Rs3 exhaust rattle issue Valve 8p

MaartenRS3

Reaction score
hello dears
I’m running a 2012 8p Rs3 and have a rattle sound in the exhaust. This due to the axes of the valve.... I guess.

1 is there a thread with a solution for this? Others than new oem part or after market... just solving the original part?

2 I installed a pipe replacing the original muffler part to be honnest, with the valve disconnected then offcourse. So now the sport button makes no sense anymore(?) and the vacuum lign/ hose is open all the time.

5C067054 62BE 4079 A2EB B472BE7B8F08
BD19C852 2B02 4173 8B95 72F46AEC4CDC

Is this a good thing the vacuum lign is interrupted/ open. It messes sensors to the cpu? Can it harm the car? Can it be I experience less power from the engine with open vacuum hose?
The valve is cpu/rpm controlled or only on/ off via the button.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

no harm will be made to the car for that. you could pinch the vacuum hose and tight it with a ziptie to make sure you're blocking that line completely.
regarding the S button, it will not affect the exhaust anymore, but it does help with the throttle response and launch control

Reactions: MaartenRS3
no harm will be made to the car for that. you could pinch the vacuum hose and tight it with a ziptie to make sure you're blocking that line completely.
regarding the S button, it will not affect the exhaust anymore, but it does help with the throttle response and launch control

Thansk for reply
So disconnect and tightn the hose only, would have solved the issue also :( without purhasing the pipe exhaust.... hmmm Damned. Anyway was not that expensive and Some more rs sound i have Now.

Now the hose is left open.... so indeed dirt can come in and for what i think i experiance less motor power.can that be?
Will close the hose circuit indeed.

It’s a bit like my Powervalve turbo back system. The actuator at the rear is tapped into the manifold to be boost operated. So the S button is redundant but no biggy to turn it on for a ) the light is a pleasing visual and b) for throttle response as mentioned above (although I’m still not sure about that one)

3e8aad721a4836cd98fbb6f3f9b0d26a.plist
cce4119fd9d5aad8e8af5ce6412f4bd4.png

It’s a bit like my Powervalve turbo back system. The actuator at the rear is tapped into the manifold to be boost operated. So the S button is redundant but no biggy to turn it on for a ) the light is a pleasing visual and b) for throttle response as mentioned above (although I’m still not sure about that one)

3e8aad721a4836cd98fbb6f3f9b0d26a.plist
cce4119fd9d5aad8e8af5ce6412f4bd4.png
Mhh...yes also not a real belever of the fact the sport button Will increase the throttle... the manual even talk about smoother steering suspention magnetics...etc.... more a commercial thing it is i guess. What Will be true for the 8v chassis.

My sport button also not seem to have the 3s press option. Only short press on and short press off Works.

Maybe not latest software donotknow

Mhh...yes also not a real belever of the fact the sport button Will increase the throttle... the manual even talk about smoother steering suspention magnetics...etc.... more a commercial thing it is i guess. What Will be true for the 8v chassis.

My sport button also not seem to have the 3s press option. Only short press on and short press off Works.

Maybe not latest software donotknow

That’s the ESP button your referring to not the sports button for traction control

That’s the ESP button your referring to not the sports button for traction control
Maybe additionan question. What are the 2 modes i read sport esp and esp off? What is difference with normal sport button pressed?

What is best for fastest accelerations on high way or launch control?

Maybe additionan question. What are the 2 modes i read sport esp and esp off? What is difference with normal sport button pressed?

What is best for fastest accelerations on high way or launch control?

Long press traction completely off - be careful
Short press traction in sport mode
No press traction fully on