RS3 Discussion Thread

Evening all,

So, another week on. Have any of you good people had any further information?

Thank you.

As some of you know I have placed my order with an Audi dealership in Scotland for the rs3. I am thinking about leaving this order and go for a different car eg. Jeep later on in the year. If you know anyone who is interested in wanting an rs3 with the spec of there choice I will be happy to pass my order onto them.

As some of you know I have placed my order with an Audi dealership in Scotland for the rs3. I am thinking about leaving this order and go for a different car eg. Jeep later on in the year. If you know anyone who is interested in wanting an rs3 with the spec of there choice I will be happy to pass my order onto them.

Cancelled mine too. Bought BMW 1M instead .

Does delivery dates mean they could still be making it when the new model is out? I'm sure the wait will be a big cause off cancellations.

Timing of this car seems to be very strange the more I think about it, BMW M1 as well considering they both have replacements supposedly due to be released next year. The BMW M1 is a beast though- from what I've read. Just strange that both Brands have chosen these beasts to be the swan song for both of their respected platforms??

Hi,
Latest fron Audi is that i have no time as to delivery ,they have hinted that they could be willing to give me something free but have not said what that could mean.possibly a nice T shirt.
would rather have some free bucket seats in the quited leather.

The latest Evo magazine they put the M1 against TTRS, 370z and cayman R. Surprisingly they rated the M1 better than the TTRS which is obviously going to be a sportier chassis than the RS3. Personally if I had been waiting for the RS3 I'd be swaying to the M1 or saving up abit for a TTRS

My own Personal opinion, and I have the Evo mag delivered every month or so, It is extremely Bias towards certain manufacturers, though Audi do make somewhat safer cars in my view so it makes them less fun maybe, but still I think most reports on Audi 4wd cars are rather harsh.

i emailed my dealer last week and still not had a reply from him think i better call him before i go away on holiday tomorrow sohe can chase it up and give me an answer to when my order will be built so i know where to keep it or get rid of it!

If I had the money (dreaming) I would go for the 1M it is simply stunning on the outside but the RS3 has the nicer cabin.

Royal Military Academy Heritage Day, Sandhurst, on Sunday June 19th 2011 11.00-4.30pm
The Audi RS 3 Sportback: built on our racing heritage
In the world of Audi motorsport, there are few things more evocative than the letters RS. Over the years, our RS models have provided a showcase for some of our most advanced technologies and pioneering designs - and the Audi RS 3 Sportback is no different.
With its 5-cylinder 2.5-litre turbocharged engine and 7-speed S tronic® transmission, it's capable of O-62mph in just 4.6 seconds and produces a remarkable 34OPS of power. It also has the latest version of our quattro® all-wheel-drive system, delivering outstanding handling and performance in all conditions. And with features including 19-inch alloy wheels, RS exterior body styling and flared front wheel arches made from lightweight carbon-fibre reinforced plastic, the RS 3 has looks to match all the racing prowess its name suggests.
audisr3.jpg
Following Audi's success at the 24 hour Le Mans last weekend where the Audi R18 won the race, the Colbornes Group are proud to be able to offer you the first public opportunity to see the awesome RS 3 prior to the official launch in November 2011.

Impressive, i know! Its a shame it looks just like any other S3 sportback! Biggest let down in the looks dept!

That was a good review, thanks for the post hot rod. The M1 sounds exciting, but you'll need to get it on a track to really see what it's all about, I think the SB wins as a daily with it's 3.8 :w00t: and everyday usability. Wouldn't mind ragging that M1 about though, it does sound like fun!

No probs ~RS~! The only thing for me is i've seen the 1M in the flesh and have to say it does look the part. Whether the Audi will look any better in real life is something we'll have to wait and see. Granted tho, 3.8s is hard to ignore! Few cars can touch that!

I would have expected the TTRS to post similar times tho considering its the same engine and if anything, much lighter?!

I cant imagine any one being dissapointed with either of the two cars. In relation to my skill level, either car will cope with more than I ever would dare so it would come down to looks. IMHO, the M1 is pretty horrid - the maxpower rear bumper and saggy door lines dont work for me.

Khufu - i thought the same until i saw it in the flesh. I ended up seeing a customers car at BMW in Valencia Orange and it looked the business. Its a butch looking car, or more a 1 series coupe on steroids! IMPO the RS3 could have done with some steroids. It doesn't really represent RS looks for a car that could match most supercars in a straight line!

Hi all
New member here, browse these forums every now & then, like reading the banter and seeing all the different motors
Joined this morning just to share some in the flesh rs3 pics, it was at an Audi sponsored event near me yesterday, sat in it, took some pics, had a chat with the reps etc
Link here
Flickr: LukenS3's Photostream

Hi,
Well finally got a build date 2nd of November ,do you think i'll get it before Christmas,I doubt it.

Wow thats a pretty damning assessment from Autocar! Seen an M1 the other day in W1 and I have to say it does look and sound mean and vicious!! Took off like an stealth bomber too :wub:

The 3.8 secs and practicality of the RS3 are still key points, though the talk of an uncomfortable ride from Autocar is a major downer especially for anybody living in London:scared2:

Wow thats a pretty damning assessment from Autocar! Seen an M1 the other day in W1 and I have to say it does look and sound mean and vicious!! Took off like an stealth bomber too :wub:

The 3.8 secs and practicality of the RS3 are still key points, though the talk of an uncomfortable ride from Autocar is a major downer especially for anybody living in London:scared2:

I'll Take an BMW M1 Any Day ......:thumbsup:

ive just spoken to my dealer and they have no information on my car yet! i mean nothing, dont know when it will be going to production or anything like that? is there any otherway to check your order without speaking to you dealership?

Edinburgh Audi have an RS3 in black in the showroom, boy it's dissapointing.

I walked past thinking it was just a normal S3, only the silver tipped roof spoiler made me do a double take.

Poor show Audi....

Just a drive over to Edinburgh audi as I was through doing some shopping with my gf to have a look at the rs3.

I need to say poor show! The one in dealership is over £44k. I walked out thinking to myself, that is just like my sportback s3! Hardly any difference to be truthful!

Looks like the order will def be cancelled! A really gutter to be truthful! The gf talked to me about it and has kinda made me think bout a range sport instead of the rs3 and to go for something different! If I was anyone who put an order down go see it in person first befre u make your mind up!

Looks like Audi's usual understated look is just a bit too understated in this case. The ultimate danger is it going to be little more than a remapped S3 with a nice sounding exhaust & a premium price tag in most peoples eyes.

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd revist the thread to see whats going on in the world of the RS3. As posted previously, i had an RS3 on order and then cancelled due no delivery updates and also the fact that the looks of the RS3 after great consideration didnt really represent what i would have expected for a 'RS' Car. Instead i moved to the dark side and bought a 1M which i collected on Saturday.

For those of you waiting, i hope the deliveries take place soon. I think the RS3 will still be a great car no doubt but Audi really need to get themselves into order when there are so many still waiting. Looking back now, i think this is a 'rush job' from audi to launch at the same time as BMW. Could be debated im sure.

Here's a picture of what 'potentially' could have been my RS3:-

attachment.php
attachment.php

I saw my first 1M yesterday and it definitely has presence on the road. Good choice and good car from what I've read!!!