RS3 Haldex Clutch pump fault

T

T-800

For the past 4 days or so we have noticed traction control light coming on a lot when cornering at speed and pulling away..... so tonight thought i'd connect it up to Vag-Com and i have the Haldex Clutch pump fault 011 - open circuit !

What i don't know if this is related to the 'other' weird noise we have been hearing...

Thing is we go on holiday in 2 weeks so this isn't welcome news really, more messing around at the dealers......

Grrrrrrrr.

:sadlike:

Look on the bright side Sean at least it shows a fault code .:thumbsup:

Look on the bright side Sean at least it shows a fault code .:thumbsup:

I know Ben ! In some way I'm hoping the noise we've been getting and this are related.....

Other half noticed it today when going on to the motorway, she said car was squirming all over the place.

Stafford Audi here we come !!!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Bad luck chap, never pleasant to have issues when you're about to go off on hols. I had the rear diff fail on my first S3 and Audi had the car for 2 weeks so get it in quick.

Haldex control unit I had this a few months back same symptoms all sorted under warranty
Ubbs

:keule: this is going to be the 6th time it's been into a dealer in little over a year.

Never had a car that's spent so much time in dealerships for problems.......

Sorry to hear about this, know what it is like having the car in the dealer's place so often. Interesting though, as I've noticed some acceleration "squirm" when I've floored it off the A21 Tonbridge bypass (not gonna mean jack to you Northern fellas!) roundabout on several occasions recently. Prompted me to check all the tyre pressures, which were only slightly off. Have also had the traction control light flicker on a few times recently. Car is in for a service at Coulsdon next week, so will get it looked into...

Update

Took the 3 to Stafford Audi today, it needs new Haldex Pump & new a new horn as well.

I also mentioned the steering wheel vibration at 70mph, they have a new wheel load balancing machine so I've had the wheels all balanced on this machine.

They rang me late this afternoon to say they'd balanced all the wheels, however the front near side wheel gave them the most trouble, I asked why, they said the front near side is always the one tyre that gets damaged by potholes and the like, apparently the machine can identify any damage in the tyre structure, luckily mine were in tolerance otherwise I'd be looking at a new tyre.

Should be getting car back by Wednesday hopefully.

Reactions: warren_S5
Update

Took the 3 to Stafford Audi today, it needs new Haldex Pump & new a new horn as well.

I also mentioned the steering wheel vibration at 70mph, they have a new wheel load balancing machine so I've had the wheels all balanced on this machine.

They rang me late this afternoon to say they'd balanced all the wheels, however the front near side wheel gave them the most trouble, I asked why, they said the front near side is always the one tyre that gets damaged by potholes and the like, apparently the machine can identify any damage in the tyre structure, luckily mine were in tolerance otherwise I'd be looking at a new tyre.

Should be getting car back by Wednesday hopefully.

Not going to say I 'Like' it Sean 'cos I don't but it's all very interesting information/data.

Here's hoping everything is good for Wednesday.
:thumbsup:

Reactions: T-800
All interesting stuff John, Stafford Audi didn't mess around, Steve & Darren got the RS straight in while I was there.

Speaking to Chris on service regarding the tyre, he said they see a fair few near side tyres being damaged by potholes & the like, it's always the first port of call when anybody has steering wheel vibration.

Hopefully it'll have cured it once and for all.

Stafford Audi :applaus:

Reactions: 45bvtc
Oh and it's had a 'new' engine update regarding Oil pressure.

Never once faulted Stafford Audi Sean: they even had an open day on Saturday last with a free hog roast and ice cream...:yum:

Lots of NEW colours... :kissmyrings:

SA0720_zpsff5c9f03.jpg

Reactions: Kelza
Stafford Audi just rang all done and ready for collection.

Top service that is !!

Picked up the RS this morning, everything is ok now.

Steering wheel vibration is history after Darren at Stafford Audi used their wheel load balancer to do all four wheels.

They even gave me a print out from the machine to show what's been done.

Cannot fault the guys at Stafford Audi.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the past 4 days or so we have noticed traction control light coming on a lot when cornering at speed and pulling away..... so tonight thought i'd connect it up to Vag-Com and i have the Haldex Clutch pump fault 011 - open circuit !

What i don't know if this is related to the 'other' weird noise we have been hearing...

Thing is we go on holiday in 2 weeks so this isn't welcome news really, more messing around at the dealers......

Grrrrrrrr.

:sadlike:

Stafford Audi just rang all done and ready for collection.

Top service that is !!

Hi I've got a 2012 rs3 and recently its started showing a haldex clutch pump fault..i have it booked in to leeds audi next week. I was just wondering how much did it cost to get fixed?

Hi I've got a 2012 rs3 and recently its started showing a haldex clutch pump fault..i have it booked in to leeds audi next week. I was just wondering how much did it cost to get fixed?

It was under warranty at the time..........so £0

Pump itself is £200 + to buy on it's own.

Quite straight forward if you can do your own maintenance......

Have you checkef the fault code . Firstly i would get a independant garage to clean your strainer change oil and get filter cleaned and if you get someone who has vcd's and get them to do a output test ( mod 22 awd ) and listen out to hear if pump kicks in