RS3 Discussion Thread

To me it looks like it has Saggy doors .the front is proper busy In my opinion

Congrats on your new car though

Looks like Audi's usual understated look is just a bit too understated in this case. The ultimate danger is it going to be little more than a remapped S3 with a nice sounding exhaust & a premium price tag in most peoples eyes.

+1

The 1M certainly has presence. I don't drive the car everyday, but those who take the time to look see more then a standard 1 coupe and yes, it does get attention. For me, the RS3 will not turn enough heads and if your paying that kind of money (and buying a limited edition car) you want someone to think of it as something more then an S3 sport back. I think that was the main reason for canceling my order.

Having previously come from an S3, I would certainly buy another. No doubt about it! S3 was an awesome car. I look forward to the next generation!

Last edited:
There's a black 1M in Sytner Cardiff, popped in to look and to be fair it looked superb! Have'nt seen an RS3 in the flesh yet but don't think I'd ever own one unless they made a 3dr version.

Had a nose at the one in Edinburgh Audi as well. No bucket seats and looked pretty standard. More like just a sportback black edition to be honest.

awesome car hotrod... Would much prefer one of them to a RS3 tbh,different if there was a manual 3door one but there aint so ****** good choice lad!! just needs BMW performance bucket seats & its :wub:

awesome car hotrod... Would much prefer one of them to a RS3 tbh,different if there was a manual 3door one but there aint so ****** good choice lad!! just needs BMW performance bucket seats & its :wub:

Oh S3 - had i ordered an RS3 in 3dr form and perhaps a 6 speed manual i would have held out and waited. Now having seen that car above for sale, i'm glad i made the change. Thats looks like a box-standard sportback. I'd however take that engine note any day of the week! ;-)

Its been debated that the 1M doesnt live up the sound expectation or exhaust note, but having a six pot it sounds like it has muscle. Infact some have said it sounds better then the E92 M3 and now having had it two weeks i would agree. Still running in mind you...

Last edited:
Seen an 1M on the M60 - AMAZING road presence.

Was the colour Valencia Orange? If so then it may have me. I picked mine up this Wednesday.
This car has road presence the RS3 can only dream of.

Pictures111138.jpg

Pictures111141.jpg

Reactions: RedDejavu
This car has road presence the RS3 can only dream of

I still personally would have the TT-RS other both, especially one like this

img0746g.jpg

That pretty much is perfection for me right there :wub:

Anyhow, I think it was a black one I saw, really can't remember :laugh: I saw a white RS3 on deansgate the other day, had to double check tbh.

I put the 500 deposit down on an RS3 in december and they told me i would have to come back in january when the order book opened so i went down and ordered 1 from newcastle audi on the 5th january, all they told me when i ordered it that was it would be quarter 3 of 2011 they never committed to and exact month. They told me in april that the build date was 23rd august but i would not get it until 4 weeks after that, I work away and came back last week and went to audi to pay the balance on it and they have told me it will be ready for me to pick up on the 21st of september so they have stuck to there original statement of Q3 of 2011. But they also told me when i went in that someone ordered one 3 weeks after me and there build date is not until the end of december which means they wont get it until the end of january - if that was me i would of cancelled the order and went else were

Good find Ash, I think the RS3 looks like it's trying to hard where as most Audis look effortless if that makes sense :ninja:

Agree with you. If i had that sort of money i'd be looking at either an TTRS or maybe some sort of cheeky porsche.
Cant believe how much of a let down the RS3 been after all the years of waiting and the hype around it. I think the designer should of came on here and asked for some advise or ideas :laugh:

N8 i havent seen a 1m on the road yet, but it just looks disjointed to me from all angles! for that price wouldnt you rather get a second hand m3? i would

GRIZZLY

224447_10150740655925177_612765176_19966677_7319428_n.jpg

Reactions: IceHanger, HSP and pinterovski
Glass roof though (Germany only apparently), not too sure about added weight?!?!?!

Reactions: nshort10
seen this yesterday on my way to work purple rs3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 45bvtc
honest when i was a couple of cars behind it in the sun it was purple ! ill see if it has been put in my local audi and ill get a better picture , one of the strangest colours ive ever seen that for sure

Reactions: 45bvtc