Rs3 fl downpipe

James42

Reaction score
Alright people, I’m new to the rs3s and am looking at what downpipe to get, had a bcs turbo back on my golf r And I know it’s an option on the rs3 aswell, can anyone shed some light onto why some downpipes are over a grand whilst the scorpion one is only £600, what do people recommend ? Thanks

Are you wanting a decat pipe or one with a sports cat?

I was looking at the sports cat from milltek to get rid of the gpf with a map.

Not decided if I will do it yet

Alright people, I’m new to the rs3s and am looking at what downpipe to get, had a bcs turbo back on my golf r And I know it’s an option on the rs3 aswell, can anyone shed some light onto why some downpipes are over a grand whilst the scorpion one is only £600, what do people recommend ? Thanks

welcome to the world of RS tax. Are you prefl or fl?

Reactions: FBF01
I got a miltek decat for 700 but mine is PFL. Had it mapped yesterday and it sounds mental.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Are you wanting a decat pipe or one with a sports cat?

I was looking at the sports cat from milltek to get rid of the gpf with a map.

Not decided if I will do it yet
Probably going to go decat mate just deciding on what dp and cooler

For any of those with decat, do you get any smell in the car? You can certainly tell if a car has a decat when driving behind :)

Yes there is a "limited run" increased cost at play (selling 00's not 000's), but definitely an RS tax on top. But worth it IMO for a bit more raw sound and a good torque hike and better top end too.

Beware the dreaded wastegate rattle - for me really not an issue, I do run a 200-cell cat (Integrated Engineering) and that makes quite a difference. It doens't bother me anyway to be honest.

I wasn't too keen on the look of the scorpion, preferred something with a smooth taper and 3.5" - 2.5" split, and paid extra for it. BCS does look good, I don't know anyone running it but the Wagner looked OK too albeit usually quite pricey. Seen a couple of good deals on it though.

RS tax it’s not like you’ll get one for £200 is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there is a "limited run" increased cost at play (selling 00's not 000's), but definitely an RS tax on top. But worth it IMO for a bit more raw sound and a good torque hike and better top end too.

Beware the dreaded wastegate rattle - for me really not an issue, I do run a 200-cell cat (Integrated Engineering) and that makes quite a difference. It doens't bother me anyway to be honest.

I wasn't too keen on the look of the scorpion, preferred something with a smooth taper and 3.5" - 2.5" split, and paid extra for it. BCS does look good, I don't know anyone running it but the Wagner looked OK too albeit usually quite pricey. Seen a couple of good deals on it though.
Yeah that’s the only thing bugging me about the scorpion just seems to hit a dead end then split into 2, I read the thread on here with the revised part which looks better but which section you’d get i don’t know and yeah wastegate ratle doesn’t bother me, nearly ordered the iroz but £280 customs charge ...

Yeah that’s the only thing bugging me about the scorpion just seems to hit a dead end then split into 2, I read the thread on here with the revised part which looks better but which section you’d get i don’t know and yeah wastegate ratle doesn’t bother me, nearly ordered the iroz but £280 customs charge ...

Yeah in current climate not an option, when I bought the IE the saving on customs and shipping paid for my flight to the US, I brought it back in a suitcase... I agonised over this one for a while.

The Wagner 8S/8V.2 one is on ebay with wg_motorsports for 650 - £575 now as the 20% off code PERCENT20 works with them - expires tomorrow AM. Maybe worth a consideration?

Edit to add I think it's a mistake, it is listed twice in their shop (same part number) one at the usual £765... here it's 650 and with the discount that is a bargain.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wagner-T...odels-De-Cat-or-Racing-Catalyst-/323466496197

Reactions: James42
Yeah in current climate not an option, when I bought the IE the saving on customs and shipping paid for my flight to the US, I brought it back in a suitcase... I agonised over this one for a while.

The Wagner 8S/8V.2 one is on ebay with wg_motorsports for 650 - £575 now as the 20% off code PERCENT20 works with them - expires tomorrow AM. Maybe worth a consideration?

Edit to add I think it's a mistake, it is listed twice in their shop (same part number) one at the usual £765... here it's 650 and with the discount that is a bargain.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wagner-T...odels-De-Cat-or-Racing-Catalyst-/323466496197

I have been looking at the IE downpipe today and it’s a stunning bit of kit. Doesn’t seem like anywhere in the UK sell them

It's gonna be hidden. What do looks matter?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
Possibly means looks a stunningly capable piece of kit.

Reactions: RS03_SEN
Possibly means looks a stunningly capable piece of kit.

That’s exactly what I meant. Totally get you won’t see it but you can clearly see from the pictures that the quality of it looks great. Love the fact you can swap the CAT in and out.

The problem is that now I have done a bit of research on this I have found that the wastegate rattle gets worse. It sounds awful on start up but does go away, not sure I could live with it all the time.

Does anyone know if this is better with a sports cat rather than decat?

Does anyone know if this is better with a sports cat rather than decat?

Yes it is better. I haven't personally tested it, but a guy in Aus sent me spec to fab up a decat pypass pipe he was fitting... a few days later he told me he put the cat back in as the rattle was now driving it crazy.

I can't really hear it inside except certain situations (like lugging it up a hill at 30mph where the throttle is right in the rattle 'sweet spot'), mapping also can minimise or reduce it completely depending on the tuners approach.

I fitted the scorpion decat to give me the option of a sports cat if needed. The wastegate rattle is soooo annoying make your pride and joy sound like a bag of spanners.

After voicing my concern to a local tuner he mapped it out. Car sounds amazing with zero wastegare noise.

To be honest the car had a slight wastegate rattle standard and none now.

Tuner was Big Fish Tuning Stokesley.