheel).

The only time I ever use the paddles is when coming out of a corner to shift up as the car will hand about at 2000rpm for my liking. 90% of the time the wheel is still turning so I struggle to hit the paddle.