Facelift RS3 FL Gearbox Issue?

hcx187

Reaction score
Hi all

Recently picked up an RS3 FL with 17.5K and not sure if issue or just characteristic of S tronic gearbox map I noticed that in the lower gears the gear changes are little clunky if that makes sense? For example if you come off accelerator and slowly go back on will be a delay and then gets into gear

Booked into Audi but not sure if they will help

Hi all

Recently picked up an RS3 FL with 17.5K and not sure if issue or just characteristic of S tronic gearbox map I noticed that in the lower gears the gear changes are little clunky if that makes sense? For example if you come off accelerator and slowly go back on will be a delay and then gets into gear

Booked into Audi but not sure if they will help
Yep I experience this, expecially if on the brakes when changing down. I think the car disengages the clutch when not on the power and sometimes delays downshifts low in the rev range until you get on the power a bit. Maybe the anti-stall feature. Either way, yeah you have to learn how to drive it a bit. Not sure if TCM remaps help.

Yep I experience this, expecially if on the brakes when changing down. I think the car disengages the clutch when not on the power and sometimes delays downshifts low in the rev range until you get on the power a bit. Maybe the anti-stall feature. Either way, yeah you have to learn how to drive it a bit. Not sure if TCM remaps help.
Cool so not even worth going into Audi as sounds like its how the car is to be honest?

Very much a characteristic of the DQ500 in these partially helped with tcu tunes but it is still there somewhat.

Reactions: hcx187