Facelift RS3 Genuine Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes

Just a quick question I have, I have a PFL with the sports exhaust system and recently unplugged my exhaust valves so they are permanently open, so is it worth getting the secondary de cat done now or not much point?

Just a quick question I have, I have a PFL with the sports exhaust system and recently unplugged my exhaust valves so they are permanently open, so is it worth getting the secondary de cat done now or not much point?
100% get the secondary bypass pipes!

A good combo is valves left plugged in + secondary bypass pipes. I wouldn’t leave valves unplugged with the bypass pipes in as it would be too loud. You’d be able to control the noise this way.

I have a set of genuine bypass pipes if you need

These guys might have got pops and bangs on the FL RS3. Comments say its the stock sports exhaust but DCT power changed some ECU software for different power and sound. I wonder if it's the PFL RS3 with VC retrofit since the guys other pics have a retro-fitted VC in an A3 and also some PFL RS3 videos.

Also what's going on here?

These guys might have got pops and bangs on the FL RS3. Comments say its the stock sports exhaust but DCT power changed some ECU software for different power and sound. I wonder if it's the PFL RS3 with VC retrofit since the guys other pics have a retro-fitted VC in an A3 and also some PFL RS3 videos.

This is a pre facelift car, I know as I supplied the boy with the coding for it

100% get the secondary bypass pipes!

A good combo is valves left plugged in + secondary bypass pipes. I wouldn’t leave valves unplugged with the bypass pipes in as it would be too loud. You’d be able to control the noise this way.

I have a set of genuine bypass pipes if you need

Hi Aoon_M I have sent you a pm about the pipes

Thanks Ben

Think my FL sounds epic:) No secondary cats and With the MTM Controller it sounds mental:) Those coldstarts wakes up the neighbourhood for sure! And With the sound Level this car produces now, Im glad I dont have the "pops and bangs" on top of that. Would be to much and I would get tired of listening to that everytime I downshift

The decat bypass pipes numbers you want are

8S0 254 502 A
8S0 254 503 A

I can confirm these fit thr PFL as i fitted them today with great sucess!

Gasket and nuts are

W8D0 253 115 C (GASKET)
WN 911 308 01 (NUT)

So order 2 Gaskets and i would order 10 nuts as there are 3 per pipe up front and 2 per sleeve clamp at the rear you could also replace the bolt on the sleeve part aswell but i didnt bother.

Hi All,

Just so I get this right can someone kindly confirm - the above parts can be ordered from Stealers for PFL? How much do they come in at and how long to wait on delivery?

Upgrading my rear discs now so might as well do this mod too

Thanks

I noticed this morning, downshifts from below 2000rpm we’re giving off a few crackles and I had several pops when downshifting like this into third.

Well happy with the car, I would have liked to get the anti-drone silencers out but it is on the borderline of drone now with the valves unplugged.

I noticed this morning, downshifts from below 2000rpm we’re giving off a few crackles and I had several pops when downshifting like this into third.

Well happy with the car, I would have liked to get the anti-drone silencers out but it is on the borderline of drone now with the valves unplugged.

Told you! wait till you get to 1500 miles mate, mine is banging for England when the temps are right!

Reactions: AudiNutta

And I haven't even unplugged my valves yet.....

Told you! wait till you get to 1500 miles mate, mine is banging for England when the temps are right!

Yep I'm getting more cracks and pops on downshifts now with a warm engine. The cars got 1300miles on it now.

Valve set up is standard.
So just for my info on this FL valve issue.... if the valves were unplugged what you're saying is it's basically gonna be louder all thru the rev range and basically louder all the time?

Yep I'm getting more cracks and pops on downshifts now with a warm engine. The cars got 1300miles on it now.

Valve set up is standard.
So just for my info on this FL valve issue.... if the valves were unplugged what you're saying is it's basically gonna be louder all thru the rev range and basically louder all the time?

According to @AudiNutta yes mate. they are open in 1st gear and then latter gears in high revs. but once unplugged they are always open, I'm just waiting for the 4 pin plug protectors before I do mine :) I am worried my neighbours will hate me on the early morning gym visits, apparently the cold start is louder with them fully open :astonished:

According to @AudiNutta yes mate. they are open in 1st gear and then latter gears in high revs. but once unplugged they are always open, I'm just waiting for the 4 pin plug protectors before I do mine :) I am worried my neighbours will hate me on the early morning gym visits, apparently the cold start is louder with them fully open :astonished:

Right cheers thanks for info.
Be interesting to hear the difference with the valves unplugged.

I'm sure I saw a picture or two on one of these threads showing the actual exhaust valves and the associated cables/connectors ..... can't seem to find it. Can anyone confirm this??

No problem, not looked myself yet, but apparently the FL is 4 pin not 3pin. but should be the same as the videos bar that...
The concept is still the same, start the car, cycle through to check valves are open, pull the plugs and either tape it off or use the blanking parts I am getting, turn the car off start it up again (error codes should be cleared), especially if use the valve delete adaptor, and then they are always open.
Audinutta said the noise with the valves unplugged is a must have.

No problem, not looked myself yet, but apparently the FL is 4 pin not 3pin. but should be the same as the videos bar that...
The concept is still the same, start the car, cycle through to check valves are open, pull the plugs and either tape it off or use the blanking parts I am getting, turn the car off start it up again (error codes should be cleared), especially if use the valve delete adaptor, and then they are always open.

Ok I might have to try this.

Think my FL sounds epic:) No secondary cats and With the MTM Controller it sounds mental:) Those coldstarts wakes up the neighbourhood for sure! And With the sound Level this car produces now, Im glad I dont have the "pops and bangs" on top of that. Would be to much and I would get tired of listening to that everytime I downshift
Had mine for nearly a year now. Enjoy the pops and crackles more and more each day.

Reactions: DW81

Don’t bank on the error codes clearing, you might still have to plug it in to clear the codes once it has stored one which it will have.

Nope it is not tiring ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81
The pops and bangs are all part of the fantastic experience of owning the PFL a completely raw car

Don’t bank on the error codes clearing, you might still have to plug it in to clear the codes once it has stored one which it will have.

if there was a way to disconnect the valves with the car off and plug in the loop there would never be an error code as the circuit would be complete. Just not sure if when we turn the cars off the valves don't close immediately, so not sure how you would do that...

if there was a way to disconnect the valves with the car off and plug in the loop there would never be an error code as the circuit would be complete. Just not sure if when we turn the cars off the valves don't close immediately, so not sure how you would do that...
On my Focus RS it was just a case of ignition on, unplug, connect the defeat plug, ignition off, start car. No error codes.

Reactions: Phil3

Yes correct but the engine needs to be on to be sure they are open, because they do what they want when the car is off.

Yes correct but the engine needs to be on to be sure they are open, because they do what they want when the car is off.

Not so....

When I unplugged mine to test it was left in Dynamic running then I switched off by pressing the start button
Went round the back and unplugged them.

Was the same on the Golf R too when applying the VCDS flap tweak, but with that I had to shift back into P after switching off.

On my Focus RS it was just a case of ignition on, unplug, connect the defeat plug, ignition off, start car. No error codes.

This is hopefully a route we can copy when some 4 pin plugs hit the market

Not so....

When I unplugged mine to test it was left in Dynamic running then I switched off by pressing the start button
Went round the back and unplugged them.

Was the same on the Golf R too when applying the VCDS flap tweak, but with that I had to shift back into P after switching off.

Yes they stay put until the car is ‘woken back up’ effectively. Leave the car for 5 minutes, open the door and you will hear the valves close ready for the next start... like when the fuel pump primes.

Got this mod fitted yesterday to my PFL 8V.

Thanks Aoon for the personal delivery - your “partially turned back to stock” baby sounded amazing and seeing things like your steering wheel in the flesh...well they just defy the laws of what can be achieved

Can’t believe I left it so long to do this mod when it was One of my first on my 8P - must have been because I have the sports exhaust on the 8V or more simplified because I don’t know my A from my elbow

Anyway, now that it’s done...wow...hardly noticeable in individual, comfort and auto modes...although it is! In Dynamic ‘D’ it’s just that bit throatier and the in ‘S’ well it’s like falling in love all over again.

If the neighbours can set there watch by my wake up call every morning, then my neighbours neighbours will now be doing the same

Huh, what does Aoon's steering wheel look like?

Also looks like some of the pops and bangs are back. Comments say its from an Iroz Motorsport catless downpipe and midpipe, also mapping. It says the switchable crackles and pops are louder than pre-facelift.

If that’s the facelift it still doesn’t sound anywhere near as dramatic as the PFL especially the pops on the over run / downshifts :smirk:

Ps flamesheid is on

If that’s the facelift it still doesn’t sound anywhere near as dramatic as the PFL especially the pops on the over run / downshifts :smirk:

Ps flamesheid is on

That's already been known for a while now but that video is better than the stock RS3 FL which has no/very little over run pops and bangs .

If I have 7MM = Emission standard EU6 plus, does the car come with the secondary cats?

Hi, I'm new here and saw my car in the workshop today. For those who might be iterested, it doesn't have these 2ndary cats, but nevertheless sold as Euro6 in Belgium. Car will be delivered next Friday. Can't wait to hear it ...:rock:

Thought I'd unplug the valves to see what's it's like... Holy moly. Very nice but can't live with it - just too drony even just on the sport tick over. Shame as the valves do tend to kick in and out a lot so somewhere inbetween would be ideal. Will reconnect when I get a moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have established the Facelift sports exhaust cars already have the Audi bypass pipes fitted from factory.

Does anyone know if it’s the same for the Non sports exhaust facelift cars?

@Leo-RS the cats are based on emissions not sound, so in the UK both variants of exhausts come without cats

So if UK has the cats I assume it is the same for Spain, right?. And, does it make any difference in the sound (better/worse, louder/quiter, etc.)?