RS3 do not exceed 4000 rpm and cut out?

Tom horner

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I bought a 2012 RS3 from Leeds Audi In October and the car has been great love it. Its never put a foot out of line until the other night, was out with local supercar club, car was in sports mode on the box and on the dash creeping up to a junction then hear a beep, EPC light was on the dash and it said not to exceed 4000rpm on the display.

The engine started to what felt like misfire and wouldn't accelerate then cut out, it then taken a few attempts to start it and when it finally did it spluttered into life and taken few seconds to sort it self out but the light went out and all has been ok since. Its under warranty so going in to Audi on Wednesday, didn't know if anyone had experienced anything similar?

Had this crop up on the dash within two weeks of my ownership, didn’t drive it opted to plug the obdeleven Dongal in first read a scan the car for faults, cleared them and all as been good since. 26k and not returned ( touch wood)

Literally had this happen to mine last week, was the Camshaft adjuster valve, all sorted under warranty not a big job in the end.